The C&C Society - faster, stronger... better....!

A forum to discuss Endless Worlds Organised Play events.
(NOTE: This was the Society News forum and has legacy threads that have not yet been sorted)
seskis281
Lore Drake

The C&C Society - faster, stronger... better....!

Post by seskis281 »

CHANGES IN PROGRESS TO THE C&C SOCIETY!

The C&C Society is currently undergoing a major set of changes and improvements - the current site (www.cncsociety.org) will be phasing out as the primary Society webpage and there will be a new and improved set of Society pages that will be accessible via the Troll Lord Games main website.

This will also entail some of the following major shifts in our foci as a Society:

a.) Any society member who organizes a game or demo at a local store, a local event, a regional con, or even a regular "Society meetup" will receive TLG support in terms of promotional material of some sort. Steve has caused a truly remarkable Society banner to be rendered, and we will get 13 x 19 sheets of these to everyone, and perhaps even have a larger banner that can be loaned for bigger events. Members who do the organizing will receive benefits in some product too.

b.) All heraldry will be changed over to a "title reward" system, where organizing or just participating in such events will gain greater title - i.e. no longer based when joining on "number of people in group," but by activity as a member. Current titles will be "grandfathered" in as is. Down the road, TLG will be minting "Society Coins" which will also be added, eventually, to this reward/incentive membership program. These coins will be good for purchasing product, of TLG at first, but also hopefully for other entities in the future.

c.) Other things we have been attempting will need to be wrapped up and "cashed out" as it were. This involves closing out a couple of attempted endeavors and streamling others, as I will detail below:

Domesday Book and produced material - We will shift here as well. We will produce one more Domesday (number 5) as we have been this fall, then beginning in Jan. 2010 with the new year we will shift to a monthly newsletter format under the same title. This format will only be a 8-12 page newsletter with the following sections: a.) "Horn Blasts", updates and news from myself and us as officers to members (1 page), including updates on what's new in release from all publishers tied to C&C (Brave Halfling especially, AGP, Goodman if they start up again); b.) "Call to Arms", which will be 1-2 pages of updates on who's doing what, where, when and how, as pertains to the above focus on games; c.)"Creative Crusading", 6-9 pages that will showcase member creativity specifically in three areas - Society "Artist" of the Month, showcasing 1 or several pieces of art by submission, "New Monster or Class" of the Month, and "Special Feature" of the month which could be any single article of 1200 words or less (could be a review of some product, could be similar to the Weather articles, or a How to Deal with players). All material submitted to the Society for the Domesday book will get circulated to all officers as editors, and we will vote on what is best, selecting what we want to showcase. All deadlines will be standardized to first of the month, period. This will increase our quality, competativeness, and regularity/quantity of material.

Once I close my site as the "official" Society page, I will be re-organizing and re-publishing it as "The Squire's Corner," an offsite webpage where I will continue personally to host netbooks and fan-produced material, linked to but not hosted by TLG. Here I'll keep stuff like Rigon's psionics book, other stuff members ask me to host, and I will wrap up the Grimoire with what we have already and put it there as a pdf.

The Contest - we will "cash this out" now, close down, select a winner and wrap it up. I'll look to this next week.

Anything else that was put on the burner but never caught flame, like the gestalt world, it's time to close the shop on. This is not a smack or a putdown to ideas by anyone, just a reality that we have to keep our eyes firmly focused on expanding the Crusade for both Society and TLG.

The current Domesday Forums will close effectively this weekend. We will utilize the Society Forum at the TLG boards from now own.

A new Society Chat Room will go live in very short order.

STAY TUNED!!!

Ilshara: Lands of Exile:
http://johnwright281.tripod.com/

High Squire of the C&C Society
www.cncsociety.org
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Thanks for the update, John and thanks for all the hard work to you and the other Society officers for the hard work and dedication.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Why do I have that Daft Punk song running through my head now? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGECJP3phyY

~O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Ah, memories when it was on eBaums...

zacharythefirst
Red Cap

Post by zacharythefirst »

Exciting stuff! Can't wait to see the new digs!

I'm fired up to do some demos!
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the western stars, until I die.
-Tennyson

AslanC
Ulthal

Post by AslanC »

Looking forward to it! Any estimate when the webpage will go up?

And here's an awesome companion video to that Daft Punk one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPq1_9DsLKk&feature=fvst

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Visit the new BASH Forums!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

So, when the new site goes live, will we have a password or will we have to register for the site?

And, when are we thinking this thing will go live?

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

Rigon wrote:
So, when the new site goes live, will we have a password or will we have to register for the site?

And, when are we thinking this thing will go live?

R-

No new registration for current members - the password and access will be provided to you as soon as they are up and I have them to send.

As to when - hopefully soon in the coming days (nudge nudge Steve and aztecman...

Ilshara: Lands of Exile:
http://johnwright281.tripod.com/

High Squire of the C&C Society
www.cncsociety.org
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Thanks John.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

seskis281 wrote:
(nudge nudge)

Where did you find this poke icon?! That's HYSTERICAL!
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Relaxo wrote:
Where did you find this poke icon?! That's HYSTERICAL!

Its under the 'view more emoticons' section.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach