Who's running games at GenCon?

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Who's running games at GenCon?

Post by tylermo »

I'm sure some of you are attending GenCon this year. We're curious as to how many of you have/or are submitting games for this year's event. GC is accepting game submissions, and we want to make sure Castles and Crusades is well represented. Please e-mail me at [email protected] with your game event information once it has been confirmed with GenCon. Thanks. :)

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Re: Who's running games at GenCon?

Post by Breakdaddy »

I wish I could plan that far in advance! I hope to attend this year but as usual I'm in a 'wait and see' mode.
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I understand. I'm trying to work out a few details myself.

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

I can't give a complete definite until we preorder our badges, but I would say there's a very good chance I will be running C&C games at GC.
- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Off Grid game at GenCon 2015, Check!
For you Facebook users: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Castles ... desGENCON/

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

ArgoForg, will that be scheduled games or off-schedule?

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Hey folks!

I'm going to GenCon this year. Still not sure if I will run something or not (official or otherwise). It will also be my honeymoon so I'll have to spend quality time with the wife. ;)

PS -- Honeymoon at GenCon was *her* idea.

M

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Mori, I'm not sure about the official deadline for game submissions. I think it might be Feb. 7th if you want a guarantee, but you'd have to check the GC website. I'm all but dead certain I'm going, and will have to submit games soon.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

moriarty777 wrote:PS -- Honeymoon at GenCon was *her* idea.
Niiiice! Sometimes you win the lottery. :D
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

moriarty777 wrote:Hey folks!

I'm going to GenCon this year. Still not sure if I will run something or not (official or otherwise). It will also be my honeymoon so I'll have to spend quality time with the wife. ;)

PS -- Honeymoon at GenCon was *her* idea.

M
Nice! My wife's going this year, too (a first for her)!
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

thenorthman
Hlobane Orc

Post by thenorthman »

Oh no its not Feb. 7th that is for sure.

They accept new entries quite late, in fact think new events are added during the event.

But to be in the catalog I believe its June sometime. Coincides I believe with the last dates you can get a full refund on your badge I believe and or change your events. That is when they start printing off the event tickets and either mail them to you or put them in will call.

I am looking on their page and can't seem to find an exact date. Do see May 17th but think that is when people can start to register for events. But know new events are added after this event registration date as new ones kept getting added last year.

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

@Tyler- most likely on the grid. But there is certainly the possibility of Off the Grid games, too.
- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Cool, Argo. If you end up submitting any on-grids in particular, let us know about them. We'll get the word out. Also, we'll do our best to let GC patrons know about the off-the-grid games.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Hello again. Got an e-mail from GenCon. Today is the last day for submitting events, if you want sort of a guarantee of getting space, inclusion in the book, and what not. Don't have the e-mail right in front of me, but that's gist of it. Not sure what the absolute cut off date is for submitting events, but it sounds like it's best to have them in no later than today. I have to get cracking...

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I think the absolute cut-off date for game submissions is sometime next month. That said, I got mine in by this initial deadline. Don't quote me, but Stephen is running one game at GenCon, Todd Gray-2? games, Jason Vey-1 C&C and 2-AA's, and I'm running 3 C&C. Not too bad, but we hope to have some of you on the schedule as well. It's not too late for Troll Lord to dominate the schedule at GenCon. :D

thenorthman
Hlobane Orc

Post by thenorthman »

tylermo wrote:Hello again. Got an e-mail from GenCon. Today is the last day for submitting events, if you want sort of a guarantee of getting space, inclusion in the book, and what not. Don't have the e-mail right in front of me, but that's gist of it. Not sure what the absolute cut off date is for submitting events, but it sounds like it's best to have them in no later than today. I have to get cracking...
Interesting....

dbush1809
Skobbit

Post by dbush1809 »

If TL is hosting some C&C events at GenCon this year I'd be willing to do some CK'ing.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

dbush, we don't have any sort of Troll room if that's what you mean. However, feel free to submit some Castles and Crusades games at GC. TLG staff has a fair amount on the schedule, but not close to where we'd like to be. Not sure what the final cutoff is for submissions, but we'd love for you to help us out. If you submit some games, e-mail me all of the details at [email protected] Thank you.

dbush1809
Skobbit

Post by dbush1809 »

Sorry to hear that TLG will not have a room playing C&C. I checked the GenCon website and I've until May 17th it looks like to submit a game. I'd have to work pretty fast creating an adventure and get it play tested as they usually run in 4 hour game sessions if memory serves me correctly. I'll see if I can come up with something. I usually don't attend GenCon, preferring Origons or some of the other con's as they are not near as expensive but was wanting to support C&C.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Dbush, I'll certainly talk to Stephen about it in the near future. I think the idea has been talked about. Don't drive yourself mad trying to get a scenario on the schedule, but we'd certainly appreciate it. :) If you come by the booth, be sure to identify yourself. Always love meeting forum members. Thank you for supporting C&C.

dbush1809
Skobbit

Post by dbush1809 »

Any suggestions of a good 1st level module you'd (TLG) would want run? Or perhaps a homegrown adventure? Not sure what would help the most in spreading the word on C&C.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

There are several 1st or low level mod's, but most of them would be too long for a 4-hour convention slot. I love A0: The Rising Knight, but it's way over page count for a con. Let me get back to you. The floor is certainly open to any others who'd like to offer an opinion.

dbush1809
Skobbit

Post by dbush1809 »

I could make an adventure but feel running a module would better represent C&C though the time constraint might hinder that. Yes, any suggestions would be most helpful.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

You could run one of the C&C Society tournament modules that have been used over the last few years.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Post by Snoring Rock »

I will be there. I am running 2 games on the grid and will running something off the grid as well...

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Would love to get in one of your games, Clovis. I'll be in the booth every day, and then I'm running games nightly at 7pm, I think it was. Dinner for me will be Steak n' Shake in the wee hours of the morning. It's all good though. I bumped into Harold Johnson of TSR at about 1:30am. Always nice to speak with him, especially at Steak n' Shake. haha

dbush1809
Skobbit

Post by dbush1809 »

Buttmonkey wrote:You could run one of the C&C Society tournament modules that have been used over the last few years.

I apologize if this seems naive, but where can I find the C&C society modules? If I can get the logistics worked out to run a module I'll do so, but would also love to get in on some other C&C games being run.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

dbush1809 wrote:
Buttmonkey wrote:You could run one of the C&C Society tournament modules that have been used over the last few years.

I apologize if this seems naive, but where can I find the C&C society modules? If I can get the logistics worked out to run a module I'll do so, but would also love to get in on some other C&C games being run.
Try PMing CKDad or Seskis. I believe they coauthored at least two tournament modules for the C&CS.

dbush1809
Skobbit

Post by dbush1809 »

Will do. I'll send a PM and see if I can get some help with a module. thanks!

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

dbush, as a company, we're putting on 9 games at GenCon. Plus, as stated earlier, Clovis has 2 on the schedule. I'm hoping there'll be even more, but that gives you 11 to chose from at least.