Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Monday Night FR Mere of Dead Men Campaign

Post by Lurker »

My cousin hit a buck and needs help taking care of it. I hope I'll be back in time to start. If not, I'll be here ASAP !
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Guys, I hate to do this, but I may not be able to make it tonight.

My mom is watching my little girls, so I can have a good quiet date night with my wife ... dinner, a movie (the hobbit more than likely) and just spending a little time together without 2 little girls that talk and ask questions incessantly.

If the game goes tonight, use Alywine as needed. Don't forget his Knight abilities (inspire, embolden & discourage the enemy etc) and his Paladin laying on hands and 1st level cleric spells (3 or 4 1st level spells if I remember correctly, use CLW) I think you'll need them!
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lurker wrote:Guys, I hate to do this, but I may not be able to make it tonight.

My mom is watching my little girls, so I can have a good quiet date night with my wife ... dinner, a movie (the hobbit more than likely) and just spending a little time together without 2 little girls that talk and ask questions incessantly.

If the game goes tonight, use Alywine as needed. Don't forget his Knight abilities (inspire, embolden & discourage the enemy etc) and his Paladin laying on hands and 1st level cleric spells (3 or 4 1st level spells if I remember correctly, use CLW) I think you'll need them!
What?!? A date night with the wife, without kids?!? Are you insane??!!

I hear you, my wife and I needed to do the same to stay connected.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Have fun with your wife Les.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

rom90125
Red Cap

Post by rom90125 »

Rig, I'm gonna need to bow out of to tonight's session as well. I thought I could make it work but a head cold is kicking my butt.
Achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is within you. Success is being praised by others. That is nice but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

rom90125 wrote:Rig, I'm gonna need to bow out of to tonight's session as well. I thought I could make it work but a head cold is kicking my butt.
No problem Rom, feel better.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

ArrowHawk
Hlobane Orc

Post by ArrowHawk »

Sorry I missed the game Chuck. Got home late and went out for supper with my parents for my 40th!

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

ArrowHawk wrote:Sorry I missed the game Chuck. Got home late and went out for supper with my parents for my 40th!
No problem.

But for those of you who missed last night, you all are in a very sticky predicament and may not make it out alive. :twisted: We played an extra hour last night and still have a good bit of combat left to go. The Daggers of Bhaal are a formidable bunch.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

We were afflicted by recent topics of discussion, from Type VI poison to assassins. We need to get Rigon to stop reading these posts for ideas.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Aergraith wrote:We were afflicted by recent topics of discussion, from Type VI poison to assassins. We need to get Rigon to stop reading these posts for ideas.
My ideas for this were set long before the poison thread started. I can be a devious bastard when I want.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Last nights sessions did get me to thinking I need to tweak my House Rules on Poison. Mine are based on 10th level assumptions, but with realizing that it requires Greater Restoration to recover from the Type VI poison I am thinking I should adjust my assumptions up to at least 13th level.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Rigon wrote:
ArrowHawk wrote:Sorry I missed the game Chuck. Got home late and went out for supper with my parents for my 40th!
No problem.

But for those of you who missed last night, you all are in a very sticky predicament and may not make it out alive. :twisted: We played an extra hour last night and still have a good bit of combat left to go. The Daggers of Bhaal are a formidable bunch.

R-
What surprised me the most was what the paladin did. The demon did demand a sacrifice, but what the paladin did was truly depraved. I can't wait to read the write up on that one. Filthy!

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Aergraith wrote:We were afflicted by recent topics of discussion, from Type VI poison to assassins. We need to get Rigon to stop reading these posts for ideas.
Don't bother trying to write in pig latin. We already tried that but he appears to be fluent :lol:

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Aramis wrote:
Rigon wrote:
No problem.

R-
What surprised me the most was what the paladin did. The demon did demand a sacrifice, but what the paladin did was truly depraved. I can't wait to read the write up on that one. Filthy!

Me too, but wait, I write the write ups and wasn't there, so I guess it never happened :lol:

C&C Society

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

We are on for tonight aren't we ?

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lurker wrote:We are on for tonight aren't we ?
I THINK Rigon said he didn't know, because he was traveling, and wasn't sure which days he'd be doing it on, or at what times. So we just have to keep an eye on it, for those of us able to play tonight.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Game on.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

If the Mere of Dead Men ends here, if you are a Supporter or higher in Roll20 you can use the Vault to store your character so you can bring it out of the mothballs later.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Some chap on a message board made a hex map of the sword coast:

http://i.imgur.com/2El2Of7.jpg

prompting some other feller to mention WOTC just made a fancy hi res map of the same region:

http://media.wizards.com/2015/images/dn ... ighRes.jpg

And I know our esteemed GM is a big fan of the forgotten realms, so there ya go. They even have the fabled mere of dead men on them.

And if you look real close, you can still see the crater made by poor Thog's exploding cranium (they say hollow things make a bigger explosion) ;)

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

NICE !

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I knew I recognized that map! Its the Watchfire Keep Map by Jonathan Roberts! (The keep we went in and killed everyone, freeing all those people, finding leads, had that fight with the evil clerics, etc...)

Anyways, I was going through all the maps I own, looking for something usable for my face to face game, and came across it. If anyone wants to get it, its on drivethru under the Fantastic Maps company name. As Watchfire Keep. He has it at 33% off right now, I think. It may be part of a bundle deal only...

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Here is his website, where he offers of 10 free to use maps, IE personal use, as well as links to bundle deals he is offering on drivethrurpg...

http://www.fantasticmaps.com/free-stuff/