Active Haunted Highlands Games?

All things about the Haunted Highlands!
pawndream
Red Cap

Active Haunted Highlands Games?

Post by pawndream »

Was wondering whether any of you are currently running or playing in any active Haunted Highland games, and if so, what are your characters up to?

For my own part, I have been running a HH PbP over on RPoL for the past year and a half. Characters began the game as captives of a local goblin clan, The Speargutters, and gained a hard-fought escape from their captors, rescuing a minor Karboskan nobleman in the process. Their adventures have since involved gaining an alliance with some local mound sprites and a few forays against the Speargutter Clan's lair, nestled within the Southern Ugashtan Foothills, about 10 miles distant from the Roadhouse. The party is currently attempting to whittle the goblin numbers down by using hit-and-run tactics along a trail that the goblins have been using to launch attacks against Ugashtans clan-holds to the north and what remains of civilization to the south.

Group consists of Human Fighter, Human Barbarian, Human Paladin, Half-Elf Ranger, Human Wizard, and Human Cleric (NPC).

Anyone else have any active HH games going?

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Re: Active Haunted Highlands Games?

Post by Zudrak »

My campaign is "current" in that we plan on playing again, but as my wife and I have a 2 year-old and a 6 month-old in the house, it has been on hiatus for some time and will be for some time more. We do want to get our HH going again, as it has been great fun. The details of my sessions were shared here on these boards in this section. Here's the direct link:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=14446
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

pawndream
Red Cap

Post by pawndream »

Zudrak wrote:My campaign is "current" in that we plan on playing again, but as my wife and I have a 2 year-old and a 6 month-old in the house, it has been on hiatus for some time and will be for some time more. We do want to get our HH going again, as it has been great fun. The details of my sessions were shared here on these boards in this section. Here's the direct link:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=14446
Definitely can relate to a toddler and infant impacting your ability to play. My kids are 16 months apart, so very close age difference to yours. They are now 8 and 7 and just recently rolled up their first C&C characters after playing a simplified version of the game I made up for them when they were about 4 and 5.

We played the simplified version of our fantasy game for the first few years, but they jumped at the chance to make real characters, when offered.

I don't use HH for my kids. We play in our homebrew world we developed over the past few years, drawing on their favorite characters from books, movies, cartoons, etc.

All this to say, start 'em young!

pawndream
Red Cap

Post by pawndream »

So...only one other HH game out there?

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Not really on my end, though not for lack of trying.

The Haunted Highlands exists in my own version of the Necromancer Games/Frog God Games Lost Lands setting since that is where it originally was to be set (long story), and not in Aihrde. The city of Eskadia is something that has been a large part of my games for quite some time, but on the outside. That means the city, her politics, and plots have been involved in my games, but in relation to the setting as a whole. The players have teleported back and forth from Eskadia for various reasons on several occasions, but for no longer than a session. The point of having Eskadia be an important, but distant factor in my campaigns was to some day lead the players to the Haunted Highlands and continue from there. But, my players are stubborn and don't like the leave the confines of what they know. Attempts to guide the campaign towards a more Haunted Highlands themed adventures has been difficult.

It may come to pass that one day I am going to have to simply end the current campaign and restart it in the HH... one day.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I've already ran the first 5 modules for HH. I have enough new guys since then that maybe the group would be interested in doing a full HH campaign, but our next campaign is already planned, and its going to be the Ravenloft Setting with 1E AD&D classes, magic, and spells, with 3E setting assumptions.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Cyric
Skobbit

Post by Cyric »

We are right in the middle of a C&C HH campaign.

The players started with "The Tomb of Abysthor" from Necromancers some evening agos which fits quite nicely into the region with just some minor changes (Natarus instead of Orcus, some orcish diplomats trying to get the priests on the side of the orcish war band occupying the eastern country, etc.). I placed it right into the Ugashtan Highlands and by adding some minor barbarians as allies and a barbarian shaman as a hint and rumor monger for the charakters made it feel natural.

Before they got to the Tomb we had some minor adventures so they could get a feeling for the setting.

T1Hound
Hlobane Orc

Post by T1Hound »

Treebore wrote:I've already ran the first 5 modules for HH. I have enough new guys since then that maybe the group would be interested in doing a full HH campaign, but our next campaign is already planned, and its going to be the Ravenloft Setting with 1E AD&D classes, magic, and spells, with 3E setting assumptions.
Very nice.

I had the option to read the 1E AD&D version of it but declined. I enjoyed the setting and not understanding it far too much to want to know hows and whys and rather learn through adventuring.

-T1

bestialwarlust
Mist Elf

Post by bestialwarlust »

I've recently picked up the two books and the Darlene map. I've been working my way through the books so I hope to start up a HH game soon. Once my group has finished with my current GH game.

Lexfire
Henchman

Post by Lexfire »

Active campaign on Fantasy Grounds - June 2017 - August 2018. Starting up again October 2018.

https://hauntedhighlandsccfantasyground ... portal.com