Delving Deeper update?

TLG d20, Necromancer Games and general. Discuss any game not covered in another forum.
Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Delving Deeper update?

Post by Sir Ironside »

I check the Brave Halfling website on a pretty regular basis, and the information for Delving Deeper comes out in trickles. Since we have been waiting since (February?) of the original release date, it has been frustrating to keep hearing, "It's almost done." "It'll be coming out soon." since that time. The last update says they are half way through assembly and pics will be posted soon. Now it has been awhile since that post and nada.

I hate to rag on BHP but faith only goes so far. Anyone know when the big event will happen?
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Delving Deeper update?

Post by Treebore »

I know John moved earlier this year, and I also know his real life job and life often interfere with his desired plans, so I just have no expectations and just wait in hope to see whatever project comes out next.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

He's a member of this forum. Perhaps sending him a PM will trigger an email and thus, his attention.

I too am curious about what is going on.

Hopefully, all is well with John and his family.

:)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

redwullf
Ulthal

Post by redwullf »

John sent an email update not long after you posted, Sir Ironside. From the looks of things we should expect to receive them during the last week of November and 1st week of December.
"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs. He presents opportunities
for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” -- E. G. G.

--------------------------------------------------
Castles & Crusades Society Member

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

redwullf wrote:John sent an email update not long after you posted, Sir Ironside. From the looks of things we should expect to receive them during the last week of November and 1st week of December.
Interesting. I never got the e-mail.

redwullf
Ulthal

Post by redwullf »

Sir Ironside wrote:
redwullf wrote:John sent an email update not long after you posted, Sir Ironside. From the looks of things we should expect to receive them during the last week of November and 1st week of December.
Interesting. I never got the e-mail.
I'd shoot John and email to let him know you need to be added to the distribution. Here's the email he sent:
Hey folks!

Real life and my day job have been kicking my butt in the last few weeks, (personal illness sweeping through the halfling clan, many very serious health situations in the church I pastor and then I had to attend a clergy conference at the last minute this week) so the Boxed Sets are not ready to ship yet - but we are very close. :)

The rest of the booklets will all be emailed out by Monday. I have started printing, binding and trimming booklets and I will begin assembling the boxed sets next week (with plenty of pictures). With my new print shop/shipping room, I can create hundreds of booklets a day now. I will send out a final email next week as well to make sure we have the correct addresses for shipping. Then they will begin shipping the week after Thanksgiving (the family will be out-of-state for the holiday) and it will probably take two full weeks to get them all shipped. I am SO ready to see all these boxes go to their new homes.

That's where we stand. I sure do appreciate your support and your patience.

--
-John Adams (Coleston the Cavalier)
Brave Halfling Publishing

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Good news!! :)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

The download version is on RPGNow. I have a copy and I am impressed. If I ever get back to an OD&D based game I will be adding in ideas from it.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

John sent out a link to those who purchased it, which has all five booklets in PDF form with Art. Very nice to see the final layout and looking forward to getting the box set and trying out this game out this game over the Christmas holidays.

As a side note From the Brave Halfling Facebook yesterday (30 November 2012 at 0715AM) page it says:

"Binding and trimming Blackmarsh booklets for the Delving Deeper Boxed Sets."
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

TheMetal1 wrote:John sent out a link to those who purchased it, which has all five booklets in PDF form with Art. Very nice to see the final layout and looking forward to getting the box set and trying out this game out this game over the Christmas holidays.
Yeah contacted John and I was misplaced in the Kickstarter purchase. All is fine now. Got the pdf's. :)
TheMetal1 wrote:As a side note From the Brave Halfling Facebook yesterday (30 November 2012 at 0715AM) page it says:

I wish he'd update on the website. Not all of us have Facebook.

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

Sir Ironside wrote:Yeah contacted John and I was misplaced in the Kickstarter purchase. All is fine now. Got the pdf's.

TheMetal1 wrote:
As a side note From the Brave Halfling Facebook yesterday (30 November 2012 at 0715AM) page it says:

I wish he'd update on the website. Not all of us have Facebook.
So what do you think, have you had a chance to glance through the PDFs yet?

You can still see the Facebook updates even if you don't have an account, John has a sidebar on the main Brave Halfling page that posts all his Facebook comments.
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

TheMetal1 wrote:So what do you think, have you had a chance to glance through the PDFs yet?
Nope not yet. I'll get around to it, though I'd rather read it deadtree style. Not much of a fan of pdf's.
TheMetal1 wrote:You can still see the Facebook updates even if you don't have an account, John has a sidebar on the main Brave Halfling page that posts all his Facebook comments.
Shows how little I know about Facebook. I'll try to keep that in mind.

mordrene
Ulthal

Post by mordrene »

thread highjacking here. i ike the delving deeper set but i found an issue. while an optional class i do not like their version of the thief. more specific the thiefs skills static and do not improve over thevels of exp. other than thats is a good clone of the three lbbs.

redwullf
Ulthal

Post by redwullf »

mordrene wrote:thread highjacking here. i ike the delving deeper set but i found an issue. while an optional class i do not like their version of the thief. more specific the thiefs skills static and do not improve over thevels of exp. other than thats is a good clone of the three lbbs.
Wait. You got the box or are you talking about the PDFs?

mordrene
Ulthal

Post by mordrene »

the pdfs. didnt know there was a difference. :?

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

mordrene wrote:the pdfs. didnt know there was a difference. :?
All I can guess is Redwulf misinterpreted your post and assumed you got your boxed set, suggesting that maybe they have been shipped.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Wait! The Delving Deeper boxes have shipped?!

~ ;)
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

mordrene
Ulthal

Post by mordrene »

Omote wrote:Wait! The Delving Deeper boxes have shipped?!

~ ;)
nice

redwullf
Ulthal

Post by redwullf »

Sir Ironside wrote:
mordrene wrote:the pdfs. didnt know there was a difference. :?
All I can guess is Redwulf misinterpreted your post and assumed you got your boxed set, suggesting that maybe they have been shipped.
You guess correctly. I dared to hope they were shipping. :(

With that out of the way, however, I did want to address the concern about the Thief that was raised. Though it's true that, as written, the thief's skills don't improve, they are accomplished on a fairly impressive 4 in 6 chance (3-6 on 1d6). From first level on, the Thief will nail his skill checks 2/3 of the time, which is much better than most checks for low level thieves in versions of "the game." Having said that, I do agree with you that there's room for improvement. I would recommend house ruling an improvement to 5 in 6 at level 10 and beyond, meaning the thief will only miss his check on a "1." Just a thought.

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

redwullf wrote:With that out of the way, however, I did want to address the concern about the Thief that was raised. Though it's true that, as written, the thief's skills don't improve, they are accomplished on a fairly impressive 4 in 6 chance (3-6 on 1d6). From first level on, the Thief will nail his skill checks 2/3 of the time, which is much better than most checks for low level thieves in versions of "the game." Having said that, I do agree with you that there's room for improvement. I would recommend house ruling an improvement to 5 in 6 at level 10 and beyond, meaning the thief will only miss his check on a "1." Just a thought.
Eh... I'm a purist. The original books really didn't think of high levels, only the thought of going higher- which we are used to- really wasn't its intention. Played, as is, it is fine IMO.

redwullf
Ulthal

Post by redwullf »

Sir Ironside wrote:
redwullf wrote:With that out of the way, however, I did want to address the concern about the Thief that was raised. Though it's true that, as written, the thief's skills don't improve, they are accomplished on a fairly impressive 4 in 6 chance (3-6 on 1d6). From first level on, the Thief will nail his skill checks 2/3 of the time, which is much better than most checks for low level thieves in versions of "the game." Having said that, I do agree with you that there's room for improvement. I would recommend house ruling an improvement to 5 in 6 at level 10 and beyond, meaning the thief will only miss his check on a "1." Just a thought.
Eh... I'm a purist. The original books really didn't think of high levels, only the thought of going higher- which we are used to- really wasn't its intention. Played, as is, it is fine IMO.
You'll get no objections here. After all, my suggestion implies that the thief ever makes it to 10th level. Properly played, this should take years of play and an extraordinary amount of good fortune. ;)

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

(stirring the pot)
If yer playin' old Skool, Gandalf was 5th level, so yeah, 10th would take some time.

:D
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

redwullf wrote: I'd shoot John and email to let him know you need to be added to the distribution.
Seems a little extreme. And then you wouldn't really be able to e-mail him.
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

MormonYoYoMan wrote:
redwullf wrote: I'd shoot John and email to let him know you need to be added to the distribution.
Seems a little extreme. And then you wouldn't really be able to e-mail him.
Depends on how you look at it. This seems like the perfect crime. :twisted:

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

Dunno if it's a crime yet, but communication would be good. No response on his Facialbook page. Has anyone heard from him? Is he all right?
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

redwullf
Ulthal

Post by redwullf »

MormonYoYoMan wrote:Dunno if it's a crime yet, but communication would be good. No response on his Facialbook page. Has anyone heard from him? Is he all right?
John posted on his blog on the 12th, but there's no new update for Delving Deeper. It's been over a year since I preordered this, now. Over a year...

mgtremaine
Ulthal

Post by mgtremaine »

Last "official word" was Dec 14th, posted at on Fin's ODD74 board.

Dec 14, 2012, 8:56am, mgtremaine wrote:
So...... Early next week shipping? Maybe? It's look pretty tight for x-mas.

-Mike

[John's reply]
Yes. Most of them should ship by Monday. I am trying to get them ready quicker, but I make each booklet by hand and that takes time. And each box contains a number of booklets.

mgtremaine
Ulthal

Post by mgtremaine »

Latest Word is "Go"...! John posted on Facebook that he is shipping today. Not sure how many went out but the fact that some left today is awesome news!

-Mike

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

Right on the Brave Halfling Front page it says: http://bravehalfling.com/
DELVING DEEPER
PRE-ORDERS ARE NOW SHIPPING.
So a big +1 on the awesome news! Might have in my hands for Christmas and my semi-annual Geekfest with my old neighborhood gaming group. Hoody Hoo!
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

mgtremaine wrote:Latest Word is "Go"...! John posted on Facebook that he is shipping today. Not sure how many went out but the fact that some left today is awesome news!

-Mike
But is it "today" today, or is it pre-dated October 2013? :mrgreen:
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet