C&C Society Tournament at GaryCon V (March 14-17, 2013)

A forum to discuss Endless Worlds Organised Play events.
(NOTE: This was the Society News forum and has legacy threads that have not yet been sorted)
CKDad
Master of the Kobold Raiders

C&C Society Tournament at GaryCon V (March 14-17, 2013)

Post by CKDad »

A number of us had been kicking around the idea of running an organized C&C society tournament at GaryCon V next March. I've thrown my hat into the ring to get this organized. (GaryCon V event registration is supposed to open today.)

What I'm looking for right now is a crew of CKs who:
- will be attending GaryCon V (barring unforeseen circumstances, naturally)
- are able & willing to attend a short planning session, run at least one 4-hour tourney session, and attend a short scoring/wrap-up session
- are willing to run the game with a fixed, previously-agreed upon version of the rules & options (e.g., "5th printing PHB as written, with options X, Y & Z from the CKG")
- are willing to do score player's performance, both for achieving any scenario objectives and for roleplaying

I'm also looking for folks who:
- are willing to contribute to the design and playtesting of the convention scenario, to be set in Aihrde
- assistance with creating, evaluating and tweaking pregenerated characters and equipment sets

And probably other things I don't even realize I need help with yet. :)

Right now I am leaning towards multiple sessions of a single scenario, rather than a multi-stage tournament - something along the lines of what was done for the AD&D tournament last year. I think this is easiest for the players to commit to, since they don't have to block out sessions over multiple days. I think it will also be easier for the CKs. I'd like to be able to establish the winners Saturday night so they can be announced/posted etc. on Sunday, and any prizes (working with the Trolls on this) distributed.

If you're interested, post here or PM me! I'll be cross-posting this over on the Ning site.
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."

serleran
Mogrl

Re: C&C Society Tournament at GaryCon V (March 14-17, 2013)

Post by serleran »

Are we sure there will be a world come December 22?

If there is, I hope you get a lot of interest.

CKDad

Post by CKDad »

In the event of a Mayan Apocalypse, we'll be playing Shadowrun instead. :twisted:
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

That's pretty awesome. Makes me wish I could go to this convention. One day...

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I might be able to help with the design, but there is very little chance of attending this, or any, convention in the near lifetime.

CKDad

Post by CKDad »

Thanks Serl. I've got one other CK lined up so looks like a small team this time. Will get in touch as soon as there's something to share.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Makin me wish (not that I wasn't already) that I could go this year. :(
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Makin me wish (not that I wasn't already) that I could go this year. :(
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

Omote wrote:That's pretty awesome. Makes me wish I could go to this convention. One day...

~O
Dude, I'm right there with ya.
serleran wrote:I might be able to help with the design, but there is very little chance of attending this, or any, convention in the near lifetime.
I was just curious. Do you ever go to cons, serl? If so, which ones? If not, why (other than obvious reasons like money, time off, etc.)?
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I have been to GenCon, Con on the Cob, and the Lake Geneva Game Con (before it became GaryCon) and had a decent time at all of them (more fun at CotC, to be honest) but the major reason I can't go are manifold and you mentioned them already. Plus, distance. The cons are just too damned far away which makes the price (even if attendance itself is low) outside my allocatable budget especially with a 160+ year old house (first records of it being here are in 1845) in desperate need of major repairs.

I'd love to go to more cons, it's just not feasible.

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

serleran wrote:I have been to GenCon, Con on the Cob, and the Lake Geneva Game Con (before it became GaryCon) and had a decent time at all of them (more fun at CotC, to be honest) but the major reason I can't go are manifold and you mentioned them already. Plus, distance. The cons are just too damned far away which makes the price (even if attendance itself is low) outside my allocatable budget especially with a 160+ year old house (first records of it being here are in 1845) in desperate need of major repairs.

I'd love to go to more cons, it's just not feasible.
I understand completely. I'm pretty much in the same boat, sans the ancient dwelling. :) Cons down my way are pretty crappy, or terribly small. I've been going to GenCon, and will be in 2013, but as it is now, I can only afford to go once every two years. Such is life. :P
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

CKDad

Post by CKDad »

Sir Osis (Gerry) has stepped up to assist with running the tourney at GaryCon, and initial design is in progress. Once there's an actual draft I'll circulate it to those who've volunteered design assistance.

There may also be a third CK so I'm shooting for six sessions, six players per session. We'll see how that goes.

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

John, while life has pretty much removed my activity I can say for sure I will be at GaryCon and can GM - I would be happy to take part in this.

John
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

CKDad

Post by CKDad »

Thanks John!

Adventure writing is in-progress. Also plan to circulate my proposed schedule to the GM volunteers.

BudaZoa
Hlobane Orc

Post by BudaZoa »

This sounds epic !

I would love to be apart of this, not sure I can swing it though.
I'd rather be hated for who I am

Than loved for who I am not.