Fey-based adventure/source book?

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
rom90125
Red Cap

Fey-based adventure/source book?

Post by rom90125 »

Can anyone recommend either a Fey-based adventure or source book that I can use to build a one-off encounter for my group? We have a tradition going back years (and spanning multiple campaigns and PCs) in which the group faces a 'Headless Horseman'-esque baddie (right down to the jack-o-lantern head) around Halloween each year. Through the years, I've evolved this creature's backstory to so that he was once a powerful druid who was eventually perverted by the magics of dark fey he studied. I'm thinking of having the PCs 'visit' the faerie court(s) this year and was hoping to glean inspiration from either an adventure or source book.
Achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is within you. Success is being praised by others. That is nice but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success.

pawndream
Red Cap

Re: Fey-based adventure/source book?

Post by pawndream »

Codex Celtarum has a ton of stuff about the fey. It's a pretty good book, if you don't already have it, might be worth picking up.

Any of Brian Young's C&C adventures would probably be good as well, e.g., Goblins of Mount Shadow, etc. (F-series in Troll Lord store), as all deal with fey stuff.

rom90125
Red Cap

Post by rom90125 »

pawndream wrote:Codex Celtarum has a ton of stuff about the fey. It's a pretty good book, if you don't already have it, might be worth picking up.

Any of Brian Young's C&C adventures would probably be good as well, e.g., Goblins of Mount Shadow, etc. (F-series in Troll Lord store), as all deal with fey stuff.
Perfect! Thx pawndream!
Achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is within you. Success is being praised by others. That is nice but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

I second that
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Also, know there are some good 3.e fay books out there. I have some on PDF, but would have to dig through my external hd to find which ones they are ...

If Celt Codex doesn't work for you (by the way have to agree it is a great book) let me know and I'll look up the 2 or 3 good ones I have.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society