Black Friday Sales (Regular Books & PDFs)

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Michael Montalto
Ungern

Black Friday Sales (Regular Books & PDFs)

Post by Michael Montalto »

I just received an interesting email from the Trolls regarding a 50% off sale for the core rulebooks and the CKG. I was wondering if there was any intent by the Trolls to create a discount for Black Friday for the standard books as well. I see RPG now (PDFs) but not the actual printed versions of the books.

Thoughts? Feedback?

-mM

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Black Friday Sales (Regular Books & PDFs)

Post by Captain_K »

send your question straight to the trolls - Tim replies usually quickly...
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Yeah, they RARELY come around here anymore, so contact them directly. Tell them I am FAR more interested in print sales than PDF sales.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Be careful with how you word it. 50% may mean you get the top half, the bottom half, left or right half, or first or last half of the book(s) ordered. Ensure you state complete book but price reduced. ;)

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

serleran wrote:Be careful with how you word it. 50% may mean you get the top half, the bottom half, left or right half, or first or last half of the book(s) ordered. Ensure you state complete book but price reduced. ;)
I would laugh, but there is too much truth to it to treat it like a joke...
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Treebore wrote:
serleran wrote:Be careful with how you word it. 50% may mean you get the top half, the bottom half, left or right half, or first or last half of the book(s) ordered. Ensure you state complete book but price reduced. ;)
I would laugh, but there is too much truth to it to treat it like a joke...
Never had that experience myself, but in Trollspeak, it seemed reasonably possible. Or, my favorite, getting every other page.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

We got our wish, the print sale has begun!

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Where is the best place or website to a) see all they have for sale and b) the trolls make the most profit.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Michael Montalto
Ungern

Post by Michael Montalto »

I just ordered 2 Players Handbooks (one for each of my boys), the new Monsters & Treasure (to replace my old one, and I'll give my kids the old one) and the Codex of Aihrde at 40% off from the Trolls holiday sale. So cool!

-mM

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Michael, where did you get the discounted print stuff at, the Trolls website or elsewhere? I'm looking to get a new CKG for me and a Players Handbook for my son.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Just got the following pdfs from DriveThruRPG: The Umbrage Saga boxed set (A0-5+extras), Death in the Treklant (the I series in one book), and C2 - Shades of Mist for $9.73 :D

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

The PRINT matter is only on sale at the Trolls website. If you had been signed up for their newsletter, you would have gotten the link along with the discount code for the 40% off. Plus, you get even MORE off, which is supposed to be automatically applied, when you buy up to $50 worth of stuff, the another increment, then another.

Unfortunately for me, the only thing I don't own is the vinyl Aihrde map, and even at the discount I would get for a $300 item, I'm still not buying it, even below $150 with discounts.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Treebore wrote: Unfortunately for me, the only thing I don't own is the vinyl Aihrde map, and even at the discount I would get for a $300 item, I'm still not buying it, even below $150 with discounts.
But that was supposed to go on the wall at our future compound Treebore! :lol:

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Kayolan wrote:
Treebore wrote: Unfortunately for me, the only thing I don't own is the vinyl Aihrde map, and even at the discount I would get for a $300 item, I'm still not buying it, even below $150 with discounts.
But that was supposed to go on the wall at our future compound Treebore! :lol:
If one of us had already won the Powerball and had the funds to pay for it...

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Treebore wrote:The PRINT matter is only on sale at the Trolls website. If you had been signed up for their newsletter, you would have gotten the link along with the discount code for the 40% off. Plus, you get even MORE off, which is supposed to be automatically applied, when you buy up to $50 worth of stuff, the another increment, then another.

Unfortunately for me, the only thing I don't own is the vinyl Aihrde map, and even at the discount I would get for a $300 item, I'm still not buying it, even below $150 with discounts.
I get an email from them fairly regularly, but apparently that's not the right thing. I got a link to drivethrurpg but I don't want the pdfs. Strange... anyway, I ended up getting the CKG, Engineering Dungeons, and Engineering Castles for under $ 50. Sweet!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

maximus wrote:I get an email from them fairly regularly, but apparently that's not the right thing. I got a link to drivethrurpg but I don't want the pdfs. Strange... anyway, I ended up getting the CKG, Engineering Dungeons, and Engineering Castles for under $ 50. Sweet!
This is the sign up for the newsletter, which is what the sale offers, etc... come through.

http://visitor.constantcontact.com/mana ... UMXw%3D%3D

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Treebore wrote:
maximus wrote:I get an email from them fairly regularly, but apparently that's not the right thing. I got a link to drivethrurpg but I don't want the pdfs. Strange... anyway, I ended up getting the CKG, Engineering Dungeons, and Engineering Castles for under $ 50. Sweet!
This is the sign up for the newsletter, which is what the sale offers, etc... come through.

http://visitor.constantcontact.com/mana ... UMXw%3D%3D
Thanks!

exoknight
Ungern

Post by exoknight »

Picked up the Amazing Adventures bundle for a sweet price.
Check out my Blog.
Monster's Lair: A blog about uncommon creatures from OD&D to D20.
http://creaturespotlight.blogspot.com/

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Just got the CK Guide, Engineering Dungeons, and Engineering Castles. No doubt what I'll be reading tonight! The order came packed tight and the books look great. Well done Trolls!

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

maximus wrote:Just got the CK Guide, Engineering Dungeons, and Engineering Castles. No doubt what I'll be reading tonight! The order came packed tight and the books look great. Well done Trolls!
Let me (us) know what you think after reading them...