Castle Keepers Guide UPDATE

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Castle Keepers Guide UPDATE

Post by Troll Lord »

Greetings All,

Its been an insane last week. I even had to call Mark in from his Christmas break to work a bit.

Steve: "Mark, what are you doing?
Mark: "Sleeping."
Steve: "Well that sounds kinda boring. Want to come in the shop for a bit."
Mark: "Sure." *#@*&)*!_+)(@&*!)& Troll Lord.

:cry:

So the first batch of CKGs, digest versions, have shipped. I'm glad they are arriving in quick order and we look forward to your responses.

Here is where we stand on the CKG:

As you know we own our own print shop and bindery. The bindery is a very new edition and not 100% operational for hardback books. That which we cannot do, we outsource to a company in Georgia. We did this for the M&T of Aihrde hardback and the Gods & Monsters. It proved to be a complete disaster, the time lag is huge, the aims not clear, and problems quickly mounted. So during the week before Christmas we invested in a further expansion of the bindery and have purchased the necessary equipment to bring this about...or rather in typical Troll fashion, we purchased the necessary components to make this happen, and we'll assemble it ourselves. I finalized the deal today (December 28, 2010) and the equipment is ready to ship...of course Europe (where it is manufactured) and the Northern part of the States (where it ships to first) is blanketed in a blizzard of epic proportions.

So, what does this mean? It means that the CKG hardcover, the one everyone has pre-ordered is still another week or two out. That's bad news for all those who want to see it, but good news for all those who have it and can locate any last minute editorial mistakes that our editors and myself may have missed.

Please put all editorial mistakes here in this thread. I will check daily and enter the texts into the original document so that when the final goes to press for the release, we can get it as close to perfect as possible.

Thank you for your continued patience.
Steve

post script: The digest version is available for sale, as are all the digest versions, in our online store.

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Re: Castle Keepers Guide UPDATE

Post by gideon_thorne »

Thought I'd pop in to comment on some editorial stuff, or at least one item I've read already on page 18. 5th paragraph down, line 3, it says "normal sped at no penalty"...I think it's supposed to be "normal speed at no penalty"

Some quirky items on page 34 with the Longleaf Halfling Attribute Modifiers. They have a +1 Dexterity +1, and nothing after that. I'm under the idea that they only get a +1 Dex?

Similar thing occurs under the Orc's readout with their Attribute modifiers except this time it's a -1 Dexterity -1.
Ported over from Greylords thread.
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

p 4 "If you find fault with this tome, or it fails in any way, the blame lies squarely on the sahoulders of Davis Cheanult..."

Unless, of course, you made him change his name.

p 7 "the Castle Keeper's Guide is a book that present the C&C player..."

presents
Ah room zoom zoom, ah room zoom zoom. gilly gilly gilly gilly, gilly ah sa sa. Come through the magic door with me and see the things you never dreamed you'll see.

Dragonhelm
Red Cap

Post by Dragonhelm »

Is there a PDF version available?

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Dragonhelm wrote:Is there a PDF version available?
We have no release date for the pdf yet. We usually give retail shops a chance to sell through and restock the book before I release it in pdf. This may change as circumstances dictate and I'll post in the Tusk and here when we come to that decision.

Thanks!
Steve

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

Troll Lord wrote:
Dragonhelm wrote:Is there a PDF version available?
We have no release date for the pdf yet. We usually give retail shops a chance to sell through and restock the book before I release it in pdf. This may change as circumstances dictate and I'll post in the Tusk and here when we come to that decision.

Thanks!
Steve
Steve. Did you see my thread about the CKG in CANADA? If not, please check it out, thanks.

Rob.

Demiurge
Red Cap

Post by Demiurge »

Troll Lord wrote:We have no release date for the pdf yet. We usually give retail shops a chance to sell through and restock the book before I release it in pdf. This may change as circumstances dictate and I'll post in the Tusk and here when we come to that decision.
If you want to send .pdf's to those of us who have pre-ordered the hard cover version we'd be glad to help with the errata hunt. :D
Find me on the Google+

My GM badges
ImageImageImageImage
Get yours here

Sir Osis of Liver
Unkbartig

Post by Sir Osis of Liver »

Demiurge wrote:
Troll Lord wrote:We have no release date for the pdf yet. We usually give retail shops a chance to sell through and restock the book before I release it in pdf. This may change as circumstances dictate and I'll post in the Tusk and here when we come to that decision.
If you want to send .pdf's to those of us who have pre-ordered the hard cover version we'd be glad to help with the errata hunt. :D
I'll drink to that! Heck, I'd even bring a case of Dr. Pepper to GaryCon just for Steve for that one!

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

Someone at Grognardia mentioned that there is some error/typo in the Table of Contents.

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Frost wrote:Someone at Grognardia mentioned that there is some error/typo in the Table of Contents.
Well, I don't go there, and I don't think Davis or Steve have heard of it, so perhaps someone could port that info over here? :)
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

gideon_thorne wrote:
Frost wrote:Someone at Grognardia mentioned that there is some error/typo in the Table of Contents.
Well, I don't go there, and I don't think Davis or Steve have heard of it, so perhaps someone could port that info over here? :)
The person mentioning the typo doesn't say anything about it other than that there is a typo in the table of contents.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

garydee
Hlobane Orc

Post by garydee »

I found the typo. Look at Attributes Expanded. Attribute only has one "t" on that line.

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

garydee wrote:I found the typo. Look at Attributes Expanded. Attribute only has one "t" on that line.
Ah ha! Opps. Don't worry. The Pappa Troll Daddy is on the job. :)

garydee
Hlobane Orc

Post by garydee »

I should have said to add in an extra "t" and eliminate an extra "r" :)

garydee
Hlobane Orc

Post by garydee »

Under Non-Player Characters

One of the headings under it says "Creature". It should probably say "Creatures".

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

Demiurge wrote:
NOW yer talkin'!
:D
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

GreyLord
Hlobane Orc

Post by GreyLord »

On page 2, in the table of contents, I believe it states at the heading Attributes Expanded

It's written Atrributes expanded instead of Attributes Expanded.

Edit: Ah, I see someone already mentioned it

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Demiurge wrote:
As my 3 year old neice would say, "Oh yes."

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

So I understand the hardback is a couple weeks out from the TLG store front. Any clue on when it hits Amazon? (I have a gift card ;)).

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Wondering if Steve or someone could pop in and give us an update on equipment news? I know the weather on the east coast has been fairly quiet for the last couple of days. Hell, it's going to be above freezing for the next 2 days.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Frost wrote:So I understand the hardback is a couple weeks out from the TLG store front. Any clue on when it hits Amazon? (I have a gift card ;)).
Amazon has put in its initial order. After we ship pre-orders we'll ship to retail shops and amazon and other vendors who have in orders, then off to distributors. Unlike traditional print jobs however we are not going to wait until several thousands are printed. They will ship as they come off press.

Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Rigon wrote:Wondering if Steve or someone could pop in and give us an update on equipment news? I know the weather on the east coast has been fairly quiet for the last couple of days. Hell, it's going to be above freezing for the next 2 days.

R-
The equipment we ordered has to ship from Europe first, then to the east coast and then to Florida; processed out and then to us. Its all by Air so its not as bad as it sounds. I'm told next week it should begin its arduous journey. We are making space for it now. Where I don't know, Mark's printing computer is already balanced on a half shelf behind the cutter (with no chair mind you :lol: ). And now we have to make ALOT of room. Its going to be fun.

But I should have a good idea on Monday.

Steve

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Thanks hoss. Appriciate the info. Still need that CKG though. ;)

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

brotherdew
Ungern

Post by brotherdew »

If you guys need any help let me know. I could possibly come up on a Saturday. I would love to get a look at your print shop and lend a helping hand.
Bandits DON'T use train tickets.

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

YOu have no idea what you're volunteering for, Dewayne :lol:
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

brotherdew
Ungern

Post by brotherdew »

Hey, they won't let me play with the press at the office and I would love to get my hands on one. :twisted:
Bandits DON'T use train tickets.

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

Troll Lord wrote:
Frost wrote:So I understand the hardback is a couple weeks out from the TLG store front. Any clue on when it hits Amazon? (I have a gift card ;)).
Amazon has put in its initial order. After we ship pre-orders we'll ship to retail shops and amazon and other vendors who have in orders, then off to distributors. Unlike traditional print jobs however we are not going to wait until several thousands are printed. They will ship as they come off press.

Steve
Is it up on their site yet Steve? I searched .ca and .com and only get the posting from 2007:

http://www.amazon.com/Castles-Crusades- ... 683&sr=8-1

If so, pop a link up eh... Even if its just the preorder.

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

You'll note I had to defend the CKG a bit in the Amazon review. Some guy just didn't get the fact that the CKG is not needed to play.

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

Indeed, Frost.

SHIPPING YET? :D :D ;D
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

Errata for CKG:

Page 207. Table 13.1 Primative Firearms

Black Powder Grenades, Smoothbore Canon (including Solid Shot, Exploding Shell, Spherical Case, Canister) and Smoothbore Mortar. These items do not appear in the Table 13.1 nor anywhere else.
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria