The Society

Where Crusaders Gather to Discuss C&C, games they are playing, hook up for conventions and more.
seskis281
Lore Drake

The Society

Post by seskis281 »

Hi folks,

It's been some time since I've been around, and this is because of a variety of things - mainly an overload in life (new daughter, tenure year at my University, expanded work-load, yada yada)....

Since it's the new year, it was time to look at things and make some decisions. The first is a tough one for me, which is I will be stepping down as the official "head" of the C&C Society.

I have had a long talk with Steve about this today, and he will be mulling over who will take the reigns as the Society moves forward. I will remain very active, and will continue to act as "squire" to whomever does take the official leadership. I will continue to be the membership/rolls coordinator and will continue helping organize events at both GenCon and GaryCon this year.

The Society itself remains in transition, and is still seeking about, searching for its "purpose" and place in the Crusade. In my talk with Steve, he very much wants it to continue and, more importantly, to really serve all the players of C&C. It was originally restarted to that end, and really should be, quite simply, a tool for bringing players together (both face-to-face and online) to game and spread the Crusade about C&C. A lot of ideas have been floated, tried, didn't work, etc., but the Society is still here and will continue to be so, even as it searches for how best to successfully exist.

Now, one of the things that's happened is that a lot of people have seen the Society as being something different, and it's tried to be those things at different times - separate and about all gaming in general rather than tied to TLG and C&C (always difficult when the name IS C&C Society), an avenue for publishing work, etc. While all our endeavors have been noble, it has meant the Society remained somewhat diffuse and elusive, with different pulls from members on its direction. Sometimes the better thing to do is step back and find a strong, narrow focus - a mission for the Society that is practical and viable. Again, Steve and I talked about this, and as I step aside I urge everyone to embrace and support the mission of the Society as it goes forward.

So I'm not going anywhere as an active member of the community, or even as an active part of the Society.

Alea Iacta Est!

Ilshara: Lands of Exile:
http://johnwright281.tripod.com/

High Squire of the C&C Society
www.cncsociety.org
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

CKDad
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Post by CKDad »

Thanks for all your hard work, John (and to Eric, Robert and the others who keep or have kept things running)!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Nice work up to this point Ses! Now it's time to kick back and let the fruits of your labor shine!

~O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Ses

Thanks for all you've done!

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Breakdaddy
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Breakdaddy »

Sorry to see you step down, John, but Im very pleased that you will still be around
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

All the best . . JOhn!!

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Jackal
Ulthal

Post by Jackal »

Luck to you John, thanks again for all you've done.

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

John, as I said before, you have done an incredible job! You took the society and doubled its numbers with your hard work and really got the Domesday Book into reality. You painstakingly organized the tournament at GenCon and put a lot of time into a ton of stuff that most people can't grasp. Things like paying for a website for the Society and maintaining it, and the often overwhelming task of doing the Domesday Book. Lets not mention fielding the negative comments from the peanut gallery.

In the end, this is about having fun, so we can have more time to plan our next con together without the burden of all the other stuff.

Again, excellent job. For those who feel John is stepping down....he's not really. He's stepping sideways. Theres a difference.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Piperdog wrote:
For those who feel John is stepping down....he's not really. He's stepping sideways. Theres a difference.

OMG. He's about to dance!

~O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Only if he has his hands on his hips.

Ogden
Skobbit

Post by Ogden »

...and brings his knees in tight.