Class Options Book

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
dgrm44
Skobbit

Class Options Book

Post by dgrm44 »

I am new to C&C and still trying to figure out what products are out and coming out.
So far I really like the system and hope to use it for a long time with my group.

Will you be releasing a book that gives each class optional choices for class powers? Each class could swap out an existing power in the Players Handbook for an optional one in the Class Options Book.
This would still keep the game simple, but allow the players to customize their classes more without adding a bunch of feats etc.

Omote
Battle Stag

Re: Class Options Book

Post by Omote »

There was a project, some time ago, called Adventurers Backpack. I think that this book was something along the lines of what you are asking about. There hasn't been much talk about this book in some time. Perhaps the project has been changed or canceled. Can't say for sure.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

dgrm44
Skobbit

Post by dgrm44 »

This would be a great book to release. It would bridge the gap for my Pathfinder players who want a few more options and make my life as GM easier as I wouldn't have to create the list of options.

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

dgrm44 wrote:This would be a great book to release. It would bridge the gap for my Pathfinder players who want a few more options and make my life as GM easier as I wouldn't have to create the list of options.

Just have the players make a list. You decide which ones are okay and what skill they swap out for and, voilà!
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

The Adventure's Backpack is still a go for certain. I'll begin it as soon as I'm finished with the Codex of Aihrde!

There will definitely be variants, though i'm not sure about class options. I'm very reluctant to codify rules as it make people think they have to do this or that to play the game.

Steve

ps that has to be one of the most indecisive answers I've ever put up! haha

mmbutter
Red Cap

Post by mmbutter »

Troll Lord wrote:ps that has to be one of the most indecisive answers I've ever put up! haha
Don't be so sure about that... :-)

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

mmbutter wrote:
Troll Lord wrote:ps that has to be one of the most indecisive answers I've ever put up! haha

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the one above is much clearer than many posts of the past.

In the mean time, if you have them like I do, you can use "class variants" from the C&C Companion PDF which the Trolls have posted free to DL some where on their site. You can also use all the various classes put into 2E AD&D and 1E AD&D, especially in Dragon. One time I even built a Paladin variant using all the feats, skills, and class powers in the 3E SRD. As inspiration, I didn't give the class all of them. Only 6 or so.

If you don't have all of the that, you can at least get the C&C Companion and use the 3E SRD as a kind of template tool. You can also find and use Perkin's 3E AD&D variant classes. I still have a player using his Cavalier.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

Treebore wrote:
mmbutter wrote:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the one above is much clearer than many posts of the past.

In the mean time, if you have them like I do, you can use "class variants" from the C&C Companion PDF which the Trolls have posted free to DL some where on their site. You can also use all the various classes put into 2E AD&D and 1E AD&D, especially in Dragon. One time I even built a Paladin variant using all the feats, skills, and class powers in the 3E SRD. As inspiration, I didn't give the class all of them. Only 6 or so.

If you don't have all of the that, you can at least get the C&C Companion and use the 3E SRD as a kind of template tool. You can also find and use Perkin's 3E AD&D variant classes. I still have a player using his Cavalier.
Tree, do you remember the AD&D 2nd Ed DM guideline write for creating new classes? I can't remember which rule book it was in.

House Rules

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Arduin wrote:
Treebore wrote:
mmbutter wrote:

Tree, do you remember the AD&D 2nd Ed DM guideline write for creating new classes? I can't remember which rule book it was in.

Probably the optional book on Classes. I think Complete Humanoids covered that pretty well too, just with a focus on using Humanoids in addition to everything else.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

Arduin wrote: Tree, do you remember the AD&D 2nd Ed DM guideline write for creating new classes? I can't remember which rule book it was in.
I recall one in the front of the 2nd ed DMG. I used it a few times.

I'm not sure, but I assume the Player's options books had something... or maybe it was just the point build within classes thing I'm thinking of.
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Arduin wrote:Tree, do you remember the AD&D 2nd Ed DM guideline write for creating new classes? I can't remember which rule book it was in.
It is in the 2e DMG. At the end of the 3rd chapter.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

Thanks guys. Yes, it was the DMG

House Rules

dgrm44
Skobbit

Post by dgrm44 »

Troll Lord wrote:There will definitely be variants, though i'm not sure about class options. I'm very reluctant to codify rules as it make people think they have to do this or that to play the game.
I really don't think you have to worry about this with C&C players. Our group considers everything outside of the C&C Players Handbook, optional.
The whole system is great because of this. However, having some concrete examples would really help me and my group when trying to build out various player and villain concepts. And who better to keep the powers balanced than an expert such as yourself?? :-)

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Arduin wrote:Thanks guys. Yes, it was the DMG
There is something actually useful in that thing? I'll be darned.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

dgrm44 wrote:
Troll Lord wrote:There will definitely be variants, though i'm not sure about class options. I'm very reluctant to codify rules as it make people think they have to do this or that to play the game.
I really don't think you have to worry about this with C&C players. Our group considers everything outside of the C&C Players Handbook, optional.
The whole system is great because of this. However, having some concrete examples would really help me and my group when trying to build out various player and villain concepts. And who better to keep the powers balanced than an expert such as yourself?? :-)
Hey now, let's not get crazy with who we call experts. That Steve fella does know a thing or three about this here game, but heck, he is just some bloke from Ar-Kansas after all.

:lol:

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:
Arduin wrote:Thanks guys. Yes, it was the DMG
There is something actually useful in that thing? I'll be darned.
Yeah, not really all that useful.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads