Rhu's Sunday night playtest ~ Gnomeworld

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Gringnr
Ulthal

Re: Rhu's Sunday night playest ~ Gnomeworld

Post by Gringnr »

Rhuvein wrote:I'm thinking of using advantages from the CKG.

I'll probably allow you guys to choose from a short list.

I'm pretty certain that Penny and Aergraith have the book.

Not sure about you, Gringnr. If you don't have it, I will post info snippets and the actual advantages being offered.

:)
Which book is that?
It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Gringnr wrote:
Rhuvein wrote:I'm thinking of using advantages from the CKG.

I'll probably allow you guys to choose from a short list.

I'm pretty certain that Penny and Aergraith have the book.

Not sure about you, Gringnr. If you don't have it, I will post info snippets and the actual advantages being offered.

Which book is that?
Castle Keepers Guide!
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

See y'all at 7 PM central!

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Gnomeworld ~ Valley of the Gnome Queen

Post by Tadhg »

Session III - Dungeon Delving at the House of Malachi

The adventurers:

Aergraith as:

Sir Elderberry Scrubroot, the wildly bold and audacious gnome rogue
and
Iko Treeblight, gnome wizard whose magical power is ascending and he now wields the Blue Fate.

Penny as:

Dame Penny-Whistle Scrubroot, the practical and wise gnome cleric.

Gringnr as:

Sir Gringnr, the mighty dwarf cleric with the love of GOLD.

The action:

After looting the bodies, the adventurers search the two remaining rooms ~ still determined to find the emerald of Queen Kristina. One was a storage room containing old broken furniture, rotting tablecloths and various other scattered debris. The other contained three pallets, a barrel of beer, some rotten food, broken javelins, and a table and two chairs.

Elderberry finds a mug and rinses it out with the beer and then fills the mug half-way to try the beer. Flat and stale, but not bad in taste - he drains it off. Gringnr tries some as well.

The group then move west and find the old stable which has four stalls, a large door and a small door with an window. The party searches through and under the hay in each stall to find some valuable potions and a magic scroll.

Finding the gnolls, but not finding the gem . . . they decide to make their way back through the complex realizing that they may have missed some other areas of Malachi's residence. Moving back north and then east, the group is careful to avoid the cave fisher.

Through the hall of statues, which have returned to their original forms - that being a statue of the wizard, his wife and two of his children, they enter the kitchen to find themselves facing ghouls who immediately begin to attack.

The clerics are only able to turn one of the four undead creatures, so they initiate battle and trade blows with the fierce monsters and are finally able to kill all of them.

The party then exits the kitchen into the hallway that led them there. Just as they make it across the pit trap, they see a group of four gnolls advancing towards them. Both parties engage as the gnolls begin snarling viciously as they begin to swing their flails and morningstars. Having just defeated the other group of gnolls, the party seemed to have learned the tactics of the ugly brutish monsters as they quickly hack and smash them all over the room. They loot the bodies and carefully walk down the corridor to the west end.

There, they find a secret door. Gringnr and Elderberry check it and discover how to open it. The party finds a long curving hallway - one way goes north and east, and the other way goes south and west. They first check the NE hall to see it goes to the kitchen where apparently there was a secret entrance.

Going back and then SW, they carefully walk with Elderberry and Gringnr checking for traps. As they come to end of the corridor, the group sees a hall going to the south where the lab is. To the north is a door which is not locked, but Elderberry checks it for traps and does not find any.

They enter the room and see that it must have been Malachi's bedroom. The remains of a four poster bed and nightstand are present in the room along with an area rug. The party find the exit door in the NW corner and another door to the east. Elderberry checks for traps and then they enter what is the study. There is a desk, lounge chair and table, bookcase and a door to the east.

In the NE corner is an alcove containing a spiral staircase going up. The adventurers ascend to find an enclosed room with window offering a great view of the surrounding area. On the floor is a small chest. They open it and find the sacred gnome emerald.

The group then leaves the complex and return to the Valley of the Gnome Queen and give the emerald back to Kristina and her tree gnomes. A great celebration occurs and the heroes enjoy a fabulous diner and party.

The next day, the adventurers bid farewell to the Queen and the tree gnomes. They mount up and ride off back to Fountains Abbey. They experience a safe journey in very pleasant weather.

Back at the abbey, the group is greeted warmly by Laroo, Sir Regis, Hrothgar, Gaston and Nils. Diner is served in the main dining room while the party tell their tale of the journey east and the delving of Malachi's residence.

Fini.

End of session.

End of mini-module three.

This concludes the adventurers in . . . Gnomeworld!

:D

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: Rhu's Sunday night playtest ~ Gnomeworld

Post by Tadhg »

Session III ~

Some advantages (CKG) introduced.

Three PCs leveled up!

XP = 243!

Mini adventure complete and thus module fini!

Well done!

:D

[Edit: Can't believe I misspelled playtest (playest) for three months until today! :oops: ] :lol:

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Thinking about the next module . . . if you haven't seen this, this is an invite to help name said module.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15939

Vote or post if you are interested.

Thanks.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Going forward . . .

I have been thinking and planning my next adventure, most likely to be called The Forbidden Temple.

As per previous modules, I will present the gaming experience tailored to you PCs - while developing the module geared towards a generic (not sure if that is the right word ~ mebbe "typical" as a descriptor is a better choice) version for publication.

So:

Temple occupied by evil clerics.

Gringnr's cleric will at times lead and be quite challenged.

Penny's cleric will be useful and perhaps critically helpful at times.

Elderberry will not have to be subjected to the routine rogue duties.

Meaning . . . no locks or traps and so he will excel at other abilities like sneaking, invisibility and other cool and great roguish combat skills.

Iko will be able to use and deploy some fabulous wizardry magic (but still may have to sling some stones from time to time!)

More to come in the new thread for the next game.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Oh yeah, I meant to say/post - that if y'all want to take a break from my modules - I'd would be willing to run some other Gary stuff, like:

Expedition to the Barrier Peaks (sci-fi meets D&D), it would be scaled down and shortened ~ one or two sessions unless y'all would want more.

Warriors of Mars (there was a secret door in Malachi's residence leading to the red planet, but it was not found) - anyway, I have a one off gaming session set up for that.

B1, In Search of the Unknown ~ I have my dungeon notes that from 1978 that key and populate the complex. One or two sessions (or more if y'all are interested)!

Castle Zagyg - fabulous dungeon complex from Gary based upon his Greyhawk campaign world of which I had the chance to delve into back in 2008 at his house.

OR,

if any of you guys might wish to run/host/CK a game, please do so in this timeslot.

Anyway, gaming food for thought!

8-)

Penny-Whistle
Ulthal

Post by Penny-Whistle »

I prefer home made adventures. I am really enjoying yours.
btw: can I borrow a few Scandia names for an upcoming dungeon? muahahahahaha

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Penny-Whistle wrote:I prefer home made adventures. I am really enjoying yours.
Thanks you Ms. Penny and . . .

Yes, please borrow anything you wish!

Penny-Whistle
Ulthal

Post by Penny-Whistle »

Rhuvein wrote:
Penny-Whistle wrote:I prefer home made adventures. I am really enjoying yours.
Thanks you Ms. Penny and . . .

Yes, please anything you wish!

Oh, thank you. Your setting is rich with detail. Love it.

Gringnr
Ulthal

Post by Gringnr »

I love your modules and style, but I would definitely love to play some of those old D&D modules as well. Just my 2 cents.
It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Gringnr wrote:I love your modules and style, but I would definitely love to play some of those old D&D modules as well. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks. This current module is probably a mini-mod, so yeah we can play those games if the other guys are up for it. We can talk tonight!

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Rhuvein wrote:Oh yeah, I meant to say/post - that if y'all want to take a break from my modules - I'd would be willing to run some other Gary stuff, like:

Expedition to the Barrier Peaks (sci-fi meets D&D), it would be scaled down and shortened ~ one or two sessions unless y'all would want more.

Warriors of Mars (there was a secret door in Malachi's residence leading to the red planet, but it was not found) - anyway, I have a one off gaming session set up for that.

B1, In Search of the Unknown ~ I have my dungeon notes that from 1978 that key and populate the complex. One or two sessions (or more if y'all are interested)!

Castle Zagyg - fabulous dungeon complex from Gary based upon his Greyhawk campaign world of which I had the chance to delve into back in 2008 at his house.

OR,

if any of you guys might wish to run/host/CK a game, please do so in this timeslot.

Anyway, gaming food for thought!

8-)
I've also been thinking 1890 Victorian ere ~ Clavis' Ghastly Affair, Mike Stewart's Victorius and Masque of the Red Death. Mebbe a one off or two session. Such a great time period, rich with gaslight adventures and characters within the gothic milieu!

So, mebbe after ~ Expedition we can see if anyone would be interested!

8-)