Any chance of an unflipped flip book?

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
RunningLaser
Mist Elf

Any chance of an unflipped flip book?

Post by RunningLaser »

I like using the flip book, though I think its utility could be increased by just having it be a normal book. If any of the troll lords are listening, one day, just make a normal all in one book. That is all!

serleran
Mogrl

Re: Any chance of an unflipped flip book?

Post by serleran »

A big book like PHB, M&T, and sections of the CKG (and honestly, ED and EC) to mimic the D&D Rules Cyclopedia would be a grand baddie.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

serleran wrote:A big book like PHB, M&T, and sections of the CKG (and honestly, ED and EC) to mimic the D&D Rules Cyclopedia would be a grand baddie.
If we are going to go for one big grand book, lets go all out, compile the PHB, ALL of the monsters and Treasures, and the CKG into one big massive tome... Thats what? Maybe a thousand pages? Not an unprecedented size in the RPG world.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

RunningLaser
Mist Elf

Post by RunningLaser »

All three might be a bit much for a single book for me. I like the less expensive softcover all in one book as long as it's durable. Heck, I wouldn't mind just printing out the PHB and M&T books, putting the pages in page protectors and sticking the whole thing in a 3 ring binder. Or maybe I'll do that to my current flip book if it ever falls apart. I don't think they have b&w copies of those pdfs though, do they? I wouldn't want color, or any of the page backgrounds in grey scale.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

RunningLaser wrote:All three might be a bit much for a single book for me. I like the less expensive softcover all in one book as long as it's durable. Heck, I wouldn't mind just printing out the PHB and M&T books, putting the pages in page protectors and sticking the whole thing in a 3 ring binder. Or maybe I'll do that to my current flip book if it ever falls apart. I don't think they have b&w copies of those pdfs though, do they? I wouldn't want color, or any of the page backgrounds in grey scale.
I've requested a black and white PDF of the PHB before, so you can ask and see what they are willing to do. I needed it for a player who is legally blind, and needed a B/W PDF so they could invert colors etc.... to make it so they could read it.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

RunningLaser
Mist Elf

Post by RunningLaser »

Treebore wrote: I've requested a black and white PDF of the PHB before, so you can ask and see what they are willing to do. I needed it for a player who is legally blind, and needed a B/W PDF so they could invert colors etc.... to make it so they could read it.
Thanks for the suggestion Tree, sending them an email now and will see what they say.