Google map for C&C and a poll

All the TLG News in all the formats!

Would you like to see a map (google, etc.) listing for players of C&C?

Yes
96%
No
4%

Total votes: 28

timburns
Ulthal

Google map for C&C and a poll

Post by timburns »

Hey all...

We are thinking of doing something that was suggested by a forum member (Terry, aka Demiurge). Actually we are thinking of taking their idea and expanding on it a bit. It was suggested to us that everyone might find it useful/fun to have a google (or some type) map showing where forum members are. You can do that now, sort of, by looking at the listings under ppls names on the forums, but this would be in a map setting. And we thought it might be interesting to expand on that idea, to maybe include all C&C players and those that might want to play C&C but have no idea people around them are playing, sort of a gamers seeking gamers part of it.

Please note that this would be strictly optional; you do not have to be a part of this map if you don't want. It would be only an opt in deal for those that are interested.

Would anyone be interested in something like this? Would you find it a good tool for finding players, talking to players, seeing where people are and maybe that would help get more games going? We've had some great growth spurts over the past months and have seen an increase in forum use and society membership and met lots of people at Cons who love playing the game but then go home and have no one to play C&C with.

So please answer the poll if you are so inclined, and feel free to leave comments, thoughts, suggestions in this thread too. All comments are welcome as we decide whether this will work or not. Thanks! Tim

P.S. I'll post this over in Open Discussion too, but please spread the word; a better sample size will give us a better idea. Tim

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Re: Google map for C&C and a poll

Post by AGNKim »

This is such a good idea that Serleran should even support it. :)

CKDad
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Post by CKDad »

Tim - there's also a number of gamer directory sites around that you might want to provide links to, such as http://nearbygamers.com/. It might be worthwhile to collect these together in one spot for easy reference.
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."

timburns
Ulthal

Post by timburns »

@CKDad, great idea, thanks!

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

Sure, I'm in.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

In Like Flint.
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Deogolf
Lore Drake

Post by Deogolf »

Rhuvein wrote:In Like Flint.
Fireforge?! ;)

Voted! Sounds like a cool idea.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

While I would personally have very little use for it, I can see it being a decent marketing tool... like knowing what regions have a strong C&C fan base and then attending cons in that area, if possible. And, knowing where it is light gives one an idea of where to spread the lovings.

So, on those merits, I'd say "sure."

Coleston the Cavalier
Unkbartig

Post by Coleston the Cavalier »

But what about those of us who are wanted in five or more states?

timburns
Ulthal

Post by timburns »

@Coleston: LOL, you will just have to lay low from the law! :-) Remember it's gonna be a strictly opt in kind of deal, so if you don't want to participate you don't have to.