TLG 8015 Castle Keepers Guide

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
Coleston the Cavalier
Unkbartig

Re: On the Anvil {04-23-09} TLG 8015 Castle Keepers Guide

Post by Coleston the Cavalier »

So, I ordered something BEFORE Treebore?
Well, surely not before Omote, right?

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Coleston, you are #1! A rock-star of C&C, in no doubt.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Coleston the Cavalier
Unkbartig

I don't know you people anymore! :)

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Historically I take a long time to buy C&C stuff. I just had a run on getting things at release because I went to Gen Con and Troll Con's. Plus I have yet to order the CKG for two reasons. I know I won't be using anything immediately, so I have time to wait, plus November and December my money is funneled towards buying Christmas gifts, because I do as much as possible cash only. Plus I also had to pay $1200, cash, to a lawyer to fight Skank of America's attempt to steal one of the house/lots of my farm on December 1st. Which is further hampered because I have yet to get my cash payments from the lawsuit on my house in SC that is supposed to be settled, but judging by the lack of money I would say it is not.

So enjoy it while you can, because I will hopefully be doing much better next month!
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I believe I'm #53. So I'm hoping to get mine shortly after they go to the presses.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

JediOre
Ulthal

Post by JediOre »

To the best of my knowledge, I'm number one on the "waiting list."

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong ;) )
In the words of my good friend Trevor, "Hey, put an arrow in that falling mummy! What could possibly happen?"

Ravenstar
Ungern

Post by Ravenstar »

Can't wait for this, I'm convinced I can recruit more C&C Gamers once this is out!
Drew? at Dragonsfoot
The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules - Gary Gygax
Last words are for fools who haven't said enough . . . .

Coleston the Cavalier
Unkbartig

Treebore wrote:Historically I take a long time to buy C&C stuff. I just had a run on getting things at release because I went to Gen Con and Troll Con's. Plus I have yet to order the CKG for two reasons. I know I won't be using anything immediately, so I have time to wait, plus November and December my money is funneled towards buying Christmas gifts, because I do as much as possible cash only. Plus I also had to pay $1200, cash, to a lawyer to fight Skank of America's attempt to steal one of the house/lots of my farm on December 1st. Which is further hampered because I have yet to get my cash payments from the lawsuit on my house in SC that is supposed to be settled, but judging by the lack of money I would say it is not.

So enjoy it while you can, because I will hopefully be doing much better next month!
Sorry, I wasn't looking for an explanation. I am sorry for your legal difficulties. You guys just seem to always have products way before anyone else.

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

Since the CKG is cropping up in the X-mas Sale, when can we expect to be able to buy it individually (i.e., when does it stop being a "pre-order" item)?

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Coleston the Cavalier wrote:
Treebore wrote:Historically I take a long time to buy C&C stuff. I just had a run on getting things at release because I went to Gen Con and Troll Con's. Plus I have yet to order the CKG for two reasons. I know I won't be using anything immediately, so I have time to wait, plus November and December my money is funneled towards buying Christmas gifts, because I do as much as possible cash only. Plus I also had to pay $1200, cash, to a lawyer to fight Skank of America's attempt to steal one of the house/lots of my farm on December 1st. Which is further hampered because I have yet to get my cash payments from the lawsuit on my house in SC that is supposed to be settled, but judging by the lack of money I would say it is not.

Sorry, I wasn't looking for an explanation. I am sorry for your legal difficulties. You guys just seem to always have products way before anyone else.

I know, which is the main reason why I explained how I have gotten stuff so soon. It isn't because the Trolls treat me like a king or anything, I was just at the right place at the right time to get stuff as soon as it as available.

Plus on the legal front the one lawsuit does appear to truly be over and the money is on its way to me.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I'm going to guess... after the pre-orders are shipped, general sale will begin. Probably late January?

GameOgre
Ulthal

Post by GameOgre »

Will a PDF be sold right away? Even if its a PDF comes with every Hardback you buy but the pdf you can get right away to read/use while you wait for the Hardback.

I have a feeling that there will not be a PDF right away but I love em dang it. Im getting a Kindle for X-mas!!

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Hey All,

As you know everyone here has been busting a hump to the CKG under the tree by Christmas. I finished up writing some 5 weeks ago and its been in the hands of Tim Burns and Christina Stiles since then. They've been busting a hump to get there end done. All the while Peter has been working on layout and drawing new pictures for it. As he finishes its gone to proofing for a final look over. On the other end, Mark and I have been hammering out the hardback printing process.

This last process has proven to be the most time consuming, not because we cannot do it but because we have to outsource a portion of the process. This puts us at the mercy of another manufacturers time schedule and the shipping. This was the true hinge that had to run as smooth as the wind through a screen door for us to pull off a pre-Christmas release.

Well I'm sad to report that the screen door has come unhinged. There were problems with the spine of the layout/size and we had to go back to step one yesterday. This has knocked us back a few days (due to shipping concerns) and we cannot make the hopped for ship date of Monday.

In some ways this is a good thing. This will give us a few more days to look over the text.

What I cannot say for certain is if the Digest sized CKG will ship next week or not. I will know that by Monday. Peter has one last piece of art to put in the book and should be done by tonight, first thing in the morning. Many of the chapters are already in final proofing and that will go on all weekend.

But, again, no hardback CKG by Christmas folks. I'm really sorry, I know you guys have waited a long time for this mother of all guides and we wanted this guy under the old Christmas tree.

Pre-orders should start shipping very soon after, hopefully on the 27th or there-abouts.

Thank you,
Steve

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Troll Lord wrote:But, again, no hardback CKG by Christmas folks.
That's it. No more Dr. Pepper for Steve! It's TAB all the way from now on. :twisted:
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Coleston the Cavalier
Unkbartig

Troll Lord wrote:...the Digest sized CKG...Steve
I get geek bumps just reading it. :mrgreen:

I for one, am ready to sing TLG's praises for finishing the CKG!!! What an epic task and a long journey that is coming to an end.

One more week (or two) is absolutely no problem at all.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Will the CKG be in a green cover?

anglefish
Unkbartig

Post by anglefish »

Troll Lord wrote:What I cannot say for certain is if the Digest sized CKG will ship next week or not. I will know that by Monday.
Needing some clarification. Is the digest CKG available for order outside of the Xmas sale? If so, how much?

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

anglefish wrote:
Troll Lord wrote:What I cannot say for certain is if the Digest sized CKG will ship next week or not. I will know that by Monday.
Needing some clarification. Is the digest CKG available for order outside of the Xmas sale? If so, how much?
Steve answered questions about the digests in another thread....
Troll Lord wrote:The digest books will be available on the website at regular price after Christmas, or thereabouts.

Their prices are as follows:

Players Handbook:$14.99
Monsters & Treasure: $9.99
Castle Keepers Guide: $24.99
Of Gods and Monsters: $11.99
Monsters & Treasure of Aihrde: $11.99

These totals might be different that the discounted rate on the store front.

GameOgre
Ulthal

Post by GameOgre »

Are there Hirelings and henchman rules in the ckg? Also did Steve ever talk on the PDF issue?

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

There are rules on NPCs and hirelings in the book. Chapter 4 I think. Its pretty long.

The pdf will eventually be available but not until retail shops have had a chance to sell it. So it will be in February time frame I should think.

Thanks!
Steve

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

Lub for da CKG finally getting rls

:D
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

garydee
Hlobane Orc

Post by garydee »

Any chance of seeing weapon speed returning in the CKG?

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Progress reported... apparently there shall be an Index. It has been submitted for layout.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

It's almost here people... this book is going to rock!

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Demiurge
Red Cap

Post by Demiurge »

I ordered mine today... hopefully not to late to get one from the first print run! :o
Find me on the Google+

My GM badges
ImageImageImageImage
Get yours here

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

Anyone know of any other place to pre-order this online in Canada? Straight from the TLG site would run me $30 US just for the shipping!

L.S.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Omote wrote:It's almost here people... this book is going to rock!

~O
You know it, brother!

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Currently turning over the couches, sofas, divans, recliners for coinage. I've also broken some piggy banks.

I'm up to $13.47

Hmm, where to get more cash?

Oohhh, I know . . Thursday nights at the 7 Eleven are dead slow . . . Hehe, I'll be right back, oh, I need a pint of the good stuff.

[Damn, where's that snub nose when I need it ~ oh yeah, in my leather jacket inside pocket]

Be back, shortly! :o
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

DeadReborn
Ulthal

Post by DeadReborn »

Let me know if you need a get-away driver Rhu, I could use a little extra cash myself. :)
"My simple card trick has turned you into an ice cream cone!
Which means...I AM A LEVEL TEN WIZARD!"-SpongeBob SquarePants

AslanC
Ulthal

Post by AslanC »

Sorry if this has been answered already but will this be available as pdf?