New to Aihrde, couple of questions

The Worlds of Aihrde (Erde), Inzae, their history, game play and more.
CosmicCowboy
Skobbit

New to Aihrde, couple of questions

Post by CosmicCowboy »

Howdy. New to the site and have a couple of questions.

Bit of background: Been running various games over the past few years, trying to find a system that clicked for the group. I've had C&C for a while, but held off on running it, because I really hate Vancian magic and couldn't be bothered to tack on my own replacement system. Well, CKG solves that problem, so I'm looking to adapt the Warhammer fantasy campaign I was running over to C&C. I picked up the Codex of Erde a month or so back when it was on sale (OK, hindsight, this might have been a pricing error on the site) and really love the setting and the way it's presented, so I intend to alter what we've had going to fit in to Aihrde.

As our game was set in a border outpost near Sylvania, it seems perfect to me to transplant that outpost in to The Wilds, and make it an establishment of Kayomar. An substitute Sienna for Sylvania. Our priest of Morr is now a Cleric of Toth, so no problems there. However, we've got a duelist from Estallia, the Warhammer equivalent of Spain, which I'm having a hard time placing in Aihrde. It seems like Sienna or Maine might be the closest fits. Any suggestions on that?

Second question...I recently picked up the Yggsburgh setting, and am thinking of dropping that in as the stand in for Altdorf. Is Yggsburgh in the Rings of Brass setting? If not, I'll probably drop it in to Kayomar.

Last question....how useful would Of Gods and Monsters be, do you think? The write ups in the Codex are pretty good, and I have After Winters Dark on the way, so I think that gives me lots of information to work with, but wouldn't mind some input from someone that has the book.

Thanks!

edit: Just found the answer to the Yggsburg question. Time to start looking for a place to weld it in.

CosmicCowboy
Skobbit

Re: New to Aihrde, couple of questions

Post by CosmicCowboy »

No ideas? :(

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

Hey bro, I've never run a game in Aihrde, so grain of salt. OG&M is not needed if you have AWD folio, but has some different Cleric granted powers if you want another take on it. Yggsburgh: put it in wherever you want. It wasnt initially intended for Rings of Brass since it's a bit of a Greyhawk area analogue.
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

CosmicCowboy
Skobbit

Post by CosmicCowboy »

Gracias! After I got AWD, some placed for Yggsburgh started to look promising. I'll hold off on OG&M, as AWD has some neat things for clerics in it.

Now just need to find the Estallia equivalent.