[Newbie Questions] Hi!

Discussion of the pulp roleplaying system, including hard-boiled detectives, fedora-wearing action heroes, and steampunk gadgeteers rocketing to battle.
Tore Nielsen
Henchman

[Newbie Questions] Hi!

Post by Tore Nielsen »

Hi, all! I'm new to AA, and even newer to the forum. As such I have some questions. I hope they haven't been done to death, but I did a few searches and did not find what I was looking for.

In the AA Companion alternate takes and skins on character classes are discussed. Along with these are suggestions for appropriate alternate class abilities, such as 'Keen Intellect' and *Overwhelming Personality'. I can't find these in either the core or the companion. What am I missing?

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Re: [Newbie Questions] Hi!

Post by Jason Vey »

My guess is you have an old printing of the Amazing Adventures core rulebook. Is your copy of the corebook a softcover? If so, that's what you're missing. The current hardcover print has been revised from top to bottom and expanded throughout. Part of the expansion was a bunch of new Generic Class Abilities in the core.

Also, the page cross references in the Companion won't match those in the earlier softcover prints of the core.

Tore Nielsen
Henchman

Post by Tore Nielsen »

Ah, that's s it. Thank you. I'll have to get the new version.

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

Tore Nielsen wrote:Ah, that's s it. Thank you. I'll have to get the new version.
No problem! :)