Availability in the UK

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Vesavius
Skobbit

Availability in the UK

Post by Vesavius »

Hi guys, first post and it's a question.

I am looking to get hold of C&C, but the core books seem to be of stock/ unavailable everywhere I look (and I have contacted a few of the named UK carriers from the TL site). Am I missing something as a newb? Are the books this hard to get your hands on in general? Even on Amazon UK they seem to go for outlandish prices...

I just wanna play!! ;)

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Availability in the UK

Post by Buttmonkey »

Sorry to hear that. I don't have any knowledge of availability of the books in the U.K. On the plus side, you can purchase and download the core books in PDF at rpgnow.com. That's not the same as having an actual book in your hands, but it beats not having C&C at all. Good luck!
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Vesavius
Skobbit

Post by Vesavius »

Thanks for the reply. :)

Yeah, I was hoping to get the physical books before we started, it doesn't feel like a proper game to me unless I have the books in my hand.

TBH, I am even a bit hesitant getting involved with a system that I can't even get the stuff for in this country (because the airmail listed in the TL store is a no go for me). It's a shame, the system really appeals.

ChaosImp
Hlobane Orc

Post by ChaosImp »

I use IGUK they should have most of the books in stock.

IMP

Vesavius
Skobbit

Post by Vesavius »

ChaosImp wrote:I use IGUK they should have most of the books in stock.

IMP
Yeah, checked those guys out, but they are out of stock apparently, which seems to norm everywhere I look.

Thanks for taking the time though :)

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

Welcome to the Crusade, Vesavius!

It could possibly be because of the new printing. Many distributors and/or retailers may be waiting for a restock of 6th printing books. I don't know how that end is going, though. I know a local chain store (Books-A-Million) has a 6th printing on their shelf, which was a fantastic sight, by the way. That may be a stretch of a reason, though...I don't know. You can order directly from the Trolls, but I know overseas shipping can be a bit much sometimes.
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Vesavius wrote:Thanks for the reply. :)

Yeah, I was hoping to get the physical books before we started, it doesn't feel like a proper game to me unless I have the books in my hand.

TBH, I am even a bit hesitant getting involved with a system that I can't even get the stuff for in this country (because the airmail listed in the TL store is a no go for me). It's a shame, the system really appeals.
Keep in mind that one of the major advantages of the C&C system is it is very easily adaptable to 3.5 edition materials, pathfinder materials, 1st and 2nd ed AD&D materials, and maybe 4th and 5th edition D&D (I don't know those last two). It's not the kind of game where the Trolls will have a new adventure path module and a new book of character options in the shop every month.

So, once you have the Players Handbook, Monsters and Treasure (and I would recommend the Castle Keeper's Guide as well), you have literally 100s of modules, worlds, and adventure paths that, after a bit of mental practice you can adapt on the fly as you play them

I saw some new copies of all three books for sale on ebay.co.uk when I looked

Vesavius
Skobbit

Post by Vesavius »

Lord Dynel wrote:Welcome to the Crusade, Vesavius!
Thanks!

Vesavius
Skobbit

Post by Vesavius »

Aramis wrote:
Vesavius wrote:Thanks for the reply. :)

Keep in mind that one of the major advantages of the C&C system is it is very easily adaptable to 3.5 edition materials, pathfinder materials, 1st and 2nd ed AD&D materials, and maybe 4th and 5th edition D&D (I don't know those last two). It's not the kind of game where the Trolls will have a new adventure path module and a new book of character options in the shop every month.

So, once you have the Players Handbook, Monsters and Treasure (and I would recommend the Castle Keeper's Guide as well), you have literally 100s of modules, worlds, and adventure paths that, after a bit of mental practice you can adapt on the fly as you play them

I saw some new copies of all three books for sale on ebay.co.uk when I looked
Yep, it's the core books I am talking about here for sure. I shall check ebay, I must admit I only looked at retailers. Thanks for the reply.

gandy
Henchman

Post by gandy »

<De-Lurk> You can, it appears get them from Games Lore 8-)

ChaosImp
Hlobane Orc

Post by ChaosImp »

Just checked IGUK and they have the players handbook and monsters and treasure in stock, along with loads of modules.

IMP

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

ChaosImp wrote:Just checked IGUK and they have the players handbook and monsters and treasure in stock, along with loads of modules.

IMP
I just checked and they have M&T 3rd & 4th printing but no PHB was listed. Nor did it come up when searched for.

S, since they have the latest M&T they must just have sld out of the new PHB. They need to reorder. Vesavius, just contact them and ask for it.
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

Ebay has plenty of options, as already stated.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Troll-Lord-Ca ... 234940f0f0

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Castle-Crusad ... 3f3c45ce19

...just to list a few. Then here's one M&T...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Monsters-Trea ... 2c94ec9c12

Don't know if it helps, but there you have it. :)
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

Vesavius
Skobbit

Post by Vesavius »

Arduin wrote:
ChaosImp wrote:Just checked IGUK and they have the players handbook and monsters and treasure in stock, along with loads of modules.

IMP
I just checked and they have M&T 3rd & 4th printing but no PHB was listed. Nor did it come up when searched for.

S, since they have the latest M&T they must just have sld out of the new PHB. They need to reorder. Vesavius, just contact them and ask for it.

Yeah, I have already, but it doesn't when they will have it and I just wanted one sooner than later due to our game starting. I will just have to wait for whenever it is one turns up.

First world problems eh?

Vesavius
Skobbit

Post by Vesavius »

gandy wrote:<De-Lurk> You can, it appears get them from Games Lore 8-)
Thanks for the tip :)

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I know anarchy is available.

Should be able to get it on every street corner whilst bobbying about cities and larger establishments.

For C&C... no idea. I don't want to swim the pond to be turned back.