C&C Players Handbook, 5th Printing (Available)

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Re: C&C Players Handbook, 5th Printing (Preorder)

Post by Traveller »

It was a misunderstanding. The man with the plan was talking about the changes made to the barbarian in the 4th printing.

As for the fighter, I don't think he needs any more love. I mean, how much more love can you foist upon someone whose profession is killing monsters and taking their stuff?

mediapig
Ungern

Post by mediapig »

Ah, good news about the Barbarian, I like that class!

I still feel the fighter could use just a little more omphh, although I know he /she does have the best combat bonus progression. Oh well, guess that's what house rules are for!

kreider204
Unkbartig

Post by kreider204 »

I actually like the "vanilla" fighter. It's a nice simple, no-hassle class that still kicks butt. It's good for beginners too. And there's always Advantages from the CKG if you want to spice fighters up.

Anyhoo, back to the topic, I'm thrilled about the new printing, and will definitely be buying a copy, no matter what the encumbrance system looks like - I usually handwave encumbrance anyway. :)

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Traveller »

In the "Corrections and Additions" thread I give an overview of the changes made to the Encumbrance system. The revisions have addressed every issue I had with the system. With the changes I have a feeling that not only are the complaints about the system going to stop, but so will the questions. It's simple, intuitive, and doesn't stick out like a sore thumb anymore. It should speak volumes when I can come out and say that the revised system is one that I would be willing to use, given that I am the most vocal critic of the original.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Alright folks,

The Players Handbook final cover proofs were approved today. Its looking real nice.

The book is scheduled to be out in the first week of August if nothing goes wrong. Do not quote me on that date, this is still Troll Lord Games and we are talented.

For Kickstarters
The briefcase and dice are on order. The tshirts go out tomorrow. On Monday you should get an email from us asking what adventures you want to get with your order.

I'm hoping to have these shipped before Gencon. I'm debating whether we will let people pick them up at Gencon. I'm thinking YES, but you have to let us know before August 1st. I'll decide that by Monday.

Thanks all! and a kind Thank you to Trav and Peter for mountains of work to put this sucker to bed!
Trollzah!
Steve

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Though Kickstarter people should get theirs first, it is critical to showcase this fantastic product at GenCon. This is TLG's bread and butter game, and you need to sell these books at the largest gaming convention. That is how you start conversations about your product. Customers will talk, tweet, post pictures and let their freinds know about this full color book.

You'll really shake the pillars of heaven.

Debut them at the GC. Make sure those books are perfect tho!

All the best Trolls. See y'all at the show.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

kreider204
Unkbartig

Post by kreider204 »

Troll Lord wrote: The book is scheduled to be out in the first week of August if nothing goes wrong. Do not quote me on that date ...
Oops, I quoted you. ;) Any word on when this will be available through our FLGS? And when Kickstarter PDFs will be sent? Thanks!

Valens
Mist Elf

Post by Valens »

Who do we email or pm if we haven't got the email for the adventure?
Troll Lord wrote:Alright folks,

The Players Handbook final cover proofs were approved today. Its looking real nice.

The book is scheduled to be out in the first week of August if nothing goes wrong. Do not quote me on that date, this is still Troll Lord Games and we are talented.

For Kickstarters
The briefcase and dice are on order. The tshirts go out tomorrow. On Monday you should get an email from us asking what adventures you want to get with your order.

I'm hoping to have these shipped before Gencon. I'm debating whether we will let people pick them up at Gencon. I'm thinking YES, but you have to let us know before August 1st. I'll decide that by Monday.

Thanks all! and a kind Thank you to Trav and Peter for mountains of work to put this sucker to bed!
Trollzah!
Steve

redwullf
Ulthal

Post by redwullf »

Valens wrote:Who do we email or pm if we haven't got the email for the adventure?
Yeah, same question. I haven't received an email asking about shirt size, module preference, or digital copy preference. Status update, please?
"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs. He presents opportunities
for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” -- E. G. G.

--------------------------------------------------
Castles & Crusades Society Member

Krell
Henchman

Post by Krell »

I am amongst thosr who have not received an email either.

kreider204
Unkbartig

Post by kreider204 »

kreider204 wrote:
Troll Lord wrote: The book is scheduled to be out in the first week of August if nothing goes wrong. Do not quote me on that date ...
Oops, I quoted you. ;) Any word on when this will be available through our FLGS? And when Kickstarter PDFs will be sent? Thanks!

redwullf
Ulthal

Post by redwullf »

I don't doubt that the focus now is all about GenCon, and we won't hear anything about the kickstarter orders until after.

CKDad
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Post by CKDad »

Steve posted a picture of the loaded-down pickup on Facebook; among the contents of the boxes heading to GenCon were the full-color PHBs. I imagine they'll be back to getting these things rolling out to folks once they're back from Indianapolis.
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."

redwullf
Ulthal

Post by redwullf »

I wonder if those books are for Kickstarter supporters who are going to GenCon, or if the general public will also be able to buy them? I have some unhappy feelings in my tummy if Joe Public can buy this book by virtue of being at GenCon before we supporters of the project can get our copies.

Also, still no answer to the following question...

Bonus Reward #6 reads:
BONUS REWARD #6: When we reach $13,500.00 everyone who pledged $40.00 or more can specify their preference for digital copy. You can choose between PDF, Epub or Kindle!
Is this saying that we can choose the ePub or Kindle version instead of the PDF, since everyone at $15 pledge or higher already gets the PDF of the PHB anyway? Just a little confused about the nature of this reward.

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

I'll admit that I am a tad disappointed that the Kickstarter folks didn't get their orders before the Trolls went to GenCon. I know, I'm being a bit selfish but I like to think if I was at GC, I'd feel bad for those folks who preordered but hadn't got their new PHBs yet. :)
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Not only are those who backed the Kickstarter not getting their hands on the 5th print PHB before the GenCon Attendees, but it looks like anyone who pre-ordered Amazing Adventures are in the same boat.

Didn't this sort of thing happen in a previous year?

I don't mind waiting a bit longer *but* it would have been nice to at least get the PDF version to admire until the physical copies came our way. I mean, we paid for this some time ago didn't we? For us poor folks who can't make it to GenCon because of cost and/or distance, this is kind of insult to injury ain't it?

M

redwullf
Ulthal

Post by redwullf »

Edited (picture removed) because I'm not trying to/don't want to start a ruckus. Just voicing my opinion that we dedicated backers should have gotten our hands on some of those 5th printings before the public. Trust me, I KNOW how important GenCon exposure is, but that should have been planned for. Keeping the books out of your backers hands so they can be show cased to the public just wasn't the right thing to do. We do right by buying, playing, promoting, and supporting C&C every day. Just think that support should be recognized, especially when we've put forth even more money to make this book a reality.

kreider204
Unkbartig

Post by kreider204 »

Redwulf, now you're just being cruel ...

;)

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

According to a posted reply on Facebook, TLG received the shipment of PHB's fairly last minute before heading to the Con. I can accept that given that a chunk of the Kickstarter books need to get signed before heading to the backers.

I don't know if this is the same with the Amazing Adventures as I was under the impression that this was being done in-house. I suppose this could also been a case of 'crunch time' in getting these ready for Gen Con.

Will continue to await patiently since I'm no where near Gen Con (and have no other choice but to wait).

;)

M

redwullf
Ulthal

Post by redwullf »

moriarty777 wrote:Will continue to await patiently since I'm no where near Gen Con (and have no other choice but to wait).
Indeed, which is why I was trying to step back from creating a scene about it. I'm sure there are reasons, I just think the backers should have been priority, no matter what. As you pointed out, nothing can be done about it now.

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

redwullf wrote:
moriarty777 wrote:Will continue to await patiently since I'm no where near Gen Con (and have no other choice but to wait).
Indeed, which is why I was trying to step back from creating a scene about it. I'm sure there are reasons, I just think the backers should have been priority, no matter what. As you pointed out, nothing can be done about it now.
While I do agree with redwullf, as Moriarty/Pat stated in his above post, there were some mitigating circumstances regarding the PHBs. Honestly, I would've made the same decision in the same circumstance. As long as he has some to ship out to us patrons next week, I'm good! :)
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

CKDad
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Post by CKDad »

Steve just sent this out via the Kickstarter:

The book arrived the day we moved out for Gencon. Davis and I took the time to sign the book and get all prepped for shipping!

We arrived back in the Troll Dens at 4 in the a.m. Monday morning and have been packing boxes ever since!

Look for yours in the next few days!

Thank you all,

Steve"
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."

kreider204
Unkbartig

Post by kreider204 »

Just saw that, thanks.

Still wondering about PDFs.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

We staggered in about 4 in the a.m. and started packing boxes. We got the first bunch shipped out today. We'll get a huge chunk done tomorrow.

The PDFs should go out this evening at some point. If not no later than in the morning.

Thanks for the patience all!

Steve

kreider204
Unkbartig

Post by kreider204 »

Thanks, Steve - good work!

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

The PDF looks mighty fine!

As a side note, given that I have a few things which are due to be shipped to me, are these all going to go out in the same package?

Aside from the PH5 KS, I have the Amazing Adventure $35 pre-order, and a copy of the Gods & Monsters Hardback and Dice which was being held back to ship together.

Might save a couple of headaches in the long run assuming the Amazing Adventure pre-order package is also ready.

M

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

was the link for the pdf mailed out? I needs mine!
:-)
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

kreider204
Unkbartig

Post by kreider204 »

I received mine, but gmail tagged it into the spam folder, so I didn't see it at first.

Valens
Mist Elf

Post by Valens »

I got mine, it looks great, but renders really slow on my ipad.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I really want to see the phb. It may be another week or two for me. BTW, I never heard definitively if the encumbrance system was changed or not.