TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
Dungeoneer
Mist Elf

Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)

Post by Dungeoneer »

Darn missed out on the $50 level. Darn you paypal!

Natha
Mist Elf

Post by Natha »

Sir Ironside wrote:
Natha wrote:Hi all.
I'm confused.
Are the preorders closed ?
Because they can still be accessed by the link send in recent e-mails (http://www.trolllord.com/cnc/preorders.html) ?
Go here instead. http://www.trolllord.com/store/product_ ... cts_id=202

And welcome to the forum!
Thanks and thanks.
ImageImageImageImage

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

This and Rune Lore have been delayed long enough (though back in the hopper now) that we have put Rune Lore back up on Pre-Order. You can view all your options here.

The Codex will go back up as Rune Lore comes down, which should be in about 3 weeks I suspect.

Thanks!
Steve

gabriellyon
Hlobane Orc

Post by gabriellyon »

Can a friendly troll please provide us with an update on this product when they have a moment? Thank you kindly

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Greetings Gabriellyon,

We are compiling certain history sections...namely the racial histories... and have begun the editing the countries. I'm hoping to have this completed and ready for layout by end of December, though that depends on how things go on other fronts.

Sadly, its the book I want to work on the most!

Steve

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

Troll Lord wrote:We are compiling certain history sections...namely the racial histories... and have begun the editing the countries. I'm hoping to have this completed and ready for layout by end of December, though that depends on how things go on other fronts.
Is there going to be a call-out for those of us that bought the Kickstarter level to add a character/place/magic item? If there has been one I'm not aware of it either on the forum or by e-mail. Haven't a clue were to send my submission.
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

Troll Root
Ungern

Post by Troll Root »

Dang this book is slow as molasses!! As soon as Steve wraps up Rune Lore, he will be back hammering on Aihrde!

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

RL and Codex will be ready in time for Vision Con?? February is right around the corner.

Troll Root
Ungern

Post by Troll Root »

A great possibility my good sir!

Troll Root
Ungern

Post by Troll Root »

This project is really dear to me. It encompasses years of gaming from our group.

zacharythefirst
Red Cap

Post by zacharythefirst »

How's this one coming? I have a new campaign coming up soon, and I'd love to use Aihrde for it!
Come, my friends,
'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the western stars, until I die.
-Tennyson

Storycrafter
Mist Elf

Post by Storycrafter »

zacharythefirst wrote:How's this one coming? I have a new campaign coming up soon, and I'd love to use Aihrde for it!
Not to mention gaming at GaryCon, to which Steve seems to have committed to going (I see his event is up). What are my chances I'll be getting my copy there, I wonder? Howsabouta pre-release copy to let us give a new option to players this year?

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

zacharythefirst wrote:How's this one coming? I have a new campaign coming up soon, and I'd love to use Aihrde for it!
If this does not come out in time the old folio release for C&C has plenty to get up and running with. If you can get your hands on the old D20 Codex as well, you'll have all the background history and flavor elements you could possibly need to get it started off right.

So doing an Aihrde campaign does not rely on this being released.

Heck, just buying and looking at that laminated map set will probably be all you need to get you going. Just looking at it and all the names should get your imagination going, no matter what the "canon" says.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

gabriellyon
Hlobane Orc

Post by gabriellyon »

I am another one who is holding off on starting a c&c campaign until this book arrives. I did pick up the town of Kalas but will wait till this shows up before beginning. It doesn't make sense to me to pick up the other books Treebore listed unless time was of the essence, which in my case it isn't. The one thing I have struggled with is that I have a hard time justifying any other preorders or kickstarters for tlg books until this one arrives. I will just trust that the trolls will do their best to release a product that really shows what they are capable of. Looking forward to its eventual release.

Harlock
Ungern

Post by Harlock »

Any guess of an ETA on this one?
~~~~~R.I.P~~~~~
Tom Moldvay
Nov. 5, 1948 – March 9, 2007
B/X, B4, X2 - You were D&D to me

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

Goodness! It's been so long that I forgot I had pre-ordered this! And I seem to remember submitting an NPC or a village or an outhouse or something for it.

But that was so long ago and far away. Day before yesterday, maybe? I forget. :oops:
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

As an Aihrde fan, I already own everything printed on it, and yet...I can't wait to get my hands on this new version. Yes. It's a sickness.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Rune Lore and Codex Cetlarum have rolled off my desk and the Codex is all I'm working now. I've organized all the files and will have a good idea of where I stand by Friday. I'll try to post a solid update.

I am working on a new angle here, the history of the world will be presented 3-4 times (haven't decided yet). A general one told in Saga format, and then a history from the point of view of the dwarves, the elves and the humans; their world view is different. For instance it is told in the tales that the All Father died, and this may be so as far as elves and humans think, but no dwarf would believe that. He is the All Father, more than bone and sinew . . .

Anyway, work has at last recommenced on this SOB!

Steve

gabriellyon
Hlobane Orc

Post by gabriellyon »

An interesting idea to show the history of the world from view points of the major races but isn't there a risk of a lot of repetition? Would it be possible to write a general history with annotations where each race differs instead of retelling it multiple times? I would rather have more details about area's, people and places of interest, but that is just my own opinion. I am really glad to hear the project is continuing and look forward to seeing it when it comes out.

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

gabriellyon wrote:An interesting idea to show the history of the world from view points of the major races but isn't there a risk of a lot of repetition? Would it be possible to write a general history with annotations where each race differs instead of retelling it multiple times? I would rather have more details about area's, people and places of interest, but that is just my own opinion. I am really glad to hear the project is continuing and look forward to seeing it when it comes out.
This matches my opinion as well. :)

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Well, the dwarves, at least, would be pretty different, since the "All Father" would be alive. So some pretty major events would be told very differently with him alive rather than dead.

Plus I agree with the dwarves. The All Father is not dead. How could he be? He is just not in touch, not manifesting in a physical body, something. To the point where when I ran the A series to its conclusion, my own conclusion since the series isn't even finished yet, the heroes succeeded in "resurrecting" the All Father. Which from my view was just a summoning, by a group of people heroic enough to do what was required to do so.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Arakor
Hlobane Orc

Post by Arakor »

Taking that thought further, what about Mordain and Thorax??

According to the canon material, Mordain was slain by Thorax Red Bull before he himself was slain by Corthain. Does that mean that they're not really dead, just currently out of touch?

I kinda like that idea and it meshes in with something that I've been reading in The Primal Order. Having been reduced to their primal base, they are no longer sentient and do not exist as deities any more but their clerics can still receive spells as the Sphere of Influence/Domains are still active and powered by that Primal Base.

Perhaps a heroic quest can be undertaken to allow a group of mortals to accumulate enough Primal Essence to reawaken them - Corthain help them if they choose to bring back Thorax.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Arakor wrote:Taking that thought further, what about Mordain and Thorax??

According to the canon material, Mordain was slain by Thorax Red Bull before he himself was slain by Corthain. Does that mean that they're not really dead, just currently out of touch?

I kinda like that idea and it meshes in with something that I've been reading in The Primal Order. Having been reduced to their primal base, they are no longer sentient and do not exist as deities any more but their clerics can still receive spells as the Sphere of Influence/Domains are still active and powered by that Primal Base.

Perhaps a heroic quest can be undertaken to allow a group of mortals to accumulate enough Primal Essence to reawaken them - Corthain help them if they choose to bring back Thorax.
That could definitely work. Just with the All Father, he created everything. So its hard for me to think that the creator of everything, and life and death itself, is actually "dead". Thorax and Mordain are no where near as powerful, but that power they possessed may very well still be somewhere. You could also base it on the scientific law of "energy cannot be created, nor destroyed", or however it is worded.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:

That could definitely work. Just with the All Father, he created everything. So its hard for me to think that the creator of everything, and life and death itself, is actually "dead". Thorax and Mordain are no where near as powerful, but that power they possessed may very well still be somewhere. You could also base it on the scientific law of "energy cannot be created, nor destroyed", or however it is worded.
My take on Mordius is that her essence still exists, especially in the Mordius Trees (I think I read that in the old d20 Codex). Therefore, clerics and druids of Mordius can still access spells and special powers. I never really gave much thought to Thorax, but it would make sense that his essence is still floating around somewhere too.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Treebore wrote:Well, the dwarves, at least, would be pretty different, since the "All Father" would be alive. So some pretty major events would be told very differently with him alive rather than dead.

Plus I agree with the dwarves. The All Father is not dead. How could he be? He is just not in touch, not manifesting in a physical body, something. To the point where when I ran the A series to its conclusion, my own conclusion since the series isn't even finished yet, the heroes succeeded in "resurrecting" the All Father. Which from my view was just a summoning, by a group of people heroic enough to do what was required to do so.
Hammer meet nail. Exactly. The All Father's death represents his continued act of creation. As noted in the Codex, his real purpose isn't some deity wherein he creates a world and guides it through action etc. His joy is in creation (Inzae's is in destruction) and he moves on to other projects. Such is the fate of Aihrde. "Summoning" him back works beautifully with the concept of the All Father. It works in the same manner that when he discovered the gods destroying his world he built the Wall of Worlds to keep others out. He didn't stop them, or force them one way or the other (that was Corthain) but he minimized the destruction...sort of like building a trench in front of a sand castle on the beach to keep the tide out.

Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Exactly. These gods are part of the All Father and as such, not so easy to force from existence.

Thorax, The Red Bull, has only been scattered; the Cloak of Red is in fact the god, but Frafnog tore that the tatters and scattered it about the world. When Corthain slew thorax so that his body "seeped into a morass of tar and ichor" it only represented the greater part of his strength was spent. But if brought back to him, like a Rune Mark's Relic, the god can rise again from the pits of time.

In the same vain Mordius fell at Thorax's hands and her blood fed the trees of the world. Her essence however is caught up in the longevity of the elves and their history will reveal more of her.

Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Rigon wrote:
Treebore wrote:

My take on Mordius is that her essence still exists, especially in the Mordius Trees (I think I read that in the old d20 Codex). Therefore, clerics and druids of Mordius can still access spells and special powers. I never really gave much thought to Thorax, but it would make sense that his essence is still floating around somewhere too.

R-
Spot on!!

Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

I made some great progress on this project this past week. Very pumped about it. It will go much faster than previous projects (aka Rune Lore).

Trollzah!
Steve

redwullf
Ulthal

Post by redwullf »

Troll Lord wrote:I made some great progress on this project this past week. Very pumped about it. It will go much faster than previous projects (aka Rune Lore).
:x
"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs. He presents opportunities
for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” -- E. G. G.

--------------------------------------------------
Castles & Crusades Society Member

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Troll Lord wrote:I made some great progress on this project this past week. Very pumped about it. It will go much faster than previous projects (aka Rune Lore).

Trollzah!
Steve
Good to hear.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007