C&CS and KotC Rolls

A forum to discuss Endless Worlds Organised Play events.
(NOTE: This was the Society News forum and has legacy threads that have not yet been sorted)
Rigon
Clang lives!

C&CS and KotC Rolls

Post by Rigon »

Hey everyone, I've been busy adding to the Society & Knights rolls. If you sent Tim your info before the last week or so, I don't have board names to put with real names. If you want your board name included with your Society info, PM me your real name and I'll get it added to the rolls.

If you haven't joined the C&CS yet, go here and fill out a sign up sheet and I'll get you on the rolls.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Rigon
Clang lives!

Re: C&CS and KotC Rolls

Post by Rigon »

By the by, for those of you who were in the Society way back when, those rolls are MIA, so we are doing new ones. If you want included, you'll have to fill out a new sign up sheet. Sorry for the hassle on this guys, but it is what it is.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

I signed up. If I get an email I'm comfortable putting out there later, whom do I contact/how do I do that?
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Zudrak wrote:I signed up. If I get an email I'm comfortable putting out there later, whom do I contact/how do I do that?
You can contact me, for the time being, as I am in charge of the rolls. If you want any changes made to your listing, just shot me a PM and I'll get on it.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Rigon wrote:
Zudrak wrote:I signed up. If I get an email I'm comfortable putting out there later, whom do I contact/how do I do that?
You can contact me, for the time being, as I am in charge of the rolls. If you want any changes made to your listing, just shot me a PM and I'll get on it.

R-
Excellent. Thank you!

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

The C&CS rolls stand at 100 members strong. Keep then coming folks.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Just so people know, I have the C&CS rolls in alphabetical order by city. That way people can look for other Society members in cities near them. I thought about going with by name, but wanted it easy to look for other members in your area so am leaving it the way it is, at least until I'm told differently.

The KotC rolls, however, are in alphabetical order by last name under each ranking.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

I love the fact that I am a member of the KotC but have a question mark for rank.

And people wonder why the Society faltered time and again.

To be clear -- this is not me venting at anyone in particular. The people that have come together to make this happen are doing some solid work. Please keep at it and hopefully the rest will sort itself out soon enough.

M

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

moriarty777 wrote:I love the fact that I am a member of the KotC but have a question mark for rank.

And people wonder why the Society faltered time and again.

To be clear -- this is not me venting at anyone in particular. The people that have come together to make this happen are doing some solid work. Please keep at it and hopefully the rest will sort itself out soon enough.

M
;)

M, I get where you're coming from. The reason I have you as a question mark for the KotC, is I was never told at which rank to put you in. As soon as I do, I'll be certain to fix it. 8-)

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Rigon wrote:M, I get where you're coming from. The reason I have you as a question mark for the KotC, is I was never told at which rank to put you in. As soon as I do, I'll be certain to fix it. 8-)

R-
Hehe... Well it certainly is nothing to do with you. Do me a favor though? Since I've adopted the title of 'Renegade Mage', how about we use 'Renegade' as a replacement for the '?'.

May as well be a Renegade in the Knighthood. ;)

M

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

moriarty777 wrote:
Rigon wrote:M, I get where you're coming from. The reason I have you as a question mark for the KotC, is I was never told at which rank to put you in. As soon as I do, I'll be certain to fix it. 8-)

R-
Hehe... Well it certainly is nothing to do with you. Do me a favor though? Since I've adopted the title of 'Renegade Mage', how about we use 'Renegade' as a replacement for the '?'.

M
Oh, great! I purchased items from a Renegade? I'll be put away for buying stolen property across international borders!

;)

-- E. Gary Gygax

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

moriarty777 wrote:

R-

M
;)

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

If possible, I wouldn't mind retaining the rank of High Squire to the Knights.... I always felt it reflected that that period of keeping things going a bit after others had sewn the seeds. Am certainly fine with Earl in the basic rolls, as I think that tradition of basic carries forth the older tradition of how many members we have in our groups. :)
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

Warunsun
Hlobane Orc

Post by Warunsun »

I am happy to be on the rolls to help attract any local gamers. I do wish that my proper state was listed. :) A typo of WI instead of MI is on both lists.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Warunsun wrote:I am happy to be on the rolls to help attract any local gamers. I do wish that my proper state was listed. :) A typo of WI instead of MI is on both lists.
I thought I had fixed that. Hm. I just went in and made the fix, but if for some reason it doesn't stick (not signed in the normal way), shot me a PM and I'll fix it the right way.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

Warunsun wrote:I am happy to be on the rolls to help attract any local gamers. I do wish that my proper state was listed. :) A typo of WI instead of MI is on both lists.
The horror.... the horror....

;) Across the way.
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara

Warunsun
Hlobane Orc

Post by Warunsun »

Rigon wrote:
I thought I had fixed that. Hm. I just went in and made the fix, but if for some reason it doesn't stick (not signed in the normal way), shot me a PM and I'll fix it the right way.

R-
Looks like it worked. I am listed in Michigan now. Thanks.
seskis281 wrote:The horror.... the horror....
;) Across the way.
I have played many a good game in Wisconsin. :) In a lot of ways I miss GenCon and Winter Fantasy being held there. They were good times.

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

Warunsun wrote:
Rigon wrote:

R-
Looks like it worked. I am listed in Michigan now. Thanks.
seskis281 wrote:The horror.... the horror....
;) Across the way.
I have played many a good game in Wisconsin. :) In a lot of ways I miss GenCon and Winter Fantasy being held there. They were good times.
You should come back - Wisconsin is booming with great gaming cons again - GaryCon in March, Gamehole con this Nov., and a new one Nexus in Milwaukee in June. :twisted:
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Zudrak wrote:Oh, great! I purchased items from a Renegade? I'll be put away for buying stolen property across international borders!

;)
Hehehe... You do know whom my user name, 'Moriarty' is a reference to right?

;)

M

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

moriarty777 wrote:
Zudrak wrote:Oh, great! I purchased items from a Renegade? I'll be put away for buying stolen property across international borders!

;)
Hehehe... You do know whom my user name, 'Moriarty' is a reference to right?

;)

M
Of course! I've seen the movie, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

;) :lol:

-- E. Gary Gygax

Storycrafter
Mist Elf

Post by Storycrafter »

BTW, a few bug notes for the signup page.

1) I have now tried signing up twice. The last time was well over a month ago. Where do these form submissions go?

2) The last checkbox is worded in a very scary way. "Uncheck this box if you do not want your email displayed in the Society Rolls". That's like, "if you don't want to not be involved, clear this defaulted thing.". Is that opt-in? Opt-out? Opt-sideways?

3) I used quotes in my name in a small fit of disappointment. The verification page shows the escaped values for the quotes '\"'. While that really is only just sort of ugly, you may want to use HTMLEscape() instead. I suspect there's a string sanitizing, safety issue lurking in there.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Storycrafter wrote:BTW, a few bug notes for the signup page.

1) I have now tried signing up twice. The last time was well over a month ago. Where do these form submissions go?

2) The last checkbox is worded in a very scary way. "Uncheck this box if you do not want your email displayed in the Society Rolls". That's like, "if you don't want to not be involved, clear this defaulted thing.". Is that opt-in? Opt-out? Opt-sideways?

3) I used quotes in my name in a small fit of disappointment. The verification page shows the escaped values for the quotes '\"'. While that really is only just sort of ugly, you may want to use HTMLEscape() instead. I suspect there's a string sanitizing, safety issue lurking in there.
The submissions go to me. I enter them in the Rolls. As for the email, uncheck it if you don't want other members to be able to email you, otherwise I include it.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Storycrafter wrote:BTW, a few bug notes for the signup page.

I got your second signup form, but you were already in the rolls. I don't know why you are having trouble finding yourself on it.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Sorry to anyone who has signed up in the last month or so and who haven't been added to the Society Rolls. I've been slacking. However, I did go through and clear my emails and added everyone that I had.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Post by finarvyn »

I am curious as to why the rolls seem to get lost on occasion. I joined up early on and then submitted pertty much the same information a few years after that. As a pre-release C&C playtester (name in the PHB and everything) I feel that somehow those names ought to be kept in a more secure location. When I looked at the "new" rolls (this thread goes back a year or more) I can't find my name listed again. :(
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

I'm in, thanks!

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Post by finarvyn »

Rigon wrote:By the by, for those of you who were in the Society way back when, those rolls are MIA, so we are doing new ones. If you want included, you'll have to fill out a new sign up sheet. Sorry for the hassle on this guys, but it is what it is.
Hey, Rigon. I finally got around to signing up once again (third? time). Anyway, if possible I'd like to retain my earlier titles.
(1) Lord Marshall (going back to the playtest, I think)
(2) Earl of Stone Creek (as listed in the first printing Player's Handbook)
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

finarvyn wrote:
Rigon wrote:By the by, for those of you who were in the Society way back when, those rolls are MIA, so we are doing new ones. If you want included, you'll have to fill out a new sign up sheet. Sorry for the hassle on this guys, but it is what it is.
Hey, Rigon. I finally got around to signing up once again (third? time). Anyway, if possible I'd like to retain my earlier titles.
(1) Lord Marshall (going back to the playtest, I think)
(2) Earl of Stone Creek (as listed in the first printing Player's Handbook)
Fin, I'll have to check on the titles, but I'll try to get you added in the next day or two.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads