Welcome New Crusaders!

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
timburns
Ulthal

Welcome New Crusaders!

Post by timburns »

With the recent Kickstarter, we've noticed a large jump in memberships to the forums. So I wanted to take a second to welcome all of you to the forums! You'll find lots of cool info here, about the books, the game, the conventions, news, you name it. Take a look around and talk to some of the veterans of the boards, you'll find them very gracious and helpful.

So enjoy your time here and welcome!

Tim
[email protected]

DeadReborn
Ulthal

Re: Welcome New Crusaders!

Post by DeadReborn »

Welcome to the Crusade! Hopefully, a few of you are in the Southwest Florida area. :)
"My simple card trick has turned you into an ice cream cone!
Which means...I AM A LEVEL TEN WIZARD!"-SpongeBob SquarePants

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Welcome! I run a face to face game in the Quad Cities if any of you newbies are interested.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

And start posting, we want to hear your ideas and steal them.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Aergraith wrote:And start posting, we want to hear your ideas and steal them.
"Best Response Award 2014"

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Let's not forget the North Coast, got to represent the Great Lakes, welcome all, you will find the "characters" most interesting.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

BoomerET
Hlobane Orc

Post by BoomerET »

Greetings and Salutations to Crusaders in Northern Cali.

San Ramon here, work in Pleasanton. Hoping to CK some games at House of Games in Danville before the end of summer.

Let me know if you're interested, or better yet, mention it to the people at House of Games. Great place.

BoomerET

Fiffergrund
Lore Drake

Post by Fiffergrund »

Balls.

No reason, just wanted to say balls.
Marshal Fiffergrund, Knight-Errant of the Castle and Crusade Society

Zardnaar
Ungern

Post by Zardnaar »

m I have been spreading the word locally and converting Pathfinder players as they can understand the mechanics easily enough.

Lordsloth
Henchman

Post by Lordsloth »

Hello! I'm not sure what to say here, as I'm a total noob, and haven't even read the rules yet, and am just getting into C&C because of the kickstarter.

Noob to C&C that is- I've played about every edition of D&D and recently tried running Savage Worlds Fantasy, but our group doesn't seem receptive. Too far away from Hit Points and Armor class, I guess..

zacharythefirst
Red Cap

Post by zacharythefirst »

Welcome to everyone! Awesome to see new faces. C&C is an amazing game for getting game groups from different sorts of gaming--from Basic D&D to Pathfinder--together at the same table. Fire away with any questions!
Come, my friends,
'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the western stars, until I die.
-Tennyson

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

Lordsloth wrote:Hello! I'm not sure what to say here, as I'm a total noob, and haven't even read the rules yet, and am just getting into C&C because of the kickstarter.

Noob to C&C that is- I've played about every edition of D&D and recently tried running Savage Worlds Fantasy, but our group doesn't seem receptive. Too far away from Hit Points and Armor class, I guess..
Your group might have a hard time adjusting to the fact that there aren't rules for everything. Rules Lawyering is a thing of the past. There is much more adjudicating for the CK/DM to do. There is no such thing is the "ultimate" build. Running away should always be an option. Theatre of the mind is a thing.

Just some stuff, that I have noticed reading this and other forums when people play C&C for the first time, coming from recent D&D and Pathfinder.

Mostly have fun. That is the most important thing of all.
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Greetings, new Crusaders. May your zombies remain intact.

And if you are in the Bellevue / Omaha, NE area feel free to say so.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

Welcome!
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

magick3six
Ungern

Post by magick3six »

DeadReborn wrote:Welcome to the Crusade! Hopefully, a few of you are in the Southwest Florida area. :)
No! Hopefully in the SouthEAST-ish Florida area :)

We need more Florida...it's like a cowbell.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

There are 2556 users on these forums. There were 685 backers for the kickstarter.

So why are there less than a dozen posts a day?

timburns
Ulthal

Post by timburns »

Aergraith -- I think it partially has to do with other social media and the prevalence of it. People are more spread out these days and we are probably partially responsible for that; I/we need to spend more times in the forums. But the forums are alive and well and I think the more new people getting in and discussing things and telling folks to check out the forums are helping.

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

Aergraith wrote:There are 2556 users on these forums. There were 685 backers for the kickstarter.

I lurk way more than I post, so I wonder if many do the same as me?

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

I know, between play-by-mail, zines, newsletters, and dial-up bulletin board systems we are all pretty spread thin. Not to mention the newfangled Usenet groups. But I don't think any of those are likely to replace a company's own official forum.

Seriously, is there a lot of discussion going on somewhere else? I don't use VisageTome or whatever the kids are on these days, as I have already promised my soul to Asmodeus, Yeenoghu AND Blibdolpoolp and Mark Zuckerberg can't have it. I know a stray post finds its way to Dragonsfoot once in a blue moon.

And more seriously still, the real reason is there isn't much to say about a game that plays just like a game that came out in the seventies: we've said everything there is to say about Magic Missile and aboleths and whether we should call them halflings or hobbits. Still, occasionally we need to discuss what a flatchet actually is or whether we should go with +6 or 12/18. I encourage people to come and do that here.

If you are a lurker, for Unklar's sake come out of the woodwork and introduce yourself. I respect that you might be too busy actually PLAYING the game, but that's even more reason to come here and give us your SITREP.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Sir Ironside wrote:
Aergraith wrote:There are 2556 users on these forums. There were 685 backers for the kickstarter.

I lurk way more than I post, so I wonder if many do the same as me?
Heh, but you are a frequent poster! All lurkers should post as much as you, then we'd be fine.

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

Lordsloth wrote:
C&C armor class & HP is the same as D&D. 8-)
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

pawndream
Red Cap

Post by pawndream »

I think the main thing inhibiting much more forum traffic here, is in my experience most forums tend to dominated by intense rules discussions/debates.

There just are not that many rules in C&C to discuss, which seems to be a major draw of the system. From what I have seen so far, C&C players tend to be less focused on bickering about minutiae and poring through tomes to find obscure rules and more about playing the actual game.

One of the other generalities I have noticed, is C&C players tend to be more open and inclusive about what goes into their games, as opposed to some of the strict dogma that you might experience on other games forums. The One True Way doesn't come up as much here as I see on some other forums.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

pawndream wrote:One of the other generalities I have noticed, is C&C players tend to be more open and inclusive about what goes into their games, as opposed to some of the strict dogma that you might experience on other games forums. The One True Way doesn't come up as much here as I see on some other forums.
That's mostly true. And when it's not, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Wil Wheaton supposedly plays C&C. I wonder if he is a lurker too. Though I can understand why he'd keep lurking. Maybe he should get an honorary knighthood though.

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

Aergraith wrote:Wil Wheaton supposedly plays C&C. I wonder if he is a lurker too. Though I can understand why he'd keep lurking. Maybe he should get an honorary knighthood though.
Maybe your Will Wheaton looking for a honorary knighthood! :lol:

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

I guess it is time to tell the truth; I am really Wil Wheaton and I accept your honorary knighthood. However that is only part of the truth. Julian Grimm is actually two people. Me, Wil Wheaton and Lorraine Williams. This is why my posts seem oddly inconsistent at times.

:lol:
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

But, in a way, aren't we all Wil Wheaton?

DMSamuel
Red Cap

Post by DMSamuel »

I would rather be Wil Wheaton than Lorraine Williams, but I digress.

Hello everyone! New to the forums here but not new to gaming nor to C&C... I moved to a new town a year or so ago and can't find any C&C players in the area. I guess I'm going to have to step up my recruitment!
~DMSamuel
---

Lordsloth
Henchman

Post by Lordsloth »

Arduin wrote: C&C armor class & HP is the same as D&D. 8-)
I'll have to check out the rules when I get the kickstarter books, and suggest C&C to my group.

We were all pretty big min/max'ers back in 3.0/3.5 during Living Greyhawk, but we've all tried different systems since then. Myself- I want something like 3.5, but with less rules, more simple.

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

Lordsloth wrote:
Arduin wrote: C&C armor class & HP is the same as D&D. 8-)
I'll have to check out the rules when I get the kickstarter books, and suggest C&C to my group.

We were all pretty big min/max'ers back in 3.0/3.5 during Living Greyhawk, but we've all tried different systems since then. Myself- I want something like 3.5, but with less rules, more simple.
C&C is probably something like what "3.x" would have been if GG did it. 3.x without the huge rule & char gen bloat. NOT a munchkin fest rule set.
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules