On the Anvil: TLG 8505 Halls of Adventure

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

On the Anvil: TLG 8505 Halls of Adventure

Post by Troll Lord »

TLG 8505 Halls of Adventure
Accessory, Adventure Settings, Perfect Bound, ISBN 978-1-929474-27-1

Open the gates of your imagination with Halls of Adventure. This wonderful resource brings together 2 of our best writers, Mike Stewart and Casey Cannfield, who together have assembled a mountain of adventure locations and lairs. With scores of easily adapted areas of interest covered Halls of Adventure brings you material you can use over and over again.

Each location or lair includes a discussion of its role in the world or setting and a fully detailed sample location with floor-plan or map, as well as several separate adventure hooks, new monster, spells, and items. Halls of Adventure is a resource for CKs who want to bring more life to the adventurous places in their campaign. Designed for easy incorporation into any campaign milieu Halls of Adventure is the everyman’s tool book. Complete with maps and templates this volume provides the creative mind with inspirational material for limitless dungeon, castle and city designs.

Whether you are designing a game, creating a game world, mapping out an adventure or running a mad dash pick up game Halls of Adventure gives you the tools you need to quickly create any number of different encounter areas, locations, and lairs. With a clear focus on quick and easy information for the Castle Keeper Halls of Adventure is a necessary addition to your game’s table. With its focus on light mechanics the encounter areas present an easily adaptable location for the CK.

Demiurge
Red Cap

Re: On the Anvil: TLG 8505 Halls of Adventure

Post by Demiurge »

It sounds like "Halls of Adventure" will be to C&C what the "Book of Lairs" was to D&D. Count me in!
Find me on the Google+

My GM badges
ImageImageImageImage
Get yours here

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

This. I'm all about adaptible adventure encounters. Gonna leap all over this when it's out.
- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

So sad that there is not the hardback version being released anymore. *frowney face*

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

maasenstodt
Hlobane Orc

Post by maasenstodt »

I'm looking forward to this regardless, but a hardcover version would be a must buy.

Fiffergrund
Lore Drake

Post by Fiffergrund »

Yes, this is finally happening. I'll be scanning the first bunch of maps to submit with my locations shortly. :)
Marshal Fiffergrund, Knight-Errant of the Castle and Crusade Society

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Fiffergrund wrote:Yes, this is finally happening. I'll be scanning the first bunch of maps to submit with my locations shortly. :)
Can't wait to get them! I'm looking around for that original cover piece, but sadly it seems to have wandered off somewhere.

Steve

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I once, way back in the secrets of the pre-Zagyg developments (just as an idea as to how long ago this was), envisioned a product that went A-Z through M&T with 3-4 encounter ideas for each critter presented. I hope this goes somewhere along those lines and showcases the beasts in ways most may not even consider.

maasenstodt
Hlobane Orc

Post by maasenstodt »

serleran wrote:I once, way back in the secrets of the pre-Zagyg developments (just as an idea as to how long ago this was), envisioned a product that went A-Z through M&T with 3-4 encounter ideas for each critter presented. I hope this goes somewhere along those lines and showcases the beasts in ways most may not even consider.
That sounds cool. Not unlike what Frog God Games is doing with the new Tome of Horrors. I'd love to see your idea find purchase. ;)

ssfsx17
Unkbartig

Post by ssfsx17 »

Will this be a box, like Towers of Adventure, or just a book?
C&C/D&D-related writings, Cortex Classic material, and other scraps: https://sites.google.com/site/x17rpgstuff/home

Class-less D&D: https://github.com/ssfsx17/skill20