The Lay of the Lothian Princes

The Journal of Intrepid Adventurers.
Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

The Lay of the Lothian Princes

Post by Troll Lord »

As you may or may not know, there is a column in the Crusader called "The Lay of the Lothian Princes." It was origianlly intended as a tool to help folks understand the elves of Aihrde a little better. Its running the danger of being too literary, so with that in mind I'm going to shift its focus a bit. I'm still going to recount the elven story in a literay fashion but I'm going to combine this with Aihrde particular races, classes and the like.

I'm going to rename the whole into an Aihrde column...something like the Aihrdian Chronicles, pick up the story of Meltowg Lothian where I left off, but bleed it into a racial description of the Mist Elves, those Elves that dwelt in the Shelves of the Mist before and during the Winter Dark.

I'm doing a little cross posting with the Rings of Brass discussion threads elsewhere on these boards.

Look for this to begin in Issue 4, coming very soon.

Thanks,

Steve

He who sits on the elephants back

Castle and Crusade Society
[email protected]

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Sounds good to me, Steve. I'd personally love to see a history of the Eldritch Goblins, too. They rule.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: The Lay of the Lothian Princes

Post by Tadhg »

Troll Lord wrote:
I'm going to rename the whole into an Aihrde column...something like the Aihrdian Chronicles, pick up the story of Meltowg Lothian where I left off, but bleed it into a racial description of the Mist Elves, those Elves that dwelt in the Shelves of the Mist before and during the Winter Dark.

Good idea, this - more Aihrdian Lore!

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I'm always up to more fluff/flavor articles. That is the stuff that makes a campaign really good.

How about a chart on the likelihood of an Eldritch Goblyn having a particular spell for their innate spell? I bet you Ser has already done one.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

Treebore wrote:
I'm always up to more fluff/flavor articles. That is the stuff that makes a campaign really good.

How about a chart on the likelihood of an Eldritch Goblyn having a particular spell for their innate spell? I bet you Ser has already done one.

How about a chart on the likelihood of an Eldritch Goblyn being on a professional Clakkity team or part of a travelling circuit?
Promoting C&C at Gary Con and LGGC since 2005.

Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Post by Combat_Kyle »

Ahhh, Clakkity is everywhere. But and Eldritch goblin whos special ability was to use the Haste spell, then he would be an all-star claker (the proper name for a Clakkity player).

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home

Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Post by Combat_Kyle »

Oh and on the issue of Eldritch goblins, any suggestions on an ability to give a goblin to combatg a party loaded with magic items. I am equipping him with the Horn of Breaking (breaks magical items) but was thinking giving him the ability to fly and/or some spell resistance would make him one bad a$$ m**o.

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Give the goblin a ring of spell turning, and a cape of flight (cloak of the bat), and a cube of silence and darkness. That should shut down the party.

Maliki
Lore Drake

Re: The Lay of the Lothian Princes

Post by Maliki »

Troll Lord wrote:
As you may or may not know, there is a column in the Crusader called "The Lay of the Lothian Princes." It was origianlly intended as a tool to help folks understand the elves of Aihrde a little better. Its running the danger of being too literary, so with that in mind I'm going to shift its focus a bit. I'm still going to recount the elven story in a literay fashion but I'm going to combine this with Aihrde particular races, classes and the like.

I'm doing a little cross posting with the Rings of Brass discussion threads elsewhere on these boards.

Look for this to begin in Issue 4, coming very soon.

Thanks,

Steve

Sounds good.