Gonna Try This Again

The Worlds of Aihrde (Erde), Inzae, their history, game play and more.
Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Gonna Try This Again

Post by Julian Grimm »

Many of you know I have struggled with using Aihrde as a setting. However I have tried and I am getting ready to try again. This time around I am going to play it more fast and loose and incorporate some ideas of my own in with it. I will use this thread to show my changes and additions. Hopefully it will work this time.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Rigon
Clang lives!

Re: Gonna Try This Again

Post by Rigon »

Goog luck JG. I'm gonna wait for the new Codex before I attempt to run an Aihrde campaign, but I'm thinking it will be my next one. Not sure if I'll base it around the Drakenfold or Blacktooth Ridge yet, but it will be somewhere. So I can't wait to see your ideas sho I can steal them.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

The idea this time around is to focus more around Blacktooth Ridge and lightly have the A-Series involved. Basically an idea mining. Another thing I am doing is going with a more high magic, somewhat 'dungeonpunk' angle with it. In the years between the end of the WD and the campaign beginning I am having new discoveries come about as well a change in magic with the banishment of Unklar.

I still haven't decided what I am going to do about my issues with history and whether or not to keep the timeline as is or advance it like I have thought about. Although, setting the game during the Age of Heroes is an option as it would fit some of the above ideas.

Of course, I will be keeping the setting light at first to make sure it all works out.
Lord Skystorm

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Here's the first few ideas I am going with:

* Unklar's banishment is pretty much permanent. While fear of him persists Corthain has made sure he is not coming back. This allows for new threats to form; one of which may be a resurrected Thorax.

* In the years between the end of the WD and the campaign new discoveries have been made. First has been a change in magic thanks to Unklar no longer fooling with nature. Second is devices and science from the Age of Heroes that were found at the tale end of the Winter Dark Wars. The final set of discoveries came about because of the empire and advances during the war.

* This is the beginning of a new Age of Heroes where some of the old returns and some new is coming. Aihrde itself is attempting to fix the natural order of things and recover from what Unklar did. In order to do so, the true powers that be are repairing the world based off a past age.

One idea that I am playing with is that Thorax and Mordius are going to return to fill the void left by the All Father. Corthain would represent law, with Mordius representing Neutrality and Thorax representing Chaos.
Lord Skystorm

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

My home campaign was wrapped around the Blacktooth Ridge series, along with the attempts to free Unklar from his banishment, as well as resurrecting the All Father. Both sides have failed, so far...

So yeah, make it your own. "Official" materials are never "canon" for me, they are suggested guidelines.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

That is my overall plan. I am going with Blacktooth as I can fall back on the A-series if needed. Some of the changes have also been driven by me burning out on a certain style of fantasy and looking for something new. I am going carefully though. If Aihrde does not work out for the group and myself I am leaving it to where I can port Blacktooth and New Aenoch somewhere else if needed.
Lord Skystorm

MadCartographer
Hlobane Orc

Post by MadCartographer »

Julian Grimm wrote:Many of you know I have struggled with using Aihrde as a setting. However I have tried and I am getting ready to try again. This time around I am going to play it more fast and loose and incorporate some ideas of my own in with it. I will use this thread to show my changes and additions. Hopefully it will work this time.
Have a look at my Lerchanth setting. It's only maps so you can add or do what you want:

https://www.facebook.com/TheMadCartogra ... hy/?ref=hl

Check in the Photo's section, Albums, World of Lerchanth

MadCartographer

MadCartographer
Hlobane Orc

Post by MadCartographer »