Tegel Manor at GenCon 2012

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Tegel Manor at GenCon 2012

Post by Snoring Rock »

Ok , so I have decided to take the plunge. I submitted three events for GenCon. I will run the classic Judges Guild module; Tegel Manor, from 6 to midnight Thursday, Friday and Saturday. So, if nothing changes, the event numbers are:

Thursday RPG1232507
Friday RPG1232508
Saturday RPG1232509

I hope to see a few of you sign up for these. There are very few C&C games on the grid, so I would expect these to fill up. This is a classic old-school module for all you old-timers!

Omote
Battle Stag

Re: Tegel Manor at GenCon 2012

Post by Omote »

You're alright Snoring Rock.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

Thats gonna be funtimes right there!
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

Man, I envy your players. And I question your sanity. You're really gonna try to get through all of the Manor in one session? Yikes!

Of course, I suppose having all the PCs run out of the house screaming like little girls is one way it could end quickly...
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Post by Snoring Rock »

Well, I am going to give each group a few clues to look for and general direction. If they find the Lich and extinguish it, they will get a prize of some kind. The rest will just be me laughing as they lose their sanity....and their lives.

Dark Okie
Mist Elf

Post by Dark Okie »

GAH!! I am jealous. Have fun and please post how the adventure went. I love the Judge's Guild stuff!

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Hmmmmm. 8-)
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Greywolf
Skobbit

Post by Greywolf »

Snoring Rock wrote:Well, I am going to give each group a few clues to look for and general direction. If they find the Lich and extinguish it, they will get a prize of some kind. The rest will just be me laughing as they lose their sanity....and their lives.
Lich? :o There's a lich. :twisted:

Is that the first clue? LOL ;)

Rhone1
Skobbit

Post by Rhone1 »

Myself and two other C&C players are going to try to sign up for the Thursday night game. Although, if I remember correctly, Tegel Manor is kinda huge for one night worth of gaming...could be a long night :)

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Snoring Rock should turn his C&C Tegal Manor game into an annual event like Jon Hershberger's Thracia game. THAT would be epic, and I would have to humbly ask for a seat at your table.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Post by Snoring Rock »

Omote, you have an excellent idea my good man!

I am running game #RPG1232507 on Thursday evening at 6pm - Midnight.
I will do it again on Saturday at the same time #RPG1232509.

But, would I be willing to run it Friday night, off the grid, for anyone looking for a pickup game? Would I be willing to turn it into a yearly fest of dungeon C&C goodness? Absolutely! I have at least one player and Omote interested. I just need 2 or 3 more. Time 6-ish to ?? place: Hyatt Regency. They always have a table or two open on the second floor.

For anyone purchasing the grid tickets, I will be running the manor like a tournament. You will be given some clues and at least two objectives. The pre-generated characters will have everything they need in order to survive. The key is to find the objective you choose, quickly.

This will be a fast-paced game with little time for long deliberation.

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

Awwwwh, crap.

My game outings more or less conflict on both nights (I left my Friday open for the big TLG game, if it came through).

RPG1234809 Thursday at 7 pm
RPG1235127 Saturday at 8 pm

Next year I'll have to do a better job organizing so I can sit in on a runthrough of Tegel Manor, my own self. But at least it appears that there are a decent selection of dedicated C&C slots for people to jump onboard with this year!
- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Post by Snoring Rock »

Ah, fear not, for I shall be running Tegel Manor off the grid Friday at the C&C-fest. So all you folks that do not have tickets, need only hook up with me Friday. We should order pizza.