View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:07 am



Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder) 
Author Message
Mist Elf

Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:31 pm
Posts: 40
Post Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)
Gorath pounds his fist on the table, upsetting the beer mugs and startling the other patrons. "Me no gots no PDF. Me wannty. Now. Youz promise" he grunts quite loudly at his robed companion, making no attempt to hide his anger. The surrounding patrons return to their conversations, but glance nervously and often at the big half-orc sitting across two chairs.


Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:35 am
Profile
Greater Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:00 am
Posts: 3232
Post Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)
Storycrafter wrote:
Gorath pounds his fist on the table, upsetting the beer mugs and startling the other patrons. "Me no gots no PDF. Me wannty. Now. Youz promise" he grunts quite loudly at his robed companion, making no attempt to hide his anger. The surrounding patrons return to their conversations, but glance nervously and often at the big half-orc sitting across two chairs.


LOL

I had a few bounces so PM a good email sir!

Thanks,
Steve

_________________
_____________________________
He Who Sits on the Elephants Back
The Troll Lord
Steve Chenault, President & CEO of Chenault & Gray Publishing, Troll Lord Games


Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:32 am
Profile
Mist Elf

Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:31 pm
Posts: 40
Post Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)
Gorath continues to drink his beer, wondering what a PDF is, or where he might find one.


Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:23 am
Profile
Henchman

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:18 pm
Posts: 2
Location: Elizabethtown, PA
Post Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)
So, I'm still waiting to throw some money at this. Let me know when I'm able to, and I'll gladly do so...


Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:38 pm
Profile
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:13 am
Posts: 445
Location: Bellevue, NE
Post Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)
Ditto. I'm working on a C&C adventure and would like to have the new Codex book to ensure things I'm writing still synchs up with the setting. ;)

_________________
Imaginatio est Vita


Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:00 pm
Profile
Greater Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:00 am
Posts: 3232
Post Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)
Greetings,

Here is the layout of the Codex of Aihrde. It consists of two books.

The Andanuth
First Oration The Days before Days
Second Oration Songs of the Dwarves
Third Oration The Dwarven Laments
Fourth Oration Of the Age of Man
Fifth Oration Of Winter’s Dark
Sixth Oration After Winter’s Dark

Appendix A: The Catalyst Wars
Appendix B: The Winter Dark Wars

The Almanac of Aihrde
First Narrative The Ordering of the Cosmos
Second Narrative The Divine Orders
Third Narrative The Peoples of Aihrde
Fourth Narrative The Kingdoms of Ursal
Fifth Narrative The Lands of Ursal
Sixth Narrative Guilds & Orders of Ursal

Appendix A: Calander
Appendix B: Climate of Aihrde
Appendix C: Languages of Aihrde
Appendix D: Flora of Aihrde
Appendix E: The Economies

We are through to the Almanac, Fifth Narrative, the Lands of Ursal, as of the 20th. I should be done with the Guilds by tomorrow. Then backer content goes in. I'll start sending maps to peter to insert by wed.

As soon as its ready it goes to those who have backed the book in digital format. We are going to let it sit for a few weeks before we send it to press in order to catch any mistakes etc etc. Once it goes to press, backers (and the goodies) get their books FIRST!

All that said, we are looking at launching this book on the Kickstarter platform and giving it a true send off.

IF/WHEN we do that, if you have already backed the book or simply preordered it, outside the KS venue, we'll build it so you can join in the fun, or just wait for the books you've already ordered...and of course you'll get yours first because you ordered it so long ago.

Reasons for a Kickstarter launch? Maps, maps and more maps. This map of the Lands of Ursal is huge and I want to print it thus. Also I would love to see these world maps done in large poster format. And also to give people the opportunity to get in on the goodies.

Thanks!
Steve

_________________
_____________________________
He Who Sits on the Elephants Back
The Troll Lord
Steve Chenault, President & CEO of Chenault & Gray Publishing, Troll Lord Games


Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:02 pm
Profile
Clang lives!
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 7138
Location: Conneaut Lake, PA
Post Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)
Steve, I still can't remember if I preordered or not. Who can I contact to check? Todd?

R-

_________________
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads


Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:41 pm
Profile
Greater Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:00 am
Posts: 3232
Post Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)
Rigon wrote:
Steve, I still can't remember if I preordered or not. Who can I contact to check? Todd?

R-


Rigon,

I do not have you down for a preorder or early backer.

Thanks,
Steve

_________________
_____________________________
He Who Sits on the Elephants Back
The Troll Lord
Steve Chenault, President & CEO of Chenault & Gray Publishing, Troll Lord Games


Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:11 am
Profile
Hlobane Orc
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:01 am
Posts: 169
Location: Stevenson, WA
Post Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)
Another kickstarter.......

Well hopefully a leather version will be offered. :O)

Plus who doesn't like maps!

A slip sleeve would be kind of cool to combine the two separate books.

Oh and a leather version.

Is the Players Guide to Aihrde going to be in this Kickstarter as well?

Oh and a leather version!

Now subliminal messages.....leather books for Sean....ok starting to sound like Creepy Rob Lowe..... :oops:

At least I don't sit at the pool watching folks swim. (But leather books!) :roll:


Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:57 am
Profile
Clang lives!
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 7138
Location: Conneaut Lake, PA
Post Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)
Troll Lord wrote:
Rigon wrote:
Steve, I still can't remember if I preordered or not. Who can I contact to check? Todd?

R-


Rigon,

I do not have you down for a preorder or early backer.

Thanks,
Steve

Ok, thanks. I just couldn't remember. So, ah, hurry up and launch that Kickstarter already. ;)

R-

_________________
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads


Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:32 pm
Profile
Greater Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:00 am
Posts: 3232
Post Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)
The leathers will be a definite option on the KS, as well as the extra maps.

And we have something we are looking into I've been wanting to do for years and years, but I'll hold on it until we have more information.

I'm not going to launch this until the Codex of Aihrde is complete for certain. So soon.... :shock: (I've been saying that for two years).

Steve

_________________
_____________________________
He Who Sits on the Elephants Back
The Troll Lord
Steve Chenault, President & CEO of Chenault & Gray Publishing, Troll Lord Games


Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:02 pm
Profile
Mogrl

Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:00 am
Posts: 13825
Post Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)
Am I down with this? Err, for this? I need to be, on everything, because I like the TLG products. Especially misprints.


Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:38 pm
Profile
Greater Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:00 am
Posts: 3232
Post Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)
serleran wrote:
Am I down with this? Err, for this? I need to be, on everything, because I like the TLG products. Especially misprints.


LOL Well there's been a few of those here and there.

Steve

_________________
_____________________________
He Who Sits on the Elephants Back
The Troll Lord
Steve Chenault, President & CEO of Chenault & Gray Publishing, Troll Lord Games


Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:52 pm
Profile
Greater Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:00 am
Posts: 3232
Post Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)
Last chapter sent to Peter,

On the 22nd work will begin on the Appendixes. These should go pretty smoothly.

Famousest last words!

Steve

_________________
_____________________________
He Who Sits on the Elephants Back
The Troll Lord
Steve Chenault, President & CEO of Chenault & Gray Publishing, Troll Lord Games


Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:53 pm
Profile
Hlobane Orc
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:01 am
Posts: 169
Location: Stevenson, WA
Post Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)
Any chance of a preview of the kickstarter page?

It allows comments, etc of what looks cool or what doesn't.... :ugeek:


Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:14 pm
Profile
Hlobane Orc
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:01 am
Posts: 169
Location: Stevenson, WA
Post Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)
Is the Dragons of Aihrde stuff going to be incorporated into this?


Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:32 am
Profile
Clang lives!
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 7138
Location: Conneaut Lake, PA
Post Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)
thenorthman wrote:
Is the Dragons of Aihrde stuff going to be incorporated into this?

That stuff was rolled into the M&T of Aihrde. So I would think it wouldn't be included in the Codex.

R-

_________________
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads


Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:26 pm
Profile
Greater Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:00 am
Posts: 3232
Post Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)
Rigon is correct. Its all in the MT of A.

Now, where are we? We think we are at the end. We hope to have a PDF for you guys on Friday. It will not have all the art in it. But the Codex of Aihrde is done and about 80% laid out. We are wrestling with internal pagation, section headings etc. Its 276 pages long, and will be another chunk after that.

Maybe Friday…14th…

Steve

_________________
_____________________________
He Who Sits on the Elephants Back
The Troll Lord
Steve Chenault, President & CEO of Chenault & Gray Publishing, Troll Lord Games


Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:30 pm
Profile
Greater Lore Drake

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 2579
Post Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)
Internal pa-what-tion? :lol:


Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:52 am
Profile
Clang lives!
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 7138
Location: Conneaut Lake, PA
Post Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)
When do you think the Kickstarter will launch? I want in on this thing.

R-

_________________
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads


Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:52 am
Profile
Hlobane Orc
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:01 am
Posts: 169
Location: Stevenson, WA
Post Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)
Most definitely will be all over this. :O) I liked that map preview on Facebook!


Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:47 pm
Profile
Mogrl

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 20660
Location: Arizona and St Louis
Post Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)
Troll Lord wrote:
Rigon is correct. Its all in the MT of A.

Now, where are we? We think we are at the end. We hope to have a PDF for you guys on Friday. It will not have all the art in it. But the Codex of Aihrde is done and about 80% laid out. We are wrestling with internal pagation, section headings etc. Its 276 pages long, and will be another chunk after that.

Maybe Friday…14th…

Steve


So did you mean a Friday in December, or the 14th of December?

As for the Kickstarter, I presume your going to make a option available specifically for us previous backers to pay on in order for us to get the maps and anything else unlocked by this Kickstarter? Without paying for the books again? Unless we go for a leather option.

_________________
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.


Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:50 am
Profile
Ungern
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:35 pm
Posts: 99
Post Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)
Treebore wrote:

As for the Kickstarter, I presume your going to make a option available specifically for us previous backers to pay on in order for us to get the maps and anything else unlocked by this Kickstarter? Without paying for the books again? Unless we go for a leather option.


And for those of us who have the (3 years old now) "new" maps already paid for as part of our deal from that pre-order/in house kickstarter, will we be getting those maps from then or the "newer" maps from now?


Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:20 pm
Profile
Greater Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:00 am
Posts: 3232
Post Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)
Treebore wrote:
Troll Lord wrote:
Rigon is correct. Its all in the MT of A.

Now, where are we? We think we are at the end. We hope to have a PDF for you guys on Friday. It will not have all the art in it. But the Codex of Aihrde is done and about 80% laid out. We are wrestling with internal pagation, section headings etc. Its 276 pages long, and will be another chunk after that.

Maybe Friday…14th…

Steve


So did you mean a Friday in December, or the 14th of December?

As for the Kickstarter, I presume your going to make a option available specifically for us previous backers to pay on in order for us to get the maps and anything else unlocked by this Kickstarter? Without paying for the books again? Unless we go for a leather option.


Yes, everything but the leathers are part of an add on. So if you pledge 1.00 you'll be able to buy the bigger maps (assuming this gets funded of course, these things are expensive).

Plus of course any improvements to the two books you get as well.

Plus the stuff from your previous pre-order that isn't offered in the new kickstarter: screens, coins, 9 panel maps on board etc.

Look for the soft open tonight. You should get an email. Anything offered to early backers will be given to ANYONE who preordered the book at 15 or more.

Thanks,
Steve

_________________
_____________________________
He Who Sits on the Elephants Back
The Troll Lord
Steve Chenault, President & CEO of Chenault & Gray Publishing, Troll Lord Games


Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:51 pm
Profile
Greater Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:00 am
Posts: 3232
Post Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)
magick3six wrote:
Treebore wrote:

As for the Kickstarter, I presume your going to make a option available specifically for us previous backers to pay on in order for us to get the maps and anything else unlocked by this Kickstarter? Without paying for the books again? Unless we go for a leather option.


And for those of us who have the (3 years old now) "new" maps already paid for as part of our deal from that pre-order/in house kickstarter, will we be getting those maps from then or the "newer" maps from now?


Depending on where you pre-order landed, you will probably get the 9 standard maps of the Cradle of the World, or the smaller Cradle of the World map that is 24 x 18. If you pre-ordered through the TLG website 3 million years ago, at 50+ you'll have the nine panels, if you pre-ordered via the PH Kickstarter, you'll have the 24 x 18.

So if you are happy with your pre-order your good to go, and can just enjoy the benefits of the of the Kickstarter. Depending on your pre-order amount, you'll get any stretch goals offered that qualify. So if you pre-ordered 100.00 bucks 3 years ago, and a stretch reward is achieved that goes to all 69 level and above pledges, you get that stretch reward. But lets say you preordered 50 dollars 3 years ago, and a stretch reward only goes to 69+ pledge levels, you can hop on and pledge the difference, 19.00 in this case, and get the stretch reward.

Hope that makes sense! Treebore, you can probably explain that better, as I know you speak the garbled language that rolls around in my head pretty good! :lol:

Soft open tonight. if you preordered YOU ALREADY qualify for the early bird offering so no need to do anything...unless yuo want the new stuff.

Thanks,
Steve

_________________
_____________________________
He Who Sits on the Elephants Back
The Troll Lord
Steve Chenault, President & CEO of Chenault & Gray Publishing, Troll Lord Games


Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:00 pm
Profile
Hlobane Orc
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:01 am
Posts: 169
Location: Stevenson, WA
Post Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)
Oh nice....a soft opening!

I am waiting. :O) Impatiently by computer. :ugeek:


Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:53 pm
Profile
Clang lives!
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 7138
Location: Conneaut Lake, PA
Post Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)
How do we get into this soft release? I haven't received a newsletter yet announcing it. I usually do for the kickstarters.

R-

_________________
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads


Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:25 am
Profile
Hlobane Orc
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:01 am
Posts: 169
Location: Stevenson, WA
Post Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)
Don't think its launched yet.....


Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:48 am
Profile
Greater Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:00 am
Posts: 3232
Post Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)
About 10 pm CST tonight.

Make sure you on the Tusk. http://visitor.constantcontact.com/mana ... UMXw%3D%3D

Steve

_________________
_____________________________
He Who Sits on the Elephants Back
The Troll Lord
Steve Chenault, President & CEO of Chenault & Gray Publishing, Troll Lord Games


Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:50 am
Profile
Clang lives!
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 7138
Location: Conneaut Lake, PA
Post Re: TLG 8126 Codex of Aihrde (Preorder)
Troll Lord wrote:
About 10 pm CST tonight.

Make sure you on the Tusk. http://visitor.constantcontact.com/mana ... UMXw%3D%3D

Steve

I'll be looking for it.

R-

_________________
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads


Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:14 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.