Gen Con 2012

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Gen Con 2012

Post by Troll Lord »

TLG's plans for Gencon:

We will of course be attending with bells on. We've reserved the same size booth as last year, but are working on some nice new duds for the show, new back drop, display racks etc. Its way overdue.

TLG will not be working with Scotty's Brewhouse this year, as that pub has become rather crowded and we are, as always looking for different places to hole up. The Slippery Noodle and Wild Beaver remain my favorite haha. We are working with FDG and KFG again and they have suggested a really cool looking place, much closer to the con to have our annual gathering. We want to do this year's in lock step with the Society of course. I had a nice talk with Piper today about just such a thing.

I'm trying to arrange some dedicated space for C&C games this year. My Friday night game last year was a mess and won't be repeated; we'll get a solid spot in the gaming areas where we can have at it. Todd is running at least two games I believe.

We have not put these in the schedule, but will try to do so shortly. Anyone else up for running some C&C?

Trollzah!
Steve

seskis281
Lore Drake

Re: Gen Con 2012

Post by seskis281 »

Steve, I am going to see about making GenCon to be available to run games. Troll Con is a no go because of timing, but there is a chance to swing GenCon again. I'll give you a shout sometime soon.

John
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I'd love to help, but I have to sort out the rest of this con schedule with my wife first. I'll never get to go to another dragon con again, but gencon could be 50/50 year to year.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I'll be at GenCon, and will run a few games. However, I will not be running any "official games" on the GenCon schedule. If TLG will sponsor or provide space for "off the grid games," I'm all in.

Of course, I would have to run in Aihrde, using material I wrote for the upcoming Codex of Aihrde. ;)

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

Ok, room booked - Mona and I are now planning to be in Indy.
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

tylermo wrote:I'd love to help, but I have to sort out the rest of this con schedule with my wife first. I'll never get to go to another dragon con again, but gencon could be 50/50 year to year.
Never no Dragon con!!!!??? Say it isn't so. That is the most enjoyable convention I've ever attended. Used to go every year, went for about a decade before the Troll knocked it off my circuit.

Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Omote wrote:I'll be at GenCon, and will run a few games. However, I will not be running any "official games" on the GenCon schedule. If TLG will sponsor or provide space for "off the grid games," I'm all in.

Of course, I would have to run in Aihrde, using material I wrote for the upcoming Codex of Aihrde. ;)

~O
We are working on this, both at the con and if that doesn't work, off site at a 3rd party. But it would have to be a quiet place, where one can game without all the distractions of noise. I'll keep the boards posted.

Thanks,
Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

seskis281 wrote:Ok, room booked - Mona and I are now planning to be in Indy.
Excellent! Its been awhile since we tipped a brew!

Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

I've had a nice talk with the folks at Gencon. Though event submissions closed on March 19, they are still taking events, until the schedule is filled up. I am submitting my event for up to 25 players today and Todd's two events. If you submit one, please post it here so we can all coordinate.

Thanks,
Steve

CKDad
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Post by CKDad »

There's a small chance that Ben & I will make GenCon this year. It's also my 20th anniversary and the wife just suggested we try a small getaway, so that gets priority if it's a choice. But I've started the wheels in motion.
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

I am now registered and have submitted 3 times for for C&C Society open games - Fri. at 1:00 PM, Sat. at 9AM and Sat. at 2:00PM, each for 4 hours. While we haven't had discussions on the specifics of the Society Open games for cons, since the submission deadline was past but they are still taking some (per Steve above) I wanted to get these events submitted asap, so I structured them as openly and simply as possible - borrowing from several ideas from John A., Todd, Eric and Brian Miller I listed the Open to be "each table will vote a role-player award, the CK will award a 'best role-play moment or achievement' award for each table, then I as CK would pick the overall GenCon Society open winner from the 3 voted table role-player awards. We can formalize for future C&C Opens better, but as I said, for GenCon I want to get this in and under the wire. We DO need to proceed with developing and/or selecting a common Society adventure that can be 1st debuted here and then be the same for other cons in 2012-2013 after, so I'll get cracking, talk to Piper and communicate with everyone who has been discussing this soon :)

John
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Stephen, I went to DC 2002-09. My post divorce pocketbook won't allow for that one ever again. Missed Stan Lee the last two years, as well as Howard Hesseman and Loni Anderson from WKRP. I feel your pain regarding Dragon Con.

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Post by Snoring Rock »

I am running two games on the grid. I will be running Tegel Manor on Thursday evening and again on Saturday evening. I left Friday open to play in a game. I like off grid games, but those fall apart sometimes. I will grab a C&C game on Friday if I can.

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

Sir Seskis is IN THE HOWWWWWSE! Awesome John! And I better get some stuff submitted today...I am behind the power curve as usual. I am supposed to run some 10 minute encounter demos at the booth this year too to show folks how the system works, so I need to figure out when that is going to happen. I love the sound of the Society Open! Gotta call you soon, John so we can hash this out!

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

I will most likely be running two games on the grid (one for sure) based in my campaign world, and could possibly-might run one off, for all those lucky souls who don't get enough of me otherwise.

I will also be game for getting in as a player, too, if it's available... or just hanging out with alla yas fine folks, wherever that may be.

It was a near thing whether I'd be able to come to GC this year, so I'm glad enough that I can make it!
- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

ArgoForg wrote:I will most likely be running two games on the grid (one for sure) based in my campaign world, and could possibly-might run one off, for all those lucky souls who don't get enough of me otherwise.

I will also be game for getting in as a player, too, if it's available... or just hanging out with alla yas fine folks, wherever that may be.

It was a near thing whether I'd be able to come to GC this year, so I'm glad enough that I can make it!
Sweet! That's at least five of us running games. I'm mulling over my open game (up to 25 players) on Friday night or mid morning. If I can get some table space dedicated to us then I may do it off grid.

Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Referencing above, I'm working on getting us some dedicated table space in the convention halls gaming area. May have some news on that today.

Steve

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

Troll Lord wrote:Sweet! That's at least five of us running games. I'm mulling over my open game (up to 25 players) on Friday night or mid morning. If I can get some table space dedicated to us then I may do it off grid.
[strike]Well, crap, my on the grid one is Friday from 7-11. I can at least stop in afterward, drink and heckle, if nothing else. :lol: [/strike]

Scratch that. i can still edit that time. ^_^
- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

I'm working with Gencon and trying to line up a private room for C&C gamers and gaming. It would be in the Marriot Hotel. Our events would be held here as well.

News as it comes to me.

Thanks,
Steve

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Good news. Private room. All good. Make that magic happen.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

My most solemn brethren: I will not be in attendance this year. Roll a D20 for me while yer there!
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Say it isn't so, BD. I've missed 2010 and 11. The jury is still out on this year.

CKDad
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Post by CKDad »

No GenCon trip for me this year, either. Next year is looking better, though - it won't be competing for $$ with my 20th anniversary. :)
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

All of you dissappoint me greatly. HEATHENS!

~O
VAE VICTUS!

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

Omote wrote:HEATHENS!
Then you'd want this thread: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12185&view=unread#unread
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

Omote wrote:All of you dissappoint me greatly. HEATHENS!

~O
Come cover Citrix Xenapp and CAG for our campus so that I can go! ;)
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Haha! You don't want my skills for that son. You'd come back to a nightmare of C:[blinkblock]

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

Post by Christina Stiles »

I'll be there! My first GenCon. Open Design may have my Journeys to the West Pathfinder book available for sale there. I'll gladly sign your purchased copy. :)

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

Omote wrote:Haha! You don't want my skills for that son. You'd come back to a nightmare of C:[blinkblock]

~O

:lol: :lol: :lol:
-Genghis Khan

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

Primo! I've been wanting to scout out the Mariott since it had the 10-story tall Lombardi Trophy on it for the Super Bowl.

I've officially got two C&C slots that I'm running, my own self. The rest of the time, I may be bopping back and forth between the Mariott and the Marketplace. But I'm planning on being there, with bells and swashbuckler shirt on. It was a near thing this year, but we put off some items we could do without to make it.

Things like lights, and water, and electricity. Trifles. :mrgreen: