Amazing Adventures at The Side Quest

Discussion of the pulp roleplaying system, including hard-boiled detectives, fedora-wearing action heroes, and steampunk gadgeteers rocketing to battle.
Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Re: Amazing Adventures at The Side Quest

Post by Jason Vey »

Sounds cool! Hope you'll keep us updated on the goings-on!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Nice job arcanechimera! Saturdays are when I usually run my C&C games, so I will probably not be able to make it. Though, if I ever get an off-night I will probably stop up there and say hello/watch/join in if I can. The Side Quest in Lakewood is the preeminent geek-bar on the westside of Cleveland. Love it!

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

arcanechimera wrote:We had a character roll up last Saturday. Six players made characters. Our next game is coming up this Saturday and I'm going to run them through a homebrew adventure set on the California coast in 1987. Five people should be coming to the game. We're ending at 9pm so we can stay at the bar and watch Dr. Who. Gotta love being able to hang out, drink beers, roll dice, and watch Dr. Who on the big screens.
Nice! So what characters do you have?

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Post by finarvyn »

Any chance you can post copies of the characters? I'm thinking of throwing together an AA game for my crew and they could make great pregens. 8-)
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

finarvyn wrote:Any chance you can post copies of the characters? I'm thinking of throwing together an AA game for my crew and they could make great pregens. 8-)
You could also adopt the pregen iconics in the new revised core book ;)

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Damn sorry to hear that.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

arcanechimera wrote:That's ok. It had nothing to do with Amazing Adventures. And I learned a lot more about the game. I still have a C&C game running at Immortals Inc., and down the road I may run one that combines C&C with some of the classes from AA. Jason put a lot in the companion book about how to do that. The AA books are pretty awesome.
Man, that's unfortunate, but thanks for the complement--glad you like the game!

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Post by finarvyn »

The Grey Elf wrote:
finarvyn wrote:Any chance you can post copies of the characters? I'm thinking of throwing together an AA game for my crew and they could make great pregens. 8-)
You could also adopt the pregen iconics in the new revised core book ;)
I'll see if I can do that. I haven't totally worked my way through the revised core book yet.
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Two things, though most of them are not helpful to the point of this thread:

One, I bet we could get a kickass game of a cyberpunk-style AA game up at the Side Quest. Model it somewhat off the old Shadowrun Missions system. Alas, there needs to be more support for that style of Amazing Adventures IMO. Ahem, Jason Vey. AHEM! ;)

Arcanechimera, specifically:
Would a normal Castles & Crusades game work better than AA did at the Side Quest?

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

Omote wrote:Two things, though most of them are not helpful to the point of this thread:

One, I bet we could get a kickass game of a cyberpunk-style AA game up at the Side Quest. Model it somewhat off the old Shadowrun Missions system. Alas, there needs to be more support for that style of Amazing Adventures IMO. Ahem, Jason Vey. AHEM! ;)

Arcanechimera, specifically:
Would a normal Castles & Crusades game work better than AA did at the Side Quest?

~O
I've actually suggested "living" style campaigns to Steve and the other Trolls. The feeling is there's not enough of a dedicated pool, nor the company resources, to properly support such a thing. All of us think it would be awesome, but man, there is a LOT that goes into that kind of thing.

I do want to do a lot more pre-gen adventure support for AA, but with the industry in transition and the Trolls changing our approach to smaller releases, we're not 100% sure what that'll look like right now. Steve and I have some big things planned (including a big C&C/AA crossover that could be described as a big company meta-event) but there's a lot to get caught up on with Kickstarters and such before we can move on that.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

The Grey Elf wrote: I've actually suggested "living" style campaigns to Steve and the other Trolls. The feeling is there's not enough of a dedicated pool, nor the company resources, to properly support such a thing. All of us think it would be awesome, but man, there is a LOT that goes into that kind of thing.

I do want to do a lot more pre-gen adventure support for AA, but with the industry in transition and the Trolls changing our approach to smaller releases, we're not 100% sure what that'll look like right now. Steve and I have some big things planned (including a big C&C/AA crossover that could be described as a big company meta-event) but there's a lot to get caught up on with Kickstarters and such before we can move on that.
I know this is probably not what you meant by your reply, but I would not be opposed to a Jason Vey rewrite of the C&C rules with the same amount of time, energy, and love you put into Revised AA. Just saying... Just saying.

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

Omote wrote:
I know this is probably not what you meant by your reply, but I would not be opposed to a Jason Vey rewrite of the C&C rules with the same amount of time, energy, and love you put into Revised AA. Just saying... Just saying.

~O
Nope. I'm not touching the core C&C rules. Those are all Steve, Davis and Mac, and they're the flagship for the company. We are planning on a lot of genre books for AA in the future, though, that will highlight other kinds of play you can do with the rules, from swashbuckling pirates to post-apocalypse.

I did put as much energy, time and love into the Brimstone and the Borderhounds RPG now on Kickstarter, though ;).