RPG Video Games I am playing right now

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
dutch206
Red Cap

RPG Video Games I am playing right now

Post by dutch206 »

This is a thread to discuss what RPG video games you are playing at the moment.

dutch206
Red Cap

Post by dutch206 »

I just started playing "Aveyond: Lord of Twilight" yesterday, and it is a total time-sink. So far my favorite quest was "Find suntan lotion for a vampire".
The game play is good old-fashioned dungeon bashing. However, the graphics are kind of old-school.....as in Final Fantasy Tactics and King's Quest I. The game was released in 2009, so this was an intentional design decision by the game's maker. (I happen to be old enough to remember playing Lode Runner on the Apple II, so this is no big deal to me.)

You should know that this is a series of games. Some quests started in this game can't be completed until the second game (Aveyond II).

I give this game an enthusiastic thumbs up.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Wild Arms III, Breath of Fire III, Fable, and Legend of the Dragoon.

Yeah, mostly old Playstation games but I find I enjoy them because they have massive replay and good ideas.

Ogre
Hlobane Orc

Post by Ogre »

I am in the middle of Eye of the Beholder.

Everyone who likes computer RPG's needs to play Darklands at some point.

GameOgre
Ulthal

Post by GameOgre »

Diablo 2,Starcraft and Everquest when i have both the itch for mmo playing on dial up and the break in tabletop rpging.

Subscriber to Crusader Magazine!
http://www.cncsociety.org

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Finished Halo: Reach. I'm pretty sick of VGs right now. However, I am really eager to play Deux Ex: Human Revolution (Feb 2011).

~O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

narpet
Red Cap

Post by narpet »

I'm replaying Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura right now... really a great game, especially if you take your time and don't rush through it.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Q

Post by Tadhg »

dutch206 wrote:
I just started playing "Aveyond: Lord of Twilight" yesterday, and it is a total time-sink. So far my favorite quest was "Find suntan lotion for a vampire".
The game play is good old-fashioned dungeon bashing. However, the graphics are kind of old-school.....as in Final Fantasy Tactics and King's Quest I. The game was released in 2009, so this was an intentional design decision by the game's maker. (I happen to be old enough to remember playing Lode Runner on the Apple II, so this is no big deal to me.)

You should know that this is a series of games. Some quests started in this game can't be completed until the second game (Aveyond II).

I give this game an enthusiastic thumbs up.

This sounds very interesting to me . .a la, the "KQ & Load Runner" mentions.

Will research this, thanks.

Me, I'm just waiting for HL-2 Episode 3(not an RPG, but a great FPS)!!

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

The two I play with some frequency are:

1. Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited. Been a casual player for several years now. None of my toons are over 6th Level. (Sigh) but still fun to play. Looking forward to the Half-Elf and Half-Orc expansions coming out.

2. Blood Bowl. They'll be making a ultimate version for Christmas, should include all teams except for Chaos Dwarves. I was a little frustrated when I heard the news about the New Edition coming out as I just forked down about $25.00 for the Dark Elf Edition. But was able to get a friend of mine a new copy on Amazon for $5.00. So overall not a bad investment and I will likely get the Ultimate game when it comes out too. Play is really close to the Table Top game.

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

narpet wrote:
I'm replaying Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura right now... really a great game, especially if you take your time and don't rush through it.

I have to see if that game will work with Windows 7... Does anyone know?

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

narpet
Red Cap

Post by narpet »

moriarty777 wrote:
I have to see if that game will work with Windows 7... Does anyone know?

M

I'm playing it on win 7 right now. Works perfectly. I use the hi-res patch to up the resolution a bit... it gets some funny mouse problems at first, but fixes itself after a few minutes.

I have the full boxed verison, but I recently bought it from GOG so that I don't have to use the CDs... plus it comes fully patched.

So... in case some of you haven't been there... go to www.gog.com . They are the best site for legal, classic gaming. With their "re-launch" they've added some spectacular games to their already amazing line (Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate)... with more coming. And they are dirt cheap. You really can't beat GOG (Good Old Games).

Secret Skeleton
Ulthal

Post by Secret Skeleton »

Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light, Makaitoshi SaGa 2: Hihou Densetsu, Atelier Rorona, and Dragon Quest III (replay)

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

arcania gothic 4
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Divinity II

K2h2m3

Post by K2h2m3 »

Playing an MMO called Pirates of the Burning Sea. Interesting thing is I hate MMO's normally. If anybody here decides to give it a whirl and plays the pirate faction look up The Faithful Lions society.