Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Aramis
Lore Drake

Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign

Post by Aramis »

We wondered what happened to our pal Rigon. Skip the map for tonight or just use roll20. Just get on skype and let's win this dungeon

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

PS- is your router part of your cable modem? if not, just plug directly into the modem, skip the router for now, and just get connected

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Any luck, Rigon?

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Router did something wonky and messed the modem up. May have to reset the router. give me a few more mins to mess with this.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

So, I've finally reached the point that dealing with router/connection issues on MapTools out weighs the clunkiness of Roll20. I started setting up the campaign on Roll20 after I got all of my router/modem issues resolved. If you email me a picture for your avatars, I will get them loaded on Roll20 and put the basic info on each one for you guys. Hopefully, this will stop any further issues we've had with connectivity.
My email is cwm4073 at yahoo.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

If you can save and send out the Maptool tokens we can load them into Maptool and then type them into Roll20 ourselves and save you some work. Are you going to be using the Character Sheet support? (You can select it from Campaign Settings before you launch the campaign.)
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Aergraith wrote:If you can save and send out the Maptool tokens we can load them into Maptool and then type them into Roll20 ourselves and save you some work. Are you going to be using the Character Sheet support? (You can select it from Campaign Settings before you launch the campaign.)
I probably will, if it makes things easier for everyone. I didn't know that players could import images into the campaign. I thought only the DM could add images. But if you guys can get that stuff transferred, that makes it easier for me. Other than Tree's game, I have very little experience with Roll20, so I'm trying to learn as much as possible as quickly as possible.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I enabled the C&C character sheet for Roll20 and players adding tokens functions. I'll get the invites out for the campaign as soon as I find time (today or tomorrow). You guys should be able to input your own tokens.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Here is the link to the campaign.

https://app.roll20.net/join/352286/WrCh3Q

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Rigon wrote:
Aergraith wrote:If you can save and send out the Maptool tokens we can load them into Maptool and then type them into Roll20 ourselves and save you some work. Are you going to be using the Character Sheet support? (You can select it from Campaign Settings before you launch the campaign.)
I probably will, if it makes things easier for everyone. I didn't know that players could import images into the campaign. I thought only the DM could add images. But if you guys can get that stuff transferred, that makes it easier for me. Other than Tree's game, I have very little experience with Roll20, so I'm trying to learn as much as possible as quickly as possible.

R-
What I meant was if you sent us our Maptool tokens (or let us log in to grab them), we would have all of our character info. We can import our tokens into our own copy of Maptool, then we can read whats in them and type them into our sheets in Roll20.

On the Roll20 side, once we log in, you need to go to Characters, click Add, and then in "Can Be Edited and Controlled By" type the login name we used. You can add an image to the token whenever. You link tokens to sheets; then when you move a token to a new map it stays linked to the same sheet and stuff doesn't disappear.

Also see this:
https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Rolling_For_Initiative

You can set up a macro to roll initiative for every token you select on the map and put the result in the initiative tracker.

rom90125
Red Cap

Post by rom90125 »

Aergraith wrote:
Rigon wrote:

R-
What I meant was if you sent us our Maptool tokens (or let us log in to grab them), we would have all of our character info. We can import our tokens into our own copy of Maptool, then we can read whats in them and type them into our sheets in Roll20.

On the Roll20 side, once we log in, you need to go to Characters, click Add, and then in "Can Be Edited and Controlled By" type the login name we used. You can add an image to the token whenever. You link tokens to sheets; then when you move a token to a new map it stays linked to the same sheet and stuff doesn't disappear.

Also see this:

You can set up a macro to roll initiative for every token you select on the map and put the result in the initiative tracker.

I have alot of the auto-initiative macros already configured for my own Roll20 C&C campaigns. I'm not sure if I can share them outside of the Roll20 Dev Server, since I am supporting Roll20 at a Mentor level, my campaigns are run on the Dev server (by choice). I guess I can look into it and let you know.
Achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is within you. Success is being praised by others. That is nice but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Aergraith wrote:
Rigon wrote:

R-

Also see this:

If you get your token on there, I can copy/paste from the MapTools tokens. Then you can set up the character sheets and macros.

Rom, that would be awesome if you could share any macros. I have some basic ones set up for me to use, but more macros are always welcomed.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

There's nothing we can do except log in. You have to add a sheet, and then associate it with our login. I've logged in so my name will autocomplete when you make a sheet. You can add sheets, for us and important NPCs, independent of us. In Roll20 tokens aren't the central unit of play (like in Maptool); sheets are. Though you can have standalone tokens for throwaway monsters and NPCs, they don't have all of the stats a full sheet does. A PC's token is just a picture on the map that is associated to a backing sheet. Players can't normally drag an image onto the play area.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Aergraith wrote:There's nothing we can do except log in. You have to add a sheet, and then associate it with our login. I've logged in so my name will autocomplete when you make a sheet. You can add sheets, for us and important NPCs, independent of us. In Roll20 tokens aren't the central unit of play (like in Maptool); sheets are. Though you can have standalone tokens for throwaway monsters and NPCs, they don't have all of the stats a full sheet does. A PC's token is just a picture on the map that is associated to a backing sheet. Players can't normally drag an image onto the play area.
Thanks for the info. Still so much I don't know. Need to find time to mess with it more. I'll get it figured out.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Ok, I've logged in and save it as a favorite (so I get to it quickly).

As for helping set things up .... not sure how much I can help. However, if you need me to do anything point me in the right direction & I'll put my hand to the plow on it.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I put up some generic sheets, labeled by player name and opened for everyone to edit. That way you guys can go in and start editing your characters. I'll try to get your character sheets off of your MT tokens at some point tonight. I have to hook my computer back up and make sure everything is still working.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

rom90125
Red Cap

Post by rom90125 »

Rigon wrote:I put up some generic sheets, labeled by player name and opened for everyone to edit. That way you guys can go in and start editing your characters. I'll try to get your character sheets off of your MT tokens at some point tonight. I have to hook my computer back up and make sure everything is still working.

R-
Thanks mang!
Achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is within you. Success is being praised by others. That is nice but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I need a link to your Roll 20 game so I can do it too.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:I need a link to your Roll 20 game so I can do it too.
Rigon wrote:Here is the link to the campaign.

https://app.roll20.net/join/352286/WrCh3Q

R-
;)

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Ok, I've imported your character sheets from MT to Roll20. The only thing I couldn't do was copy your token images. You guys will have to take care of that on your end and set up any macros and such. I will take care of re-sizing your tokens once you have images loaded. Other than that, we should be good to go on Roll20.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

One small thing to think about. When you set up our tokens and monster tokens, decide which stats each bar is associated with and stick with it. If it's the same for PCs and monsters it will make your life a little easier.

Make sure when you set up tokens for the PCs you associate them with a sheet and connect each of the bars to hp/ac/something else. It's easier to do this once someone has actually typed stuff into their character sheet (by which I mean the sheet on the second tab; it will create attributes on the attribute tab that are standard.)

We as PCs can set up our avatar picture, and I think you can drag that to the playing surface to use as a token, but the main purpose is for chat and the character sheet list. The picture you set on the token itself is probably more important and for that purpose (and we can't do that ourselves initially).

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Aergraith wrote:One small thing to think about. When you set up our tokens and monster tokens, decide which stats each bar is associated with and stick with it. If it's the same for PCs and monsters it will make your life a little easier.

Make sure when you set up tokens for the PCs you associate them with a sheet and connect each of the bars to hp/ac/something else. It's easier to do this once someone has actually typed stuff into their character sheet (by which I mean the sheet on the second tab; it will create attributes on the attribute tab that are standard.)

We as PCs can set up our avatar picture, and I think you can drag that to the playing surface to use as a token, but the main purpose is for chat and the character sheet list. The picture you set on the token itself is probably more important and for that purpose (and we can't do that ourselves initially).
Good to know. Thanks.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

rom90125
Red Cap

Post by rom90125 »

Now that both Monday night campaigns appear to be moving forward using Roll20, I will get off my ass and start the next phase of development on the C&C character sheet for Roll20. I have a small wish list from a few of my players, however, as you begin to use the sheet, be sure to trap what you don't like about it, or, what you wish it would do and I'll add it to the list. I will do my best to be timely with the sheet updates, however, I know that my pace will be slow. Life has too many other distractions for me... Thanks.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Rom, one thing I noticed, it would be nice if the attribute rolls said if the roll was prime or not.
I don't know if there is room or if it wouldn't work, but a second roll button for "don't add level" might be nice for CKs who allow cross-class skills.
Finally, class abilities sometimes are associated with a stat, if there was a roll icon and dropdown for a stat, that'd be nice, but since some don't have a stat that might be difficult.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

We are on for tonight (barring anything unforeseen). Get your Roll20 stuff in order.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

rom90125
Red Cap

Post by rom90125 »

Aergraith wrote:Rom, one thing I noticed, it would be nice if the attribute rolls said if the roll was prime or not.
I don't know if there is room or if it wouldn't work, but a second roll button for "don't add level" might be nice for CKs who allow cross-class skills.
Finally, class abilities sometimes are associated with a stat, if there was a roll icon and dropdown for a stat, that'd be nice, but since some don't have a stat that might be difficult.
Thanks bro. Noted and added to the list.

rom90125
Red Cap

Post by rom90125 »

Rig, can you create a new handout in Roll20 and allow my character to edit it? I want to create Elena's prayer book within Roll20 with hyperlinks to the spells and such. Thank you sir.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

rom90125 wrote:I will get off my ass and start the next phase of development on the C&C character sheet for Roll20.
Looks like so far we are the only ones using the sheets in this game :).

rom90125
Red Cap

Post by rom90125 »

Aergraith wrote:
rom90125 wrote:I will get off my ass and start the next phase of development on the C&C character sheet for Roll20.
Yeah... I created macros for the weapons that can be shared between players that want to use the char sheet.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

rom90125 wrote:
Aergraith wrote:
Yeah... I created macros for the weapons that can be shared between players that want to use the char sheet.
Cool!