Domesday VII

A forum to discuss Endless Worlds Organised Play events.
(NOTE: This was the Society News forum and has legacy threads that have not yet been sorted)
Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Domesday VII

Post by Julian Grimm »

I haven't heard anything fro Pat about what is going on with issue VII so I decided to start a thread on the subject. I am guessing we are looking at mid-January or early February for the next issue. Also, I was wondering if we could get feedback on the past few issues as far as what you liked and what you want to see in future issues.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Re: Domesday VII

Post by moriarty777 »

Hehe... Don't frequent here as often as I used to. Recovering and re-establishing a routine now that the holidays are behind us so I need about another week or so before I start to turn my full attention on this. Given the holidays, and the fact that little was getting done as far as writing and editing was concerned, I was thinking of a late Feb. release for the Winter issue. After that, the Spring issue would follow for a release at the beginning of May.

And Feedback on the Domesday is always welcome!

M

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I think the layout was fine, the content better, and the resurgence great.

If you want to use anymore of that Arcanum conversion, feel free. There's a lot of it.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Well, I have a write up for you. It's a area/family history, and some magic items. Let me read over it once or twice more and clean it up a bit.

I have a second write up idea about guilds/brother hoods. I don't know if I'll get it done. If I do it'll be headed your way!!!
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Andred of Albans
Hlobane Orc

Post by Andred of Albans »

I have another article (I realize you are still publishing the next installment of my feudal economy article) on religion in FRPG - I will clean it up and send it along for your consideration.
Visit my

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

What's the deadline?
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Hello all... deadlines important sometimes. ;)

Here's the deadline for submissions to issue VII -- Feb.8, 2013 at midnight (EST). The sucker will hit layout / editing the 9th with actual release happening the last week of Feb.

Thanks for the interest and I will weigh a bit more in later this week.

Submissions can be sent to 'domesday (at) arcanacreations (dot) com'

M

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

serleran wrote:I think the layout was fine, the content better, and the resurgence great.

If you want to use anymore of that Arcanum conversion, feel free. There's a lot of it.

Thanks Robert! I may very well select something from the massive amounts you've converted! :)

M

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Lurker wrote:Well, I have a write up for you. It's a area/family history, and some magic items. Let me read over it once or twice more and clean it up a bit.

I have a second write up idea about guilds/brother hoods. I don't know if I'll get it done. If I do it'll be headed your way!!!

Both sound great -- the area/family history/magic items piece would be a great little piece which could be drops in one's campaign. Same goes for the second idea!

M

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Andred of Albans wrote:I have another article (I realize you are still publishing the next installment of my feudal economy article) on religion in FRPG - I will clean it up and send it along for your consideration.
I look forward to seeing this! Thanks!

M

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

New child's sleeping schedule may have a lot to say about it, but I will strive to get some art cobbled together for y'all, and may even cobble together a monster or three.
- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

moriarty777 wrote:
Both sound great -- the area/family history/magic items piece would be a great little piece which could be drops in one's campaign. Same goes for the second idea!

M
Well the area/family history & assoicated items is finished and headed your way. Hope you like it!
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

C&C Society

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Unfortunately some recent personal things (Nothing bad) have not given me time to write. I am hoping to get crackin again once I can get things balanced.
Lord Skystorm

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Lurker wrote:
moriarty777 wrote:

M
Well the area/family history & assoicated items is finished and headed your way. Hope you like it!
I've mismanaged my time, or just gotten toooooooo old for 12-14 hour shifts plus doing things for fun, so I won't finish the Guild/brotherhood article in time. It's about 75% finished ... That said, it'll be ready for Domesday VIII.

Oh yeah, did you get my article I sent a few weeks ago ????

C&C Society

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

I'm not sure I'll have anything ready either. :( these past few months have been kicking my ass.
Bill D.

DeadReborn
Ulthal

Post by DeadReborn »

I've had an idea for a corruption type mechanic dealing with Shadow magic. Shadows play in integral part in the home brew world I've been working, but I figure it could fit in other settings as well. But, I don't know when I'll get around to writing the article, being the new baby is arriving soon.
Relaxo wrote:I'm not sure I'll have anything ready either. :( these past few months have been kicking my ass.
I hope everything's alright, Bill.
"My simple card trick has turned you into an ice cream cone!
Which means...I AM A LEVEL TEN WIZARD!"-SpongeBob SquarePants

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

I looked at some stuff I have and may make it to the deadline. If not, I do stand ready to assist in any way I can.
Lord Skystorm

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

See? I told you all I don't frequent these boards as much as I used to! ;)

I haven't forgotten about this and have been mindful about the original deadline set (being Feb 8th).

To date, I've gotten a couple of submissions (one of them yours Lurker -- the stuff looks great!). I also still have been granted permission to use some of Serl's material (like the previous issue's Harlot class) and, of course, I have more of the Feudal Economy series going. I also have a couple of other things up my sleeve.

So, for those of you who were still polishing up some stuff -- consider this your reminder! ;)

Bill -- I completely understand 'time' getting the better of you. Sometimes things seem to happen all at once and when you combine regular 9-5 stuff on top of everything outside of work, it can just suck so very much. Hang in there buddy!

DeadReborn -- sounds like it could be a cool article. If it can't happen for this issue, maybe the next one?

Julian -- I will send you an email towards the end of the weekend.

M

Dungeoneer
Mist Elf

Post by Dungeoneer »

I'll have a short article on bringing Dragon Age stunts into C&C. I've figured out the vehicle, now have to work on the stunts.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Editorial has been sent to Pat today. One of those skin of my teeth things. But since it was the 8th rewrite I figured I needed to just give it up and send it out warts and all. Not my best work. :oops:
Lord Skystorm

DougP
Mist Elf

Post by DougP »

Where can one find the previous issues? I have 1-4, but missed 5 & 6.
Thanks!

DeadReborn
Ulthal

Post by DeadReborn »

Issue V:
Link

Issue VI:
Link

Enjoy!

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

DeadReborn, or anyone else, have a link to issue 4? Somehow I missed that one. Thanks.

DeadReborn
Ulthal

Post by DeadReborn »

Issue IV:

Link

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

DeadReborn wrote:Issue IV:

Link
Thanks a bunch!

DeadReborn
Ulthal

Post by DeadReborn »

No problem. I'm a little partial to issue IV. ;)

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

I am making a mental note that we need to get these downloads in one place. Something that we will need is a centralized website for this stuff. I think someone had one but I can't remember who. . .
Lord Skystorm

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Julian Grimm wrote:I am making a mental note that we need to get these downloads in one place. Something that we will need is a centralized website for this stuff. I think someone had one but I can't remember who. . .
I've got space and I've stated I would be more than happy to do it (currently store the recent issues) but I hadn't gotten around to making a 'pretty web page' for that stuff. My bad. At the time, Ning was still being used but it has recently gone the way of the dodo. I think Seskis had reactivated the space that used to house files.

Once the current issue being worked on has been put to bed, I'll take the hour or so to through up an archive of files up for the Society. At the very least, it will be a mirror to whatever other site might be available to do the same thing.

M

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

Hi all!
Thanks for the kind words; nothing no one else hasn't gone thru, just all at once makes it more interesting. :-)

Can't wait to see the next DD!

Pat, as always, please let me help if you need anything!

Cheers all!
Bill D.

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

As I mentioned on my blog earlier today, Domesday VII has now been delayed for an indeterminate amount of time. The computer is down for the count and will need to get repaired or replaced. No information has been lost but the computer is presently unusable.

I still have online access and will update you guys when I have more information to share. Naturally, I will keep on blogging during this period thanks to my tablet (and keyboard dock).

M