HH & U3

All things about the Haunted Highlands!
DangerDwarf
Maukling

HH & U3

Post by DangerDwarf »

Thinking about dropping Verdant Rage into the Haunted Highlands and DB'ing the module up some.

Scrolls of Nartarus replace the Liber Mortis, taking some of the nifty abilities too.

Shelien Mandrake replacing Argus and tweaking the Circle of the Green Man to better merge it and the druid grove in U3.

Anyone run U3 in HH?

Afterwards I think Malash Radko might do a snatch and grab on the Scroll, running off to the crater.

Hmmmmmm.

Bowbe
Red Cap

Post by Bowbe »

I like the way you think
Wish I had done that! Hahaha

C.

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Right now my problem is I have more modules and adventure ideas to cram into my HH campaign than I'll ever actually use. So, going to start seeding plot hooks out there and see which way they go.

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

I'm also thinking that...should my players go this route eventually...

I'll be using Malash prior to him setting foot in Umeshti so he'll still have the alive party and soon to be corpse bride with him. Jump the PC's with his party and the animated remains of the ranger who first found the scroll. Then he'll head of to Umeshti for some evil plotting and such.

Aladar
Lore Drake

Post by Aladar »

That's a cool idea DD!

Warden of the Welk Wood

Baron of the Castles & Crusades Society

The Poster formerly known as Alwyn

Senior Gamer - Member of the Senior RPG Tour

"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"
http://www.cncsociety.org/
Lord Aladar
Warden of the Welk Wood

Bowbe
Red Cap

Post by Bowbe »

DangerDwarf wrote:
Right now my problem is I have more modules and adventure ideas to cram into my HH campaign than I'll ever actually use. So, going to start seeding plot hooks out there and see which way they go.

You know, it's like that with me too and I spend a ton of time writing this stuff! With my home gamers Its literally like how they put down bait before filming a fishing show. I toss stuff out at them left right and center till eventually I have to attack them or rob them blind to get them to jump. Of course our party is neutral leaning chaotic evil at this time lol. Nothing I can do. They are incourrigable. It does make it a lot easier for me to kill off their guys tho. Hahah

C.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I think that is the best way to go about it, actually. Give them some pointers and possibles, and let them wander into their own destruction. Nothing wrong if a band of new bloods walks into a Tomb of Horrors... after all, how do adventurers know such things unless someone tries it?

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Bowbe wrote:
Of course our party is neutral leaning chaotic evil at this time lol. Nothing I can do. They are incourrigable. It does make it a lot easier for me to kill off their guys tho. Hahah

HH is just one of those settings for me where it stirs the imagination enough and gives me a mega-holy-crap ton of ideas. Was reading a module for enjoyment sakes today and had a "Damn! I could squeeze this in HH if I switched this with a that and changed the X's to Z's"

Great setting.

Bowbe
Red Cap

Post by Bowbe »

Thanks. I hope to think the best is yet to come! I go through writing cycles that are pretty heavy followed by months of brooding and plotting with very little "word count". I'm currently in one of those writing cycles where the carburator is wide open and the pedal is pushed through the bottom of the floorboard.

Right now I'm finishing up what could turn out to be this settings "City State of the Invincible Overlord" and will follow it up with at least two modules that take place there though they might get rolled into one full campaign about the same size as the first book. Steve is thinking perhaps another box set. We'll see! I had some help on this one and its been cookin for years. 50 non art print pages done so far so thats 58 ish pages with maps? Thing with a box set is I'm not sure I wanna do one just to do one though it may end up being less expensive for you guys which would be a reason to do it that way.

Then i gotta finish a couple 2-4 other books I been workin on for about two years hahaha.

C.

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Sweet!

Definitely looking forward to seeing what the future brings to the Highlands.

Any of the stuff to come detail the Rodensian lands and the princes there more?

Aladar
Lore Drake

Post by Aladar »

I am definately looking forward to more Haunted Highland related modules and such. Keep up the excellent work Bowbe.

I really like the concept of the divided city in Dro Mandras I & II. These have "medieval version of Stalingrad" written all over them, and I have intention of using them as such, street to street fighting, good fun.

Warden of the Welk Wood

Lord Aladar
Warden of the Welk Wood

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

That is some farging great news Bowbe! Let this setting floursh with C&C. Right now TLG needs a setting with tons of support. Keep up the great work.

-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<