GaryCon IV

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
CKDad
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Re: GaryCon IV

Post by CKDad »

Have to look at my schedule but I likely have some windows for pick-up gaming. In fact, I was just thinking about a one-shot on the drive in today...

Still two seats for the Divine Right game I'm running on Friday at noon, BTW.
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."

magick3six
Ungern

Post by magick3six »

I'm only signed up for 1 game. It's all about the open gaming, pick-up style. Wife also. Son is in 2, but he's usually in the board game area anyway. I need a DNA test on that boy some day.

Scott

Storycrafter
Mist Elf

Post by Storycrafter »

seskis281 wrote:There's another person running C&C too, Mark Martin, who's game I have a ticket too as well but if he is on the boards here I don't know his handle.
Tis I.
seskis281 wrote:We'll definitely aim for some sort of get-together one night for drinkage and libations!
My wife and I look forward to meeting more C&C'ers. We need to find more people to play with. Online, hopefully. That, and I've been working on my alcohol tolerance for a year in preparation for just that sort of adventure.
studio3six wrote:I'm only signed up for 1 game. It's all about the open gaming, pick-up style. Wife also. Son is in 2, but he's usually in the board game area anyway. I need a DNA test on that boy some day.
Oh, I doubt that. I've played with you both and he's cut from the same rough cloth as his dad. As they say in Airdhe, "The spore doesn't fall far from the slime mold." Or so I've heard.
CKDad wrote:Have to look at my schedule but I likely have some windows for pick-up gaming. In fact, I was just thinking about a one-shot on the drive in today...
Well, in my over-ambition, I scheduled games right smack in the middle of Friday and Saturday. I'm really hoping I am able to hop in on some of these open C&C games. So is my wife, trust me.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

A fairly full line of C&C products will be available at the booth. Stop by, and we'll try to fill any gaps in your collection. Hopefully, you're not like me. I own almost everything.

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

tylermo wrote:A fairly full line of C&C products will be available at the booth. Stop by, and we'll try to fill any gaps in your collection. Hopefully, you're not like me. I own almost everything.
You poor soul. A friend, seeing my many bookshelves of games, rulebooks, and such, proclaimed that the fullness of my life must be in reverse ratio to the fullness of my bookshelves!
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

Spending the morning running pre-gens for my Fri. & Sat. C&C games - though if anyone at my tables is a veteran of C&C, knows what they are doing and wants to roll up their own character they may do so as long they can do so quickly. Fri's Unending Darkness game will have all characters at 2nd level, and Sat.'s At the Sign of the Green Dragon will be at 5th.

@storycrafter - looking forward to your game :)
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

CKDad

Post by CKDad »

I'm in both John's and Storycrafter's games, as well as one of the GaryCon Open sessions, a Chainmail game Thursday night, and one of the "AD&D - No Sleep Required" sessions at 8 AM Sunday morning. Plus running Divine Right on Friday. Whew! Going to be a busy weekend. Good thing I took Monday off to recover!
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."

CKDad

Post by CKDad »

seskis281 wrote:Spending the morning running pre-gens for my Fri. & Sat. C&C games - though if anyone at my tables is a veteran of C&C, knows what they are doing and wants to roll up their own character they may do so as long they can do so quickly. Fri's Unending Darkness game will have all characters at 2nd level, and Sat.'s At the Sign of the Green Dragon will be at 5th.
Oo! Oo! Can I bring a half-dragon/half-elf paladin/assassin/illusionist for the Sign of the Green Dragon? :twisted:

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

CKDad wrote:
seskis281 wrote:Spending the morning running pre-gens for my Fri. & Sat. C&C games - though if anyone at my tables is a veteran of C&C, knows what they are doing and wants to roll up their own character they may do so as long they can do so quickly. Fri's Unending Darkness game will have all characters at 2nd level, and Sat.'s At the Sign of the Green Dragon will be at 5th.
Oo! Oo! Can I bring a half-dragon/half-elf paladin/assassin/illusionist for the Sign of the Green Dragon? :twisted:
Uhm.... sure.... just be prepared for the roving patrol of:

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=Blackgua ... x=78&ty=72

Blackguard mindflayers on their beholder mounts..... :twisted:
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

If there are some open gaming areas, I'll be running one on Friday night, and probably another on Saturday night. Perhaps others, but my first responsibility is the booth. I've got six 4th level pregens. The adventures will likely be some of TLG's pdf's(Cloud Giant's Tower by Jim Ward, They Call Him Guff-Kim, and Wizard's Tower by Stephen Chenault). Best I could do on short notice. Any are welcome, especially those new to C&C.

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

tylermo wrote:If there ate some open gaming areas
:o

Now I'm glad I can't make it! Hope someone survives the carnage!!
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Already corrected. Damned IPhone keyboard. Lol

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

You mean there won't be carnage and cannibalism???
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet

CKDad

Post by CKDad »

Well, if someone activates the Cannibals barbarian tribe in the Divine Right game...

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

Hope the gaming is going well, guys! Wish I was there!
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

Coleston the Cavalier
Unkbartig

Post by Coleston the Cavalier »

Tylermo is doing a fantastic job working the Troll's Table here at Gary Con.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Have fun everyone and remember, Jaybird has the whiskey. ;) Really wish I was there with you guys.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

blackmote
Mist Elf

Post by blackmote »

just saying hello from GaryCon, where I played my first Castles & Crusades game this morning. I summarily marched into the dealer's room and purchased the Players Handbook, the Monsters & Treasures book, and the new CK Screen. Tomorrow - after I replenish the wallet a bit - I'll go ahead and grab the Castle Keeper's Book. May as well pick it up directly from the source and save myself shipping charges, eh? ;)

At any rate I plan to introduce this game to my original high school AD&D group back home in Georgia. We'd only recently gotten back together after a 25 year hiatus. Boy, that real life stuff can certainly put a damper on the fun things. hah hah.

After attending my first GaryCon here this year, I know I'll be back next year. And if I can stay focused on gaming, perhaps I'll write up a game to run next year using the C&C rule set. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

~Hoyt.
"Nothing is so terrible that a huge red dragon can't make it just a hell of a lot worse."
-Dragon Magazine, issue #194, pg. 3

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Great news Hoyt! Welcome to the Crusade.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

Any pictures forthcoming?
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

We did take some at the Society dinner tonight, We'll get those posted. I know I was too busy to get many today because our day was jammed with gaming. I'll try and take some tommorrow.
Ah room zoom zoom, ah room zoom zoom. gilly gilly gilly gilly, gilly ah sa sa. Come through the magic door with me and see the things you never dreamed you'll see.

CKDad

Post by CKDad »

I know Mark Cover (I think I've got his last name correct) was taking pictures of pretty much everything, I'll see if I can find a link. I've got some pictures of the Chainmail game I was in Thursday night as well as the Divine Right game I ran on Friday, along with some other random shots.

CKDad

Post by CKDad »

Nice to have met you Hoyt - I think we were in Jon's Saturday morning game together! Welcome to the Crusade!

Storycrafter
Mist Elf

Post by Storycrafter »

I *think* they are at
http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=1315595608
and
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1175 ... 459/albums

Also, my wife has yet to upload ours, so those will be forthcoming.

magick3six
Ungern

Post by magick3six »

Wife took tons of pics for 3 days, when she gets the best sorted out and fixed up, will try to post some.

Con was great again this year. Had a blast.

Saw many we met last year, and a few new faces. Good to see everyone.

-Scott

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

Storycrafter wrote:I *think* they are at
http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=1315595608
and
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1175 ... 459/albums

Also, my wife has yet to upload ours, so those will be forthcoming.
Didn't know that Google+ had such a good picture site. Well done Google.

It looked like a lot of fun. Any chance of some labeling applied to the pics?

Kingmaker looks an awful lot like: War of the Roses from the 80's.
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

magick3six
Ungern

Post by magick3six »

Some pics as promised.
Attachments
Mark Martin running C&amp;C. Mr and Mrs Go0gleplex, Mr and Mrs Seskis, and my bald head looking over shoulders.
Mark Martin running C&C. Mr and Mrs Go0gleplex, Mr and Mrs Seskis, and my bald head looking over shoulders.
DSC_0074.jpg (164.37 KiB) Viewed 8636 times
Brian Miller running C&amp;C in the open gaming area. Brian in the red. I'm the walrus sized on right leaning back in my seat. Wife took the pic, but was playing also.
Brian Miller running C&C in the open gaming area. Brian in the red. I'm the walrus sized on right leaning back in my seat. Wife took the pic, but was playing also.
DSC_0068.jpg (143.32 KiB) Viewed 8636 times

CKDad

Post by CKDad »

Sir Ironside wrote:Kingmaker looks an awful lot like: War of the Roses from the 80's.
I believe it would be more accurate to say that "War of the Roses" looks an awful lot like Kingmaker from the 1970's."
:)

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

CKDad wrote:
Sir Ironside wrote:Kingmaker looks an awful lot like: War of the Roses from the 80's.
I believe it would be more accurate to say that "War of the Roses" looks an awful lot like Kingmaker from the 1970's."
:)

Wow, now that IS A BLAST FROM THE PAST!

From the picts, it looks like a good time!
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

wife and I got some pics from around the con. She'll likely post them somewhere, which I'll leave a link to once she tells me where.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."