Strange Brew: The Ultimate Witch & Warlock (PF/C&C)

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Christina Stiles
Ulthal

Strange Brew: The Ultimate Witch & Warlock (PF/C&C)

Post by Christina Stiles »

Hi, gang:

I just wanted to let you know that the Strange Brew kickstarter Timothy Brannan and I are doing will have a 256-page, full-color book for Castles & Crusades, as well, though it will come out slightly behind the Pathfinder version. Tim and I both love C&C! We want to add these classes to the game. I hope you will consider supporting this effort. I'm publishing this piece through Misfit Studios. Hal Greenberg will be doing some magic items for the book.

Maybe I can talk the Trolls into carrying the book for us later.

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

Re: Strange Brew: The Ultimate Witch & Warlock (PF/C&C)

I set up a Facebook Page for folks to ask questions there, too, since some of the authors are only familiar with Pathfinder.

Oh, and here is a link for a preview of a Basic Era games version of The Witch by Timothy Brannan. It is only good for 4 more days, so download now.

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

A new PDF product, the Direlock Base Class for PF by Forest Guardian Press, will be added at the $25+ level when we achieve 125 backers. Help spread the word.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Christina, this sounds awesome! I love your work and am really looking forward to this product. But I do have a question. The Kickstarter pledge levels all talk about Pathfinder, and no mention of C&C. With this book being released for C&C, can I substitute the PF book for the C&C version (I have no need for Pathfinder books)?

Will the C&C version be 256 pages - or has that yet to be determined?

Since PF uses prestige classes and the like, what will those classes be like for C&C (altogether different classes, eliminated, or something else)?

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

You know, I've been thinking Prestige Classes could be used by adapting them to the Class and a half rules, or Dual classing rules, but with a minimum level requirement for the "primary" class before being able to branch out into a Prestige Class.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

Omote wrote:Christina, this sounds awesome! I love your work and am really looking forward to this product. But I do have a question. The Kickstarter pledge levels all talk about Pathfinder, and no mention of C&C. With this book being released for C&C, can I substitute the PF book for the C&C version (I have no need for Pathfinder books)?

Will the C&C version be 256 pages - or has that yet to be determined?

Since PF uses prestige classes and the like, what will those classes be like for C&C (altogether different classes, eliminated, or something else)?

~O
Hey, Omote, glad you asked! It started out as a PF-only product. I added the C&C book in later. All backers of $25 or above get both versions in PDF--you'd get some PF PDFs, too. If you sign up at $55 or more, you tell me the print version you want. If you sign up at $150 or more, you can contribute to the C&C book. We are shooting for enough material to expand out the C&C book. It will be that big, either way. We do want to add some options into it for the players, much like the race pieces that Hal and I have done allow.

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

Treebore wrote:You know, I've been thinking Prestige Classes could be used by adapting them to the Class and a half rules, or Dual classing rules, but with a minimum level requirement for the "primary" class before being able to branch out into a Prestige Class.
Yes, and this is an idea I invite you to explore. Do you want to write some of that for the book? Let me know.

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

Tim and I could use your help spreading the word, too. We've stalled at under $5K.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

This project is shaping up quite well! I'm glad I backed this C&C product. It's full color, with hundreds more spells for the C&C game. Aye, more spells is a good thing. Less than 28 hours to go!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/96 ... ch-and-war

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

I would be normally all over this sort of thing and it would be typically something I would insist on getting in hardback.

$55 + $25 shipping makes this considerably out of reach for me.

One can argue that the PDF level at $25 is the obvious solution but I haven't decided if I'm OK with just the PDFs.

M