A treatise on bloodymage's recent activities...

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
bloodymage
Hlobane Orc

A treatise on bloodymage's recent activities...

Post by bloodymage »

I don't get over here a lot because I have too many bookmarks, too much gaming crap and too many plans to grace these boards with my august presence. ;) Anyway, I've just put the finishing touches on my C&C adventure for GaryCon, now all I need to do is come up with the map. I've manged my other maps for GaryCon with CC3, but a city is turning out to be quite difficult, just like anything on this accursed machine is. Do I abandon hope and chuck the instrument? No. I imagine my map of Allis will be done with Hexographer.

However, that's just the tip of the iceberg. I think I've mentioned that I've resurrected The Reliquary. It's a bit on autopilot right now, but I think it's pretty impressive with what's been done with it. It's meant as a free resource for gamers and as a place they can show off their stuff with submissions. A couple of links from that site point to my gaming forum, The Tilting Field meant to be an integral part of The Reliquary, but instead occupying its own discrete presence on the web. It's meant as a pbp site with chat functionality. I recently had to reinstall the chat because my account had been deleted due to inactivity. If there's enough participatory traffic to the site, gamers playing games and using the chat room, I'd be willing to pop for the premium features.

I'm also launching a publishing and gamers' supply company Polyhedron Games LLC. Now, before you Trolls get your knickers in a wad over advertising, I want to first point out that I've provided a link on the site to your store front. Secondly, it's a start-up funded by a brain-dead 100% service-connected disabled vet with funds from a fixed income. Finally, creating a magnus opus with one arthritic finger isn't going to turn me into a powerhouse in the industry! I am looking for talented people to come on board with me to experience the excitement of contributing to the industry and that's part of the reason for this post.

My final big web presence and ambitious plan is Polyhedracon, a proposed gaming con in Arizona, my own little corner of hell on earth! I've done a lot of work on the site, just as I have the others and it's getting there. Trouble is, I'm trying to do too much with too little, too little of everything except the stubbornness I inherited from my Arkie father. Me working on these sites is a lot like pulling teeth, except I never went to dental school! My life since Con Quest '06 has been a walk through hell and I'm still not recovered. I've had insane family issues and old age simply slapped me upside the head and my bell is still ringing!

My favorite forum haunts are here, Dragonsfoot and KenzerCo. I've posted fairly extensively of my ambitions and problems in both places, but I've been pretty silent here. I really have trouble thinking these days because the VA pumped me full of narcotics. I'm off them, but I'm told it will take over a year to recover. There's also some religious nut playing his damned music 24 hours a day and that really gets on my nerves. It's been six years since I've worked and writing and gaming is all I know and even that is tough. I'm choking down rules that just won't stick any more. Well, any way, I didn't come here to cry. I need brains. I need creativity. I could use a donation here or there or possibly, investment (this is not a plea for money, just saying I wouldn't turn it down!). I have a web assistant helping me with the sites and she's much more capable than I, but it's her business and I'm not her only client. I need people with web savvy.

Please, check out the sites and if there's anything anyone can help with, do step forward.

:oops:

And btw, I do try to contribute here, but I'm just in too many places at once. However, there are a couple of refinements I've made to a couple of monsters. I'll post them for your edification. 8-)

Geleg
Ulthal

Re: A treatise on bloodymage's recent activities...

Post by Geleg »

thanks for the updates, BloodyMage. I wish you well in your many endeavors!
My C&C campaign journal: Hard Times in Narsileon http://www.trolllord.com/forums/viewtop ... 22&t=11032
My OSRIC/1e campaign journal: Expedition to Arden Vul http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewt ... 26&t=59080

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

bloodymage wrote:I don't get over here a lot because I have too many bookmarks, too much gaming crap and too many plans to grace these boards with my august presence. ;) Anyway, I've just put the finishing touches on my C&C adventure for GaryCon, now all I need to do is come up with the map. I've manged my other maps for GaryCon with CC3, but a city is turning out to be quite difficult, just like anything on this accursed machine is. Do I abandon hope and chuck the instrument? No. I imagine my map of Allis will be done with Hexographer.

However, that's just the tip of the iceberg. I think I've mentioned that I've resurrected The Reliquary. It's a bit on autopilot right now, but I think it's pretty impressive with what's been done with it. It's meant as a free resource for gamers and as a place they can show off their stuff with submissions. A couple of links from that site point to my gaming forum, The Tilting Field meant to be an integral part of The Reliquary, but instead occupying its own discrete presence on the web. It's meant as a pbp site with chat functionality. I recently had to reinstall the chat because my account had been deleted due to inactivity. If there's enough participatory traffic to the site, gamers playing games and using the chat room, I'd be willing to pop for the premium features.

I'm also launching a publishing and gamers' supply company Polyhedron Games LLC. Now, before you Trolls get your knickers in a wad over advertising, I want to first point out that I've provided a link on the site to your store front. Secondly, it's a start-up funded by a brain-dead !00% service-connected disabled vet with funds from a fixed income. Finally, creating a magnus opus with one arthritic finger isn't going to turn me into a powerhouse in the industry! I am looking for talented people to come on board with me to experience the excitement of contributing to the industry and that's part of the reason for this post.

My final big web presence and ambitious plan is Polyhedracon, a proposed gaming con in Arizona, my own little corner of hell on earth! I've done a lot of work on the site, just as I have the others and it's getting there. Trouble is, I'm trying to do too much with too little, too little of everything except the stubbornness I inherited from my Arkie father. Me working on these sites is a lot like pulling teeth, except I never went to dental school! My life since Con Quest '06 has been a walk through hell and I'm still not recovered. I've had insane family issues and old age simply slapped me upside the head and my bell is still ringing!

My favorite forum haunts are here, Dragonsfoot and KenzerCo. I've posted fairly extensively of my ambitions and problems in both places, but I've been pretty silent here. I really have trouble thinking these days because the VA pumped me full of narcotics. I'm off them, but I'm told it will take over a year to recover. There's also some religious nut playing his damned music 24 hours a day and that really gets on my nerves. It's been six years since I've worked and writing and gaming is all I know and even that is tough. I'm choking down rules that just won't stick any more. Well, any way, I didn't come here to cry. I need brains. I need creativity. I could use a donation here or there or possibly, investment (this is not a plea for money, just saying I wouldn't turn it down!). I have a web assistant helping me with the sites and she's much more capable than I, but it's her business and I'm not her only client. I need people with web savvy.

Please, check out the sites and if there's anything anyone can help with, do step forward.

:oops:

And btw, I do try to contribute here, but I'm just in too many places at once. However, there are a couple of refinements I've made to a couple of monsters. I'll post them for your edification. 8-)
My knickers, Sir, are always in a wad!

But despite that you are welcome to advertise here anytime.

Trollzah!

Steve

bloodymage
Hlobane Orc

Post by bloodymage »

Thank you, kind sir!

I can be reached via e-mail on any of my sites, except the Tilting Field, on which only PMs may be utilized.

bloodymage
Hlobane Orc

Post by bloodymage »

I gotta toot my horn, but it's tiny steps. My first two products are at RPGNow, Train is also available at Polyhedron Games LLC. A Day should be available there by the end of the week.

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

SWEET!
Congrats, Bloodymage!!!
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

bloodymage
Hlobane Orc

Post by bloodymage »

I've decided to make my simple rules system generally available. You can grab the preliminary playtest version at RPGNow or in the Upcoming Products section of my website for free. I need playtest evaluators.

Rikitiki
Red Cap

Post by Rikitiki »

Bloodymage, the KISS rules look great -- was just over at yer site checkin' them out. Nice work!

bloodymage
Hlobane Orc

Post by bloodymage »

Thanks. I could use a decent review on RPGNow. It seems they're not as simple as I thought at least to a couple of people. Gonna have to do a rewrite anyway, but some good strokes would be appreciated.

Rikitiki
Red Cap

Post by Rikitiki »

I'll see what I can do -- unfortunately, at home I'm on dial-up and
RPGnow is slow to load; here at work the security software won't
allow me to go there. :(

bloodymage
Hlobane Orc

Post by bloodymage »

Fundraising is active on Indiegogo for Polyhedracon d4-3, scheduled for May 22-25 at the Prescott Resort.