Newark DE Fall Demos

A forum to discuss Endless Worlds Organised Play events.
(NOTE: This was the Society News forum and has legacy threads that have not yet been sorted)
gabriellyon
Hlobane Orc

Newark DE Fall Demos

Post by gabriellyon »

So I have been doing free RPG day C&C adventures the last couple of years at my FLGS and this year we had a really smashing turn out. With the number of people coming to attend growing each year we have decided to do a series of fall demos. I have written up a promotion for both their website and handouts and would welcome any feedback or suggestions. There will be four adventures run, two time each for a total of eight sessions. Thank you all for your time and advice.

The Days of Knights will be hosting 4 fall demos of the independent RPG Castles and Crusades (C&C), a fantasy RPG similar to Dungeons and Dragons and “It is often said that Castles & Crusades is the Rosetta Stone of Old School Gaming. It certainly is that, but there is a lot more going on here than just that" . . . .Timothy B. (RPGNow).
C&C is an easy to learn system and allows players to focus on their character and story as opposed to having to constantly look up rules.
Four adventures will be featured

Beneath a Green Sky
Previously run for free RPG Day
Players:
Dates

A0 Rising Knight
Players:
Dates

A Druids Lament
Previously run for free RPG Day
Players:
Dates

The Secret of Roan Skerry
Players:
Dates

As seating is limited we do ask that players preregister a seat for the game of their choice. We cannot guarantee seats will be available on the day of the event but any open seats will be filled on a first come first serve basis.

Seats can be registered by sending an email to Gabriellyon (at) yahoo (dot) com
A reply will be sent back confirming your registration or notifying you if your selected game is already full.

So why play C&C?
“ The game is easier to run. It has low prep time and is easy to house rule. C&C is compatible with all other editions of Dungeons and Dragons. It has old school feel, without THACO, negative AC, or weird saves. The combat is fast, yet exciting. Easy to teach, easy to learn. Much more emphasis on the story is possible. It may use Archetype classes but the SIEGE engine allows greater player/character versatility. It gives power back to the DM! Great company support”! (Trolllord.com)

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Newark DE Fall Demos

Post by Buttmonkey »

I would say it uses ascending AC rather than "without THACO, negative AC". I'm not sure what you mean by "weird saves". C&C's save system is more complicated than 3.X's 3-save system, but clearer than 1E's saves. Personally, I think saying C&C is compatible with all other editions of Dungeons & Dragons is over-selling a bit. Conversion of 3E, 4E, and 5E materials takes work and/or experience. Similarly, converting high level 1E, B/X, and 2E products is tricky as the power levels don't scale the same.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

gabriellyon
Hlobane Orc

Post by gabriellyon »

Thanks for the feed back. That last paragraph is actually a quote from the trolls store website. I tried a few times to put it into my own words but was not happy with how it sounded. I can try and write something again and will post it if I am happy with how it sounds.

Fosco
Mist Elf

Post by Fosco »

Is this the store right off the UD campus?

gabriellyon
Hlobane Orc

Post by gabriellyon »

Pretty much, It's on main st. towards the east end. I am hoping to notify student groups of the event.

Fosco
Mist Elf

Post by Fosco »

I checked out the store and loved it while my daughter was touring the campus. Unfortunately, she chose another college. ;)

gabriellyon
Hlobane Orc

Post by gabriellyon »

Glad you liked it. I try and support the store as much as I can by running games that I play when there is time. Also a good school, got my undergrad at UofD and will graduate with a Masters from there as well.

Fosco
Mist Elf

Post by Fosco »

We loved everything about the school and area, just came down to in-state vs. out of state tuition and a Master's program she got into at her college.

gabriellyon
Hlobane Orc

Post by gabriellyon »

A note for anyone who is interested in attending. The dates have been moved to Oct. for scheduling reasons. You can find all the information at the Days of Knights website
http://daysofknights.com/

gabriellyon
Hlobane Orc

Post by gabriellyon »

Just thought I would post a quick post event note. Overall I was rather pleased with the way everything went for the Fall C&C Demo event. I decided to use some of the little items from the three sisters KS as give aways. Had one weekend reserved right from the start and got a number of walk ins during the other weekends. May very well have to consider doing this again. Little bit worried about Free RPG day though. Had a lot of people say they would see me then for my annual C&C Free RPG day adventure. Not sure there will be anywhere close to enough seats. Wishing any other knights my very best in your own games.
Thanks