GaryCon IV

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

GaryCon IV

Post by Go0gleplex »

Yeah...I know it's early, very early, but it's confirmed that the wife and I will be at GaryCon IV the entire weekend. And we are stoked!

Be fun to finally meet folks in person after all the yakking in the chatroom and here. This is gonna be so cool.

:mrgreen:
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Storycrafter
Mist Elf

Re: GaryCon IV

Post by Storycrafter »

Looking forward to meeting you, if possible. My wife and I will also be attending this one again, since it's in our back yard.

CKDad
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Post by CKDad »

Just obtained clearance from the household CEO for this myself! Time to start making arrangements.
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

I am coming for the first time this year, and plan to run a couple games. I look forward to seeing you guys there. Good times await.

magick3six
Ungern

Post by magick3six »

Gonna try to make it again this year. Last year was a blast. I know the boy and Wife want to go again. Depending on schedules and treasure, will be there with the family again.

CKDad

Post by CKDad »

Starting to make my arrangements but I see the con website is currently down. Is the con in a hotel? If not, can anyone recommend a hotel to stay in?
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

CKDad wrote:Starting to make my arrangements but I see the con website is currently down. Is the con in a hotel? If not, can anyone recommend a hotel to stay in?
The con is indeed in a hotel. The Lodge at Geneva Ridge.

The website is down due to some new page formatting being done and the new con registration page being uploaded and what not. Stay tuned. ;)

CKDad

Post by CKDad »

Thanks for the info, sir. I'd seen on recent visits that they had some big changes coming, so not especially surprised it's down while being worked on.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

The badge registration is now open. Sort of a downer though since you can only purchase one badge per account. Thus if you and the wife are attending, you both need a garycon account.

CKDad

Post by CKDad »

Someone on the forums mentioned something about a sub-account - you might want to look into that.

Storycrafter
Mist Elf

Post by Storycrafter »

Anyone else planning on running any C&C events? I'm planning on running at least one, or quite possibly a module spread over 2 or 3 sessions.

MattyHelms
Ungern

Post by MattyHelms »

I may run something simple. I'm planning on driving in each day, so I'm not committing to anything yet.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

I might run a pick-up game or two depending on how much energy I have at the time. Mostly I'm going to game and meet forum buddies though.

CKDad

Post by CKDad »

I believe John "Sir Seskis" Wright is planning to run a game or two. I may run a pick-up game myself. The one thing I've committed to run is a session of the classic TSR boardgame "Divine Right".

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

GaryCon and TrollCon were always tempting, but I had too many conventions on my plate then. Plus, it was farther away. As it stands, my other conventions have fallen on the weekends I have my kids. Short of a small comic convention in Southeast Missouri(depending upon the dates), it's going to be a con-free year for me. You guys enjoy. Sounds like there's classic gaming galore at GaryCon. Somebody play some Circus Maximus for me. :)

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

I will be there this year gents! And I can be talked into running a game or three. See you there!

magick3six
Ungern

Post by magick3six »

Turns out the Florida Crew will be present again this year. Last year was a total blast, looking forward to this one. See y'all there.

Melf
Ungern

Post by Melf »

For all of you C&C fans, the head Troll himself has an event that will be up for pre-registration soon (the second and last prereg event roll-out). Steve's games are always epic romps and highly sought out. So make sure to check the Gary Con website for updates.

See you are Gary Con IV in about 40 days or so!

Luke

Sir Osis of Liver
Unkbartig

Post by Sir Osis of Liver »

I'm looking at running a pick-up game as well.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Less than a month to go. :) WooT! 8-) 8-) 8-)

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Well, due to "daughter in college" I won't be attending this year. In fact I won't won't be attending anything for some time! :shock:

But it's all good. I'm thankful for the opportunity to have been to the LGGC a couple of times and the last 4 GCs.

You guys will have a blast! Enjoy and report back if you will!

:)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

In addition to running some C&C games, I will now be running a Walking Dead game based on AMC's awesome series, using the Savage Worlds system. I wasn't sure I was going this year, so these events are all in the open gaming area. PM me if you are interested in playing in any of the games. See ya there!

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Other than general admission, are tickets required for games at GaryCon?

magick3six
Ungern

Post by magick3six »

Nope. But this year they added points to your account when you register, and those are used to sign up for games. Last year, even though sign-ups happened, there were always tables with their signs turned to "accepting players" so there was never a hurt for a game to play. This goes for 'official' and pickup games all over the place. And of course Steve's 20+ game was awesome, hopefully that happens again this year...hint hint Mr Lord of Trolls.

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

By my count we're looking at the following from here being there - myself, Piper, Tylermo, Sir Osis, Morty, Mabon, GoOgleplex, studio3six, CKDad, Bloodymage - missing anyone? I scheduled my two C&C events early on Fri. and Sat. and they're full, I'm in bloodymage's game Sunday but my wife will have to cut out early so if anyone is staying around that late they can have her ticket. Sir O, Piper, and I have all talked about pick-up games, and looks like Tyler is going to run one in Steve's stead. There's another person running C&C too, Mark Martin, who's game I have a ticket too as well but if he is on the boards here I don't know his handle.

We'll definitely aim for some sort of get-together one night for drinkage and libations!
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

My games are probably better suited to newbies. Definitely nowhere near Stephen or Todd's calibre.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Yeah, the wife and I will be there from Wed evening until Monday morning. I'm more than game for sittin in on some pick-up action though I sound like crap right now. Lingering effects of the weekend before last's cold.

Definitely up for some get together too, but I won't go to a bar or what. (due to a promise I've kept for almost 40 yrs, not because I'm THAT unsociable. ;) )

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

Go0gleplex wrote:Yeah, the wife and I will be there from Wed evening until Monday morning. I'm more than game for sittin in on some pick-up action though I sound like crap right now. Lingering effects of the weekend before last's cold.

Definitely up for some get together too, but I won't go to a bar or what. (due to a promise I've kept for almost 40 yrs, not because I'm THAT unsociable. ;) )
No worries - dinner or lunch will offer the chance! :)
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Have games been pre-reg'd for online already? My group isn't arriving until Friday. My duties as booth babe will keep me from signing up(circus maximus, met alpha, and a few others were tempting)but the others will have some time.

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

tylermo wrote:Have games been pre-reg'd for online already? My group isn't arriving until Friday. My duties as booth babe will keep me from signing up(circus maximus, met alpha, and a few others were tempting)but the others will have some time.
The "announced" C&C games are mostly filled - I have only one open seat out of 12 for the Fri. morning one, but there will be lots of open gaming and pick-up games. I am betting Eric and Sir Osis might run a good one, and outside of C&C there should be a ton of different games going on with open seating.
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara