Anyone in the Dallas Texas Area ?

A forum to discuss Endless Worlds Organised Play events.
(NOTE: This was the Society News forum and has legacy threads that have not yet been sorted)
BudaZoa
Hlobane Orc

Anyone in the Dallas Texas Area ?

Post by BudaZoa »

I have been on tons of meet up groups to find people to roll some dice with and the majority are playin pathfinder.

Some run 2ed and few even know what 1ed or OD&D are,

So you shouldn't be surprised to hear that NO ONE, not even people at the comic/gamer shops around my way, have even heard of C&C. They have all been brainwashed in my area !

I need to find some fellow crusaders around my way to play some rpg the way it was meant to be played !

I can CK but would prefer to play (I was main CK/DM for many moons in the NYC area).
I'd rather be hated for who I am

Than loved for who I am not.

Omote
Battle Stag

Re: Anyone in the Dallas Texas Area ?

Post by Omote »

Good luck, and SPREAD THE FAITH FELLOW CRUSADER!

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

Do you have a name for your campaign? Just ask if they want to adventure in "YOUR CAMPAIGN'S NAME." If they ask what rules you'll be using, just say a modified version of D&D.

What do players need to know rules for, anyway?
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

Valens
Mist Elf

Post by Valens »

I'm up in the North Dallas / Addison Area ;) we do have a small group that plays C&C however, the wife is running it as a first time gming, and pretty timid about new folks, but I wouldn't mind hopping in another game or even running one depending on the details.

BudaZoa
Hlobane Orc

Post by BudaZoa »

I don't have a campaign planned , I am looking to find C&C players in my area either to possibly join a group already playing or if a group is formed and wishing me to CK it, I can but would rather be a player (see original post.) Obviously I am interested in gettin some C&C goin.

I am not too far from Addison, I am in Grand Prairie (used to live in Addison), I would trek it for a C&C campaign. If people would rather run it at my place, we could discuss the details. As stated in earlier post, I don't know many dice rollers in this state, I might be able to convince the mrs and one other dude , but the mrs isn't too fond of rpg after attempting a strict 1ed campaign that failed with a group that wasn't too familiar with it other than me(including the DM.)

I would have to play on the weekends work is kinda crazy during the week (work nights). I am not sure how often you would be interested in playing, but I would love to get either a weekly or bi-weekly game goin.

What other details do ya need ? Lets get it goin !

Post my rules ?

We don't need no stinkin rules , this is C&C... you want to do something, roleplay it and make the siege !

Harlock
Ungern

Post by Harlock »

4 hours east of me, but I wish you luck! Surely if I can find a group here in San Angelo you can find one in the Metroplex!
~~~~~R.I.P~~~~~
Tom Moldvay
Nov. 5, 1948 – March 9, 2007
B/X, B4, X2 - You were D&D to me

Valens
Mist Elf

Post by Valens »

Sorry for not replying earlier Iam in the middle of getting a new job, that being said I don't know what my weekend schedule will be.

Valens
Mist Elf

Post by Valens »

O.k. got my schedule and it looks like I will be working weekends so sadly I don't think our schedules would be compatible. I would recommend the following places to check locally The DFW Roleplayers Group on Meetup & Facebook, and also www.penandpapergames.com,Generation X comics in Bedford may also be an option to find players.

BudaZoa
Hlobane Orc

Post by BudaZoa »

I dont do facebook.

I am on several meet up sights, most of them run pathfinder. And the Gygax rpgr's group here in Texas is dead ! And no one on their forums even knew what C&C was. UNREAL !

This is also where I found the 1ed group that I have been running with lately.

I am trying my damnest to convert them to C&C but it will take a while. I am running with a first time DM and primarily a group of people new to 1ed. All 3.5 players. They are all having a hard time trying to play a system that allows you to do things not written on your character sheets.

I am thinking if they are thrown off by 1ed they will lose it even further with C&C.

My quest continues ...

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

Gee whiz, does this mean your group will NEVER experience the joy of leaping onto a chandelier and swinging over or into a fray? Never try to outwit or riddle a dragon instead of attacking it?

Aw, man -- do as I've done. Get some kids. I mean really young kids of 7 years old or thereabouts. Offer them the chance to do things that they can't in videogames, and NOT do things which they do in videogames (such as jump on an enemy's sword and float over their head). The kids will surprise you. Their imaginations have been getting locked up and limited, and when they discover that they can TRY anything (but not necessarily succeed) they try the most entertaining stunts!
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

BudaZoa
Hlobane Orc

Post by BudaZoa »

My quest is continuous here in Texas, that doesnt mean it is over .

I think If I tried to rally up some "YUTES" here in Texas I would be tarred and feathered .

too funny

j/k

I will corrupt some rpgrz sooner or later and enlighten them to the ways of the siege .

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

Wotsa yute?
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet

Valens
Mist Elf

Post by Valens »

"youths"

I'm not the only northerner stuck in TX ;)

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

Ah. Thank you for the translation!

"Youths" are easy to find when you're grandpa, even for neighborhood kids who are no relation to you.
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet

BudaZoa
Hlobane Orc

Post by BudaZoa »

Its a quote from the movie My Cousin Vinny.

I am originally from NYC.

Stick out like a sore thumb in these parts.

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

BudaZoa wrote:I am originally from NYC.
Isn't that where they perform CPR by standing over the victim, shouting "Get UP before ya freakin' DIE!!"
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet

BudaZoa
Hlobane Orc

Post by BudaZoa »

You saying that reminds me of one of my friends in a campaign I ran that led to the Against the Giants (drow series) modules.

One of the main characters, a high level druid has fallen to 0 HP and a player (who was running a eight level cleric) in the heat of the battle, looks over at the fallen druid and screams angrily at the person playing the druid " Gromwold, get up" instead of healing him as he enters combat.

Funny as hell !

see what kind of anarchy you could have with a crazy New Yawka...

Come on Cowboys in Texas, lets roll some dice !

BudaZoa
Hlobane Orc

Post by BudaZoa »

I no loner have Saturdays off and am willing to try and start a campaign on Friday or Sunday evenings. Friday evenings or even after noon til evenings(have Fridays off) would be sweet if we could draw some players.

I can either CK or be a player.

BudaZoa
Hlobane Orc

Post by BudaZoa »

Finally !

I repeat...

FINALLY

I found some people who want to play C&C in the Dallas Texas area !

I will convert all these gamer to the way of The Siege !

These people have no idea what they are in for...

I am considering opening the campaign with the most hyped module from Troll Lord (other than zaggy, obviously), U1 Shadows of The Halfling Hall

and once I have them hooked.... It's off to ravenloft !

Does Troll Lords still have this module for sale at the site or do I need to hunt this down ?

This will slowly start the Take Over of Dallas area gaming, converting people to C&C one session at a time...

DeadReborn
Ulthal

Post by DeadReborn »

BudaZoa wrote: I am considering opening the campaign with the most hyped module from Troll Lord (other than zaggy, obviously), U1 Shadows of The Halfling Hall

and once I have them hooked.... It's off to ravenloft !

Does Troll Lords still have this module for sale at the site or do I need to hunt this down?
They do still have it and it's been marked down to $2.00.

Link

Good luck with the campaign. I ran some C&C in Ravenloft a little ways back and had a blast. If your interested, I have write ups of the sessions here.
"My simple card trick has turned you into an ice cream cone!
Which means...I AM A LEVEL TEN WIZARD!"-SpongeBob SquarePants

BudaZoa
Hlobane Orc

Post by BudaZoa »

Is that a pdf or paper module ?

Lookin for the paper module.

DeadReborn
Ulthal

Post by DeadReborn »

It's the paper version.
"My simple card trick has turned you into an ice cream cone!
Which means...I AM A LEVEL TEN WIZARD!"-SpongeBob SquarePants

BudaZoa
Hlobane Orc

Post by BudaZoa »

Link

Good luck with the campaign. I ran some C&C in Ravenloft a little ways back and had a blast. If your interested, I have write ups of the sessions here.[/quote]

That was actually the opening module I was thinking of running as the intro to the ravenloft campaign "Night of the Walking Dead (RQ1)" ... Too Funny !

Then running the original Ravenloft module from 1ed. and just takin it from there.

Going to created my own Ravenloft realm on the prime material plane with the idea behind the initial Module I^, but expanding it to a continent as opposed to different world/dimension.

I would like my PC's to be third level before entering this evil realm. Hense the Shadows of the Halfling Hall and some side adventures.

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

Aww yeah, bro. Let us know how yer C&C game went/goes. I havent had enough time to game lately, but ran a two session C&C game about a month and a half ago and it was a lot of fun. Hopefully after the holidays are over, Ill be positioned for "moar gaemingz".
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

BudaZoa
Hlobane Orc

Post by BudaZoa »

First session will be a week from today,

Excited to be playin C&C, its been a while since I have CK'd a campaign.

Been playing in 1ed AD&D since moving to Texas.

BudaZoa
Hlobane Orc

Post by BudaZoa »

The first session has ended and we have three new Crusaders in the Dallas Texas area.

I started the campaign with an introduction that is leading into the Shadows of The Halfling Hall.

People really got into the mechanic of the siege. The only down side was a player backing away from a spellcaster(illusionist) because he didnt quite understand the class and spells.

We have a half-orc tribal Warrior(monk), a human Knight and a gnome Bard. I aided the pcs with a npc cleric.

I never read the open discription of monk in C&C before, how it isnt restricting the player to a sterio typical monk that other systems have portrayed them as.

I like it, our monk came up with an outstanding background for his character as did our knight.

Players got into the system and the storyline.

Dallas players have spoken they want more C&C. We are going to begin the campaign with meeting once a month and take it from there.

It is going to be difficult to maintain playing in a 1ed campaign while CK'n a C&C campaign. It will make me want to rioll sieges for my D&D character... also remind me how limiting other systems can be.

More to come !

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Maybe we can both make the North Texas RPG con in June. It is primarily for 1E AD&D and the Swords and Wizardry clone, but a good half dozen C&C players were there this past June. Which includes my daughter and myself.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

BudaZoa
Hlobane Orc

Post by BudaZoa »

Treebore wrote:Maybe we can both make the North Texas RPG con in June. It is primarily for 1E AD&D and the Swords and Wizardry clone, but a good half dozen C&C players were there this past June. Which includes my daughter and myself.

I say we light up this con Troll Lords style with a kick ass game of C&C. I know a few people from meet ups who hit this to play OD&D and some of the peeps from the 1ed campaign I play in hit this for 1ed games. I think if we can get a C&C table goin, we can pack it .

I am definitely down to convert some more in this area to C&C.

If nothing else, we can get a kick ass session out of it.

BudaZoa
Hlobane Orc

Post by BudaZoa »

Converted four new players in the Dallas area to C&C !

Muahahahahahahaha!

Slowly converting playings to the darkside !

Whats up with the North Texas RPG con in June ? I can bring a few from my campaign for sure if you get a table running !

Already have some interest drawn up about it , for highlights of recent activities of this campaign check out our Meet up group link here :http://www.meetup.com/role-playing-rpg- ... d/29419632

BudaZoa
Hlobane Orc

Post by BudaZoa »

The most recent session is a prelude to Halfling Halls which is in progress with the original group. Next session all will be caught up ihn the campaign timeline and together. The most recent recap was all of these players first time and I had to wing the old Jester Class from dungeon magazine which I fully revamped for C&C.