Amazing Adventures quick start?

Discussion of the pulp roleplaying system, including hard-boiled detectives, fedora-wearing action heroes, and steampunk gadgeteers rocketing to battle.
old school gamer
Red Cap

Amazing Adventures quick start?

Post by old school gamer »

I was too late to get in on the kickstarter but I noticed that one of the items mentioned was an Amazing Adventures quick start. I would love to get a hold of this. Could you tell me when this will be available?

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Amazing Adventures quick start?

Post by Treebore »

That is the only place I have even seen it mentioned, its certainly not available anywhere, meaning the TLG online store, or drivethrurpg. So as far as I can tell, its never been released. It may be something they are doing for the upcoming Free RPG Day.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

old school gamer
Red Cap

Post by old school gamer »

I hope so.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

As far as I know, Druid's Lament (for Castles and Crusades) will be the free rpg day adventure this year. Unfortunately, it coincides with a convention I'm at. Probably going to miss it.

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

There is indeed (now) an Amazing Adventures quick start. I just proofed the layout a couple weeks ago.

I don't know what Steve's ultimate plans are for it, but it was, iirc, a stretch goal on the new C&C book set Kickstarter.

The adventure title is Ashton and the Augments.

By the way--sorry I fell off the face of the Earth, there...things in my life have been batshit the past 8 months or so!

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Post by finarvyn »

Exciting news about the QuickStart. Hope we get to see it soon! 8-)
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

So do I! I think the adventure is pretty damn fun.

Where our first adventure was an Indiana Jones-meets-Cthulhu romp, our second one was a 50's pulp sci fi run, our third was a haunted temple in true Weird Tales style, this one is a super science adventure along the lines of H.G. Wells, only set in the 1920s. A cabal of scientists has a secret plan to unleash havoc on the world, then sell their secrets to the highest bidder, and only the heroes can stop them! This one involves car chases, femme fatales, gigantic mutant sewer gators, evil scientists...you name it!

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Quick-starts are excellent ways, with a few pre-gens, to just jump in and get gaming. I think every game needs a version like that.

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Post by finarvyn »

I wanted to give this a bump.

Any news on the quickstart? I have all of the rulebooks so I probably don't need one, but QS rules always start off more streamlined and are better for getting players started quickly, which is important if I run AA at my local game store.
Marv / Finarvyn

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Another bump! :P
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

TLG has changed their approach to introductory modules/quick start rules. The original adventure has been redone as a full adventure module; if/when TLG releases it, I'm not sure. At some point I will do another that will use the new quick start approach but my plate has been very full with projects lately :|

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

The Grey Elf wrote:TLG has changed their approach to introductory modules/quick start rules. The original adventure has been redone as a full adventure module; if/when TLG releases it, I'm not sure. At some point I will do another that will use the new quick start approach but my plate has been very full with projects lately :|
Thanks for the info, Jason.

Penny ran our first game last night and it was excellent!

Rhu. :)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

Rhuvein wrote:
The Grey Elf wrote:TLG has changed their approach to introductory modules/quick start rules. The original adventure has been redone as a full adventure module; if/when TLG releases it, I'm not sure. At some point I will do another that will use the new quick start approach but my plate has been very full with projects lately :|
Thanks for the info, Jason.

Penny ran our first game last night and it was excellent!

Rhu. :)
Great! Glad to hear it!

Wasgo
Ungern

Post by Wasgo »

Jason Vey wrote:TLG has changed their approach to introductory modules/quick start rules. The original adventure has been redone as a full adventure module; if/when TLG releases it, I'm not sure. At some point I will do another that will use the new quick start approach but my plate has been very full with projects lately :|
I see on DriveThruRPG that there's now both the module, and the free Quick Start adventure. Are they largely the same adventure?

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

Wasgo wrote:
Jason Vey wrote:TLG has changed their approach to introductory modules/quick start rules. The original adventure has been redone as a full adventure module; if/when TLG releases it, I'm not sure. At some point I will do another that will use the new quick start approach but my plate has been very full with projects lately :|
I see on DriveThruRPG that there's now both the module, and the free Quick Start adventure. Are they largely the same adventure?
The free quick start, Under the Blood Red Moon, was our Free RPG Day release this year. It's entirely separate from Ashton and the Augments.

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Post by finarvyn »

I picked up a copy on Free RPG Day. Any idea if this will be out in PDF at some point?
Marv / Finarvyn

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

finarvyn wrote:I picked up a copy on Free RPG Day. Any idea if this will be out in PDF at some point?
Honestly, I've no idea. I'm trying to talk Steve into printing off a bunch to pass out at Gen Con. I don't know if that'll happen, either ;)