What is the current status of the Aihrde Players Book?

The Worlds of Aihrde (Erde), Inzae, their history, game play and more.
trashheap
Ungern

What is the current status of the Aihrde Players Book?

Post by trashheap »

I pre-ordered the Aihrde Codex on the website back before the Troll Lord kickstarters were a thing, and I picked up the players book as an add-on during the "Three Sisters" kickstarter before the Aihrde kickstarter was a thing.

Anyway I got my Codex, and I am sure the players book is still in development, but I half suspect the actual Aihrde kickstarter im not a part of is getting all the delicious updates on the book. Can anyone tell me where it is in development?

I'd normally check section of the website called "The Forge" but it seems to have vanished in the last site redesign.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Re: What is the current status of the Aihrde Players Book?

Post by Buttmonkey »

I don't know anything about the Aihrde Player's Book, but the Forge is still there. It's called Upon the Forge's Anvil!.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I think the last thing Steve said about it was before Christmas. If I remember correctly, it was headed for layout and editing. Then art has to be added. I'm thinking the ballpark was late February/early March for the pre-release packet to backers. But I could also be completely wrong.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Pertaining to your query trashheap:
Kickstarter Update DEC 14 2015 wrote:Greetings from the Dens!

Next wave begins now. The tubing of the maps for the world of Aihrde continues. This is a painfully slow process as all our Christmas elves escaped and it's left up to only us Trolls to make it happen. As the process requires that we turn the print shop and game room upside down, we are going to wrap up the tubing before we begin the shipping.

Your tube should include 4 maps and a calendar. It should also include the special Aihrde dice. If you did not get your mouse pad, but were supposed to, look in the tubes, it should be there.

This will leave only the Players Guide to Aihrde and the Inzae primer, both of which are well on their way to completion. The PG might be in your digital inbox before Christmas...but that is a big might. If not, it will be right after.

Thank you for your continued support!

Here's a little teaser from the PG art.
https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/005/07 ... 2fe2f3d5c6
The very last update on this project from KICKSTARTER is in regards to specialty Aihrde Dice that I guess were only available to Aihdre backers (not me). This update was from DEC 16, 2015 and shows pics of, probably testing, the Aihdre dice being 3D printed.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

trashheap
Ungern

Post by trashheap »

Buttmonkey wrote:I don't know anything about the Aihrde Player's Book, but the Forge is still there. It's called Upon the Forge's Anvil!.
Ah yes, that forum is still here. Though I don't know if any thread for the Aihrde Player's Book was ever created there, nor has the Codex of Aihrde thread been updated in a good long while. Somehow the forum "Upon the Forge's Anvill" and the old webpage which served a similar function were on completely different update schedules.
Omote wrote:Pertaining to your query trashheap:
Thanks!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I do hope that (one of) the reasons the PG is taking so long, is that TLG is putting the time and effort into it, just like they did with the Codex. The Codex is arguably the best book that TLG ever produced. Now, let's hope the Player's Guide matches the same love and effort of the Codex.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I've harassed Steve about this, hopefully it will elicit a response...
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Steve put a brief note in todays Victorious KS update that the Aihrde players book is just now wrapping up being edited by "Libbie". So I imagine we will be seeing the PDF within the next week, but no Troll said that. Thats just my guess.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Kickstarter Update JAN 29, 2016 wrote: Steve has finished the Blood Runes, the last of the Players Guide to Aihrde. *The Histum Roan, or the Blood Runes, are magical runes that allow one to see upon the Arc of Time, and for the very brave, and skilled, to travel upon the Arc of Time.* This last section will go to editing on Monday.

The better news is that Peter has been laying this book out as it has been turned over. So we should have a working copy late next week. This we will send to all backers. That leaves only the dice (coming your way soon) and the Inzae primer which Davis has retreated to the mountains even now to finish (no word yet). But that won't be long.
~O
VAE VICTUS!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Greetings from the Dens!
Okay, we are soldiering on here and about finished I think. This was a very complicated one, with too many moving parts. But all of 'em good!
First Item: We shipped the largest Aihrde Map ever a week or so ago (6 x 4 feet). The giant Vinyl map. It has landed safely in the backer's hands! It was pure awesome! I hope he's enjoying it! It's a little bit of history.
Second Item: The digest sized Codex of Aihrde ships tomorrow to those backers who asked for one.
Third Item: Davis just dropped the Inzae primer on my desk. It will go to editing tonight or tomorrow. He's asked I read it over to see if he missed anything. This little book is your intro to the Inner World!
Fourth Item: The Players Guide to Aihrde is complete, has passed through editing and is in layout. Peter is wrapping up the cover now, but we should be able to get you the digital copy this week. As always we encourage you to dive into it and poke at it and find anything we may have missed. With that in mind we will send to printer in about two weeks. After that we'll ship all overseas orders FIRST, then complete domestic orders after that.
Sixth Item: Dice are ready to ship.
Seventh Item: The Andanuth paperback is waiting to go to the printer.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Sounds like I missed out on a good one...

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Yeah, that does sound like a good one.

Hopefully, in the future I'll be able to buy some of those items.
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Kickstarter Update FEBRUARY 10, 2016 wrote:
Greetings from the Dens!

Okay, we are soldiering on here and about finished I think. This was a very complicated one, with too many moving parts. But all of 'em good!

First Item: We shipped the largest Aihrde Map ever a week or so ago (6 x 4 feet). The giant Vinyl map. It has landed safely in the backer's hands! It was pure awesome! I hope he's enjoying it! It's a little bit of history.

Second Item: The digest sized Codex of Aihrde ships tomorrow to those backers who asked for one.

Third Item: Davis just dropped the Inzae primer on my desk. It will go to editing tonight or tomorrow. He's asked I read it over to see if he missed anything. This little book is your intro to the Inner World!

Fourth Item: The Players Guide to Aihrde is complete, has passed through editing and is in layout. Peter is wrapping up the cover now, but we should be able to get you the digital copy this week. As always we encourage you to dive into it and poke at it and find anything we may have missed. With that in mind we will send to printer in about two weeks. After that we'll ship all overseas orders FIRST, then complete domestic orders after that.

Sixth Item: Dice are ready to ship.

Seventh Item: The Andanuth paperback is waiting to go to the printer.

Eighth Item: If you happen to play 5th Edition, we are running a Kickstarter to convert the BoF to that system. Check her out now!

Lastly, thank you again for all your support. This KS in particular made the World of Aihrde one of the best supported (content wise) world settings there is on the market.
~O
VAE VICTUS!

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

The PHBoA and the Inzae Primer both dropped tonight (in PDF) for backers. Now to dig through them.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:The PHBoA and the Inzae Primer both dropped tonight (in PDF) for backers. Now to dig through them.

R-
I have yet to get the e-mail.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:
Rigon wrote:The PHBoA and the Inzae Primer both dropped tonight (in PDF) for backers. Now to dig through them.

R-
I have yet to get the e-mail.
I got mine around 830 east coast. I just had a chance to download them and give them a courser look. I found several mistakes in the spell lists. I'll dig into it more tomorrow and start compiling a list of errors.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

PLEASE GODS! Someone write to TLG and tell them to FIX the grammatical errors in the spells of the Player's Guide to Aihrde. Whom shall take up this mantle? PLEASE DEAR GODS OF ALL THINGS HOLY!

Otherwise, this book is really swell and much better than the Player's Guide to the Haunted Highlands.

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I've started to compile a list of things that will need to be looked at. Who do I send them to when I'm finished?

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

[email protected]

Be very specific, particularly in your subject line so Tim doesn't spam it.

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

The Inzae Primer has some issues too.

gabriellyon
Hlobane Orc

Post by gabriellyon »

Omote I have always found your observations useful. Could you tell me why you think the new players guide is better than haunted highlands?

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Well, thank you Gabs!

While I have not read a significant portion of the Aihrde Player's Guide yet, I have read through the racial classes, race descriptions, and some of the equipment and spells. Clearly, a lot more thought and care went into the creation of this book than the HHPG. First, the material is well laid out, and not filled with a ton of rules bloat that was copy and pasted from the PHB. TLG made a good decision this time around by not just filling pages with stuff players already know. That being said, the Player's Guide to Aihrde is slim, and gets right to the point, which is all things Aihrdian. The spells added to this book are plentiful, around 100 new spells it appears. These spells have a lot of flavor, and incorporate some popular spells from older 3E SRD sources ~ but are rewritten with lots of TLG flair. I would say that these new spells are a bit more mechanically bold than the core C&C spells. That makes them better, but just a bit. All spellcasting classes get a bump in spellpower with this book.

Another reason I like this book more, is that it really feels like a book for players. New info that any player who plays in the Aihrde setting would want to know. Races, racial classes, spells, various orders you character can belong to, and equipment.

There is a section on the Aihrdian specific form of magic called Blood Runes (Much like the Rune Lore supplement last year). I have not read this section yet, but overall its compact in perhaps 6 pages or so.

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

For any mistakes/errata you want to report:

tim at troll lord dot com or product support at troll lord dot com

Remove spaces, etc...