TLG 81401 Tome of the Unclean

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Re: TLG 81401 Tome of the Unclean

Post by AGNKim »

tylermo wrote:This whole project started when Kim started listening to Led Zeppelin and Styx backwards...just saying. ;)
Actually, listening to Zeppelin makes me write happy stuff. You want demonic entities straight from the pits of Hell?

Barry Manilow.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

AGNKim wrote:
tylermo wrote:This whole project started when Kim started listening to Led Zeppelin and Styx backwards...just saying. ;)
Actually, listening to Zeppelin makes me write happy stuff. You want demonic entities straight from the pits of Hell?

Barry Manilow.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

True. Johnny Cash dreamt of Kim writing this book one day and THAT is why he always dressed in black...(also) just saying. ;)
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Everybody sing along, "I can't smile without you"...Somebody had to sing some Barry. The reason I mentioned Zep and Styx is that both were accused of satanic backwards messages many moons ago. Certainly those messages must have influenced young Kim so that he would author such a book. Tome of the Unclean indeed! Demons and devils! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

AGNKim wrote:

Barry Manilow.
:lol:

Totally missed this gem. If Barry = CE, who do you use to inspire LE or NE entities? I figured Celine Dion for CE since they are the first two letters of her name.
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

DMSamuel
Red Cap

Post by DMSamuel »

Zudrak wrote:
AGNKim wrote:

Barry Manilow.
:lol:

Totally missed this gem. If Barry = CE, who do you use to inspire LE or NE entities? I figured Celine Dion for CE since they are the first two letters of her name.
Where does Mariah Carey fit into this Diva Demonic line?
~DMSamuel
---

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

DMSamuel wrote:
Where does Mariah Carey fit into this Diva Demonic line?
Mindless Larva.
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Very attractive for mindless larva. ;)

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

tylermo wrote:Very attractive for mindless larva. ;)
Sure, they can be used to make all kinds of creatures. ;)

House Rules

Dead Horse
Red Cap

Post by Dead Horse »

Someone with the subscription, how far along is this? is there a tentative release date yet?
I haven't seen anything about this project in months.
Please don't beat me.
Not Worth Any Experiance Points Alive http://nwaepa.blogspot.com/

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Dead Horse wrote:Someone with the subscription, how far along is this? is there a tentative release date yet?
I think its up to part 7. Maybe it was the 8th one? I'll have to check.

Edit: Its up to 9 installments.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

Dead Horse wrote:Someone with the subscription, how far along is this? is there a tentative release date yet?
Just got another update about 4 weeks ago. About 30 pages of Demons & Devils so far. Nice stuff too.

House Rules

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Arduin wrote:
Just got another update about 4 weeks ago. About 30 pages of Demons & Devils so far. Nice stuff too.
Sept 02 is when I DLed the latest one.

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

Treebore wrote:
Arduin wrote:
Sept 02 is when I DLed the latest one.
Yep. That was the date.

House Rules

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

AGNKim wrote:Actually, listening to Zeppelin makes me write happy stuff. You want demonic entities straight from the pits of Hell?

Barry Manilow.
Whoa! Thems fightin' words!! :x

:D
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Btw, what's the status of this book??

Tanks,

Rhu. :)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Have to say that I'm disappointed in the Tome. The supposedly higher level denizens of the Lower Planes come off as pretty weak. The Arch Devils have very little magic, most of which has been reduced to 1x / day rather than at will. Belial only has 3 Spell like abilities. I'm not sure how he would make it into the hierarchy with such little power. As far as Demons go, the Balor seems particularly lame. It is the most powerful of its kind, but has less HD than demons lower in stature. That doesn't make much sense. Teleport w/o error only 3x/day? Why not "at will"? Also, as a creature of fire, this demon should be immune to it.

All in all, I think I'll be converting 3E Demons and Devils should my players get to the point they are ready to take on such.