Monsters & Treasure of Aihrde

Herein are gathered all the threads about those creatures that stalk our nightmares and against whom are characters must battle!
Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Monsters & Treasure of Aihrde

Post by Troll Lord »

Greetings all,

One of the items I let slip under the wire is the re-release of Monsters & Treasure of Aihrde. This book was originally released as a soft cover. We did a limited, site only, hard cover release after that. However, times being what they are we have now done a full blown hardcover release of this very adaptable monster book. It is scheduled to ship to us on the 16th. We will have it in stock on the 18th and it will make its rounds at the retail shops about a week to 10 days later.

This book was printed at Walsworth publishing and is looking very nice.

Because this is a re-release we are offering it, for a limited time, at $19.99. This price holds until it arrives in the shop.

About MT of Aihrde
Within Monsters & Treasure of Aihrde lies a veritable host of legendary monsters for your Castles & Crusades game. From the epic monsters of time's deep to the wandering miscreants of the savage plains, Monsters & Treasure of Aihrde brings your table wholly new and unique creatures, both good and evil. And for the first time the C&C bestiary is offered a twisted look into the Wretched Plains and the demons and devils who people tham. Creatures of such malign evil and incurable wickedness that they promise to offer your characters worlds of nightmarish adventure.

Each monstrous entry comes fully detailed with descriptions, habits, treasure, combat, special abilities, and details on culture where needed. Though created for TLG's default setting, After Winter's Dark: Aihrde, Monsters & Treasure of of Aihrde is fully compatible with other campaign settings.

With over 150 monster entries and scores of new specialized magic items this new work promises hosts of adventuring glory. Beautifully illustrated and fully compatible with any home grown setting or inserted into your Aihrde campaign this monstrous tome promises epic adventure.

Though the M&T of Aihrde includes the many monsters that have already debuted in The Crusader Journal, Monsters of Aihrde PDFS I-IV, adventure modules, and free downloads, it offers scores of new monsters and mounds of treasure never before seen. Expanded beyond the scope of the original Monsters & Treasure, this new work promises hosts of adventure glory that only you can wrest from the hands of creatures as powerful as the Mogrl, as small as the bogtilt, or as mysterious as the Moundrule.

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Re: Monsters & Treasure of Aihrde

Post by moriarty777 »

It's an excellent book (I have it in softcover)!

I'm tempted by the hardcover offer but it will have to wait or ordered with some other stuff. Shipping this sucker alone would add $15 to the total! (Not unexpected either) ;)

M

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

Troll Lord wrote: Though the M&T of Aihrde includes the many monsters that have already debuted in The Crusader Journal, Monsters of Aihrde PDFS I-IV, adventure modules, and free downloads, it offers scores of new monsters and mounds of treasure never before seen. Expanded beyond the scope of the original Monsters & Treasure, this new work promises hosts of adventure glory that only you can wrest from the hands of creatures as powerful as the Mogrl, as small as the bogtilt, or as mysterious as the Moundrule.
Wait. This includes more than is in this PDF? http://tinyurl.com/cv8ybep
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

MormonYoYoMan wrote:Wait. This includes more than is in this PDF? http://tinyurl.com/cv8ybep
No... it does not. This book expands the scope of the original M&T ... not the M&ToA. Contents of this hardcover and previous softcover and PDF versions would be the same.

M

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

MormonYoYoMan wrote:
Troll Lord wrote: Though the M&T of Aihrde includes the many monsters that have already debuted in The Crusader Journal, Monsters of Aihrde PDFS I-IV, adventure modules, and free downloads, it offers scores of new monsters and mounds of treasure never before seen. Expanded beyond the scope of the original Monsters & Treasure, this new work promises hosts of adventure glory that only you can wrest from the hands of creatures as powerful as the Mogrl, as small as the bogtilt, or as mysterious as the Moundrule.
Wait. This includes more than is in this PDF? http://tinyurl.com/cv8ybep
Morts right. We changed only the OGL and fixed a picture I think. I was tempted to adjust some monsters but decided to not fuss with it so people wouldn't feel compelled to order it if they own a previous version. This printing really is a large scale printing that will stock us up and put it into the distribution/retailer channel.

Thanks,
Steve

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

I guess I was one of the few to get the hardcover. Other than the better logo and minor changes, I see no reason to purchase this. Now I'm wishing I would've waited. :P
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

The limited hardcover wasn't too bad, but this Walsworth printing is going to rock. Hope to see these along with Classic Monsters as apart of my convention restock. Any timetable on OG&M and Codex?

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

tylermo wrote:The limited hardcover wasn't too bad, but this Walsworth printing is going to rock.
The nice thing about having the first hardcover, is now I'm in a position to be able to wait for future reprints that have errata fixed and a new cover. (I'm pretty sure that Steve mentioned that they are going to go with a full bleed picture, rather than the covers they have now.)
tylermo wrote:Any timetable on OG&M and Codex?
Codex I'm very interested in. I gave away the old; Codex of Erdhe(?) in anticipation of a C&C book and not a d20 book. This came a lot sooner than I had expected. (A 2015 release. :lol: )
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I could have sworn there might have been an in-house OG&M hardcover. If there was, I missed it. As for the M&T of A covers, I'd have to compare the old cover to the one in Stephen's post. The logo has been updated for sure, but I haven't heard anything about new art. Regarding the codex...I didn't actually buy that until GenCon 2009. Got the book in a five for 20 or 25 sale from Titan games I believe.

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

tylermo wrote:I could have sworn there might have been an in-house OG&M hardcover. If there was, I missed it. As for the M&T of A covers, I'd have to compare the old cover to the one in Stephen's post. The logo has been updated for sure, but I haven't heard anything about new art. Regarding the codex...I didn't actually buy that until GenCon 2009. Got the book in a five for 20 or 25 sale from Titan games I believe.
There was an in-house one and I think the initial run was done around the same time and in the same limited quantities of the in-house hardback of the M&ToA book.

As I mentioned in a previous post... if there is a full fledged print run for OG&M like they are doing now for the M&ToA, I hope they do a revised version as I mentioned in a different thread just recently. Add in gods and goddesses that should've been there in the first place and... if there is a concern with page count to make that happen, drop the Aihrde specific mythos since they had talked about doing a separate book for this anyway (plus you could always stick it in the new version of the Codex anyway). I would gladly pay more for the added work this would entail.

M

kreider204
Unkbartig

Post by kreider204 »

Sir Ironside wrote: The nice thing about having the first hardcover, is now I'm in a position to be able to wait for future reprints that have errata fixed ...
Ditto. I just recently bought the hardcover, and it's a great book, but it needs proofing in the worst way ...

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

kreider204 wrote:Ditto. I just recently bought the hardcover, and it's a great book, but it needs proofing in the worst way ...
That would certainly be the cheapest and quickest way.
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

kreider204
Unkbartig

Post by kreider204 »

MormonYoYoMan wrote:
kreider204 wrote:Ditto. I just recently bought the hardcover, and it's a great book, but it needs proofing in the worst way ...
That would certainly be the cheapest and quickest way.
LOL - that took me a minute, but I got it!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

This is actually now my favorite TLG/C&C monster book. Yes, even better than Classic Monsters.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

I managed to get my hands on it during Gary Con and love it, makes a great addition to my small C&C Library