On the Anvil: TLG 8951 C&C Basic Game

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
Lucifer_Draconus
Hlobane Orc

Post by Lucifer_Draconus »

GreyLord wrote:
Getting it into Toys R US would be a MAJOR big thing that I think would be GREAT for the Trolls if they could pull it off.

Toys R' Us is a must! It's where I found my first Forgotten Realms boxset & several D&D boxs as well.

One the art subject where is this heading stylewise? I know alot of the posters here (& many of the clone RPGs) are old school & hate anything to do with cartoony or Manga/Anime styled art (of which I don't understand at all). If it's going to be kid oriented will it be in a more child friendly cartoony or Manga style? I know Manga & anime styles are popular at the moment with all the anime & asian mmos that are popular & even targetted to kids. Just curious.

RIP Gary Gygax you will be missed.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I once asked a regional manager from T 'R U about why they had stopped or were disinterested in the RPG market, seeing as they were clearly games, and they responded that the 80s had effectively killed them in certain markets and that it was corporate policy to carry specific types of products, of which the RPG was not. So, it seems, the heyday of getting into that retail market are long gone thanks to idiots.

GreyLord
Hlobane Orc

Post by GreyLord »

serleran wrote:
I once asked a regional manager from T 'R U about why they had stopped or were disinterested in the RPG market, seeing as they were clearly games, and they responded that the 80s had effectively killed them in certain markets and that it was corporate policy to carry specific types of products, of which the RPG was not. So, it seems, the heyday of getting into that retail market are long gone thanks to idiots.

It would be a recent change over the past few years then. Toys R US carried the Basic 3.5 D&D set (black dragon) when it was released. Maybe it was the way they marketed it or their pull with Toys R US.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Re: On the Anvil {10-02-07}TLG 8951 C&C Basic Game

Post by Troll Lord »

We will be reviewing the Basic set in the weeks after Gary Con to see where we left off and when this puppy might come out.

Steve

GreyLord
Hlobane Orc

Re: On the Anvil: TLG 8951 C&C Basic Game

Post by GreyLord »

Sounds good.

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

Seems like this has been getting some press:

Purple Pawn

IVc2

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Post by AGNKim »

I feel bad for Todd. His last name isn't Tripp. :)

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

An intro box set for the prince point of $15.00 bones would be nice in a couple of areas. One, it would in fact be a rules-lite, introductory game (as all information seems to point to). Also, this is a great support item for the C&C game. Such a thing can be given out as convention prizes, bundled with support material for the "C&C Intro Set," or used extensively for demo purposes.

Many possibilities here.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

northtroll
Henchman

Post by northtroll »

I'm certainly interested in this product as my 5 year old daughter likes to play with plastic minis and dice. We play a really simple dungeon delving game, and she really likes it. Can't wit for this product.

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Post by finarvyn »

Is there a release date for this, or did I miss it already? (Sometimes it's hard to keep track.) I've got some young gamers I'd like to start off with their own Basic sets. :-)
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

I haven't heard of a pending release date, finarvyn. Ill help you beat Steve into answering at gen con if you are there.
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan