View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
TNI: Victorious 
Lore Drake

Post TNI: Victorious
This thread is to discuss the playtest of Victorious, superhero goodness in a world of Victorian Debauchery

...actually, that might not be the tag line...

Heroic Role Playing in the Age of SuperMankind

There it is!

Homer Simpson

Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:58 pm
Lore Drake

Post Re: TNI: Victorious
Quote:
Aramis wrote:
This thread is to discuss the playtest of Victorious, superhero goodness in a world of Victorian Debauchery

...actually, that might not be the tag line...

Heroic Role Playing in the Age of SuperMankind

There it is!

Who is playtesting this? Do they have room for another?

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:13 pm
Lore Drake

I think we have quite a few already. I think the GM said he wanted about 4 and we have 7 I will put in a good word for you..but only if you promise to stop trying to kill me on Sundays. Or any other day, come to think of it

That's why you should join our merry band of irregular Thursday gamers, Nate. Lots of fun games to be played.

Homer Simpson

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:18 pm
Mogrl

Post Re: TNI: Victorious
Quote:
nwelte1 wrote:
Who is playtesting this? Do they have room for another?

The "author" is running it, and "we" are play testing it. We already have 7 players.

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:19 pm
Renegade Mage

Yes... unfortunately the game is very full. That said, we hope to have the finished product of the game in the hands of the fans very soon.

Besides -- the only reason I'm playing is because of what I like to call "Publisher Privilege".

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:05 pm
Red Cap

i'm thinking of playing a notoriously outspken individualist.

who will at every opportunity speak out against the various large institutions that often treat people as faceless cogs or pawns.

in an attempt to bring about a cultural revolution where people are free to choose their own destinies and be treated based upon their actions rather than social standings.

i can see this potentially being a problem depending on the nature of the game.

i would also like to point out that this doesn't preclude my ability to work in a team, as a pc team is a collection of individuals. but it does mean i will probably not work (or at least not well) with faceless npc's operating for large institutions like the law ,church , etc.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:16 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Pat, you know I'm ready to proof read if you need it.

[/jealous]

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:32 pm
Mogrl

Does it help that I have an earlier version?

Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:36 pm
Red Cap

now did we agree to post our characters here

or only send them to sieg?

Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:21 pm
Unkbartig

Post Info to begin game
Requiem for a Monster?

London Times, Published August 12, 1886

It is our unfortunate duty to report upon the death of the noted chemist Dr. Henry Jekyll. He died last evening within his home at Covington Court, apparently due to a gunshot wound to the chest.

The metropolitan police consider the wound to have been self inflicted and thereby no murder investigation will proceed. Dr. Jekyll's contributions to the science of chemistry and pharmaceuticals are a matter of record and will be elaborated upon in the evening issue Times; where a more fulsome eulogy will be provided by Dr. Cargill of the Royal Society.

Despite the apparent suicide there will still be a coroner's examination tomorrow at St. Mary's Hospital but barring any further intelligence this fine Englishman will be laid to rest at Anselm's Cemetery in Brighton. Doctor Jekyll, a bachelor, is survived by relations in various points within the British Isles.

The date of August 13, 1886 finds London going about its usual routine of bustle of commerce and industry. Few persons even noticed the Obituary of Dr. Henry Jeckyll and fewer still found it of interest. Just another unfortunate in a city of unfortunates. Or is there more?

Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:22 pm
Lore Drake

jarredmcgee wrote:
now did we agree to post our characters here

or only send them to sieg?

I sent my rough draft by email to sieg, along with a little intro. Once he gives the go ahead, I'll post both here

Homer Simpson

Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:10 am
Cleric of Zagyg

Is this going to be a SKYPE game?

Just wondering . . as I might like to sit in and listen if sieg is OK with that.

Hey sieg ~ looking forward to the release of this game (as mentioned over on the BHP site)

Woot!

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:18 am
Red Cap

Colokinak was at one time an angel in the third choir of God. Though when the great debate started, due to the foretelling of Ahrimal, he was a supporter of the "act lest inaction bring about the calamity". When Lucifer called for the rebellion he was eager to participate. He felt that denying humanity their potential was a waste. He felt that if they could teach humanity and push them to be the masters of their own destiny, it would free him from the rigid hierarchy of heaven. After the war with heaven Colokinak, like the rest of the 3,333,330 rebel angels, was imprisoned in the abyss. Over the eons the wards and gates of hell began to weaken. Many fallen angels now called demons escaped. Some gave into their torment and decided to take

it out on humanity. Colokinak however saw this as an opportunity to try again, a second chance. Now he works to inspire humanity to take control of their own destinies. To not bow before a lord, or god, who would treat them as tools to be used and discarded. When not about protecting the various common people of the slums he stands in his mundane form on his soap box preaching freedom for all, rebellion, and individuality. Though his speech is full of passion and genuine feelings, he finds most people do not understand. This has caused him some confusion and frustration. Though he dislikes the various organizations and institutions that he sees as keeping humanity down. He knows that it is the people themselves who must act to rid themselves of these yokes. Lest the mistakes of the rebellion be remade.

I've worked out most everything. The only issues seem to be my implementation of limitations. I've made my justifications. I'll only be waiting on a solid confirmation or denial of my methods.

Also i just got notice from the guy i'm subletting from. I may not make the second session. Due to some troubles around my move. But hopefully i won't miss the rest. I will keep you all informed.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:45 am
Red Cap

trailerhead Trial of the Archangel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hbx378n ... playnext=6

trailerhead Prometheus rising
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL9TG8QW ... playnext=8

just thought I'd share

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:35 am
Lore Drake

Introduction Story for Aramis' character:

Luis Hernandez looked nervously at Professor Whitman.

"Not to worry, Luis", Prof Whitman said. "You will soon be on your way. And you will return to tell me of your wonderful journey. Think of it my son, all of knowledge, from all times and all space, all available in the eternal now of the Ethereal Realm. And all soon to be known by you. A mere petty thief and charming scoundrel"

When Luis had signed up to be Prof Whitman's "lab assistant", being sent to certain doom had not been discussed. Prof. Whitman was an expert in what he called the Ethereal Realm. The Ether was a common term of the day, usually used by psychics and other rascals. Luis knew rascals well. After all, he was one himself. In fact, his latest misadventure had forced him into this in the first place. Laying low as a lab assistant had sounded so agreeable.

As near as Luis could make out, the Ethereal Realm was actually some kind of perfect reality, where all of time and space, knowledge and truth existed at once. At least, that was how it was according to Professor Whitman. The professor kept referring to Plato's Theory of Forms, whatever that was.

So here was Luis, seated in a chair, wearing a metal helmet, and waiting for the Professor to turn on the electricity. Sounds perfectly safe, Luis thought wryly. It was hoped that the application of the correct amount would break the barrier between Luis' mind and the Ethereal Realm, and place Luis' consciousness into a better place of perfect truth and beauty. Luis just hoped his head did not catch fire.

Perhaps if he just went and turned himself in, the police would forget about those burglaries, Luis mused to himself. Of course, there was also the con he had pulled on those two spinsters.

The quiet hum of the electrical generator soon escalated to a vibrant gonging sound. With a maniacal look on his face, Prof Whitman flipped the final switch.

At once, Luis saw an explosion of light, and then images and senses of all kinds began filling his mind. He felt like he was a giant brain, absorbing knowledge, but at the same time, he felt an inexorable detachment growing inside of him from the world around him, and even from his own body.

All of a sudden, there was a popping sound, and an armoured man holding what looked to be a pistol was standing before the professor and shouting. The professor shouted something back, a look of triumph in his mad eyes. The armored man held his gun out and, with a look of regret on his face, shot Professor Whitman. Whitman fell to the ground.

Luis was so startled he stood from the chair, discarded his metal helmet, and began backing fearfully towards the door.

As Luis reached for the door, he realised something very odd. He could not see his hand, except for a very faint, tranparent outline. "My God!", thought Luis, "what has that crazy man done to me?"

From behind him, Luis heard the armoured man turn and face him. Luis looked back fearfully towards the man.

"I can still see you", said the armoured man, and fired.

Luis panicked even more and scrambled towards the door, and was thus greatly surprised when he fell through the solid wooden door without even opening it. And then Luis ran and ran and ran.

Homer Simpson

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:41 am
Lore Drake

1. Are we go for launch today at 6 PST/ 9 EST ?

2. Has everyone submitted a final character by email to sieg?

Homer Simpson

Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:58 pm
Red Cap

not sure about next week yet

my move looks to be very commplicated

it may turn into two moves within one month but as i said i'll keep you all up to date

Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:15 pm
Mogrl

Seig and I are still discussing 2 PC's I am looking at playing, which will hopefully be finalized by game time.

Titania doe not look like she will be making it due to Soft Ball commitments, and she hasn't even had time to read through the rules, let alone generate a PC. So she may not play at all.

Which is a bummer because she enjoyed our last Victorious game as much, if not more, than I did.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:22 pm
Mogrl

I was wrong, Ttiania is home, and she will play the "mystic" PC I was looking at playing, and I will play the "Iron Man" type.

So are we using SKYPE and Maptools tonight? Or the Dragonsfoot Chat? What?

Seig,

Realize one of us can use and host Maptools for you, and put any maps up that you e-mail us, plus we can "police" each others dice rolls in Maptools, etc...

It would probably be best if you get Rose to get you signed into Maptools, though. Or if having SKYPE and Maptools going along with your specialized software causes problems, rest assured you can trust us to keep things honest.

So we can run Maptools and keep you informed of rolls and anything else you need.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:37 pm
Red Cap

if we need to get new programs

we'd best get a link asap

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:56 pm
Red Cap

Yep I submitted my character and am ready to roll

just waiting on the game info

-Andre

"thats the one where you explode. You sure you wanna do that?" -Titania

"It has a Rate of fire bonus of ... Ouch!" - JarredMcgee

Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:01 am
Mogrl

I am treebore.therubylord on SKYPE

Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:14 am
Red Cap

since it came up yesterday I'll describe how people may see me

due to my odd appearance.

those with the same alignment as myself will see me as a full fledged angel. Shining light, full halo, white wings, and handsome.

those who are lawful evil the opposite of my character will see me as a full fledged demon. menacing shadows, horns, claws, talons, tattered black wings, and ugly as sin.

Otherwise people will see me as a dark angel. Gray wings, broken halo.

but with some modification based on alignment.

Lawful characters will hear my voice as discordant.

chaotic characters will hear my voice as harmonious.

Good characters will see a warm light emanating from my halo.

Evil characters will see menacing shadows emanating from my halo.

Neutral will see no light nor hear any difference in my voice from normal.

I should have described it earlier but now you all know.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:37 pm
Red Cap

Im not sure if Ill be able to make the game tonight. Today is the last day of the electrician course im taking and me and the guys are going out for a few beers after. So im not sure when Ill be home and what condition Ill be in when I do
I should be able to get the server up for you guys if you need, and Ill try to let you know before game time whether Ill be there or not, but if you dont hear from me assume I wont be there

-Andre

Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:51 am
Red Cap

well it seems i'll be catching the bus tomorrow.

nothing has been going as planned but i'll be here tonight.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:25 pm
Unkbartig

Have fun, Andre...don't drink *too* much!

My mic is working, at least for one on one conversations. We'll see how well it does for multiple conversations.
See all tonight

Mike

PS: Moriarty, if you're reading this... I need your char!

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:30 pm
Red Cap

Ok here's the deal. I'm pretty sure the server is up. I set it up this morning. If someone could try to connect a bit before the game to make sure everything is working it would be appreciated. If its not someone else will have to host maptool unless I'm home by then to restart it

-andre

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:36 pm
Lore Drake

spak_man wrote:
Ok here's the deal. I'm pretty sure the server is up. I set it up this morning. If someone could try to connect a bit before the game to make sure everything is working it would be appreciated. If its not someone else will have to host maptool unless I'm home by then to restart it

-andre

I could not connect to the server. Are you already drunk?
Given that we are only using it for a dice roller, we should be ok anyways, using dragonsfoot roller or whatever.

Homer Simpson

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:47 pm
Mogrl

Beers? BEERS?!? You chose BEERS over thwarting diabolical plans hatched by the most evil minds Victorian England has to offer? Your priorities are most definitely backwards sir!

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:57 pm
Red Cap

alright andre's server has timed out. since we're not loading any visuals, i'm pretty sure i can host. or anyone else for that matter.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next