North Texas RPG Con 2016

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
SmokestackJones
Hlobane Orc

North Texas RPG Con 2016

Post by SmokestackJones »

Okay, registration is now open at NTRPG Con 2016:

http://direct.ntrpgcon.com/

My question is: will Troll Lord represent, as in, have a table in the dealer's area?

-SJ

Rigon
Clang lives!

Re: North Texas RPG Con 2016

Post by Rigon »

SmokestackJones wrote:Okay, registration is now open at NTRPG Con 2016:

http://direct.ntrpgcon.com/

My question is: will Troll Lord represent, as in, have a table in the dealer's area?

-SJ
I think T-Mo usually tries to get there.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I'll check in with Troll HQ. It is my hope that we'll return again. I went there as a dealer and demo guy in 2014, then Todd and I returned in 2015. Stephen C. was a guest that year. It's a very intimate gathering. Don't quote me, but Mike Bodolato and Doug Rhea cap the attendance at about 300 or so. This con could be much bigger, but they prefer keeping it where it's at. Don't wait too long to register. This event is one of my three "must attend" events, including Gary Con and Gamehole.

BudaZoa
Hlobane Orc

Post by BudaZoa »

Thank you for the link.

I will begin making arrangements with my group this weekend. We will be running a Castles and Crusades table at the 2016 North Texas RPG Con.

I am not one of the Troll Lords but I have been running C&C for almost a decade now and my current campaign has been going for three years this December.

I am not sure what I am gonna run, be it a C&C module or something home brew. I am likely going to have four players at my table and if my players don't fill it up, I am likely to make the table open for up to a total of eight or nine players.
I'd rather be hated for who I am

Than loved for who I am not.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I certainly want to make it back to this Con, but will have to get much closer to the date to know if I can make it.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Update: I think Mike and Doug indicated they may be upping attendance to 350. Check out the ntrpg Facebook page for details.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

My wife and I will be there, barring illness, etc... I just registered, etc...
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

SmokestackJones
Hlobane Orc

Okay, I need to double-check after hearing what Tree said on another thread. WILL you Troll guys be there? I know Mike will attend, as he's running Victorious but how about a dealer's table? I need to re-up on C&C. My flipbook(s) are getting a lot of wear and I also get to see you guys (not to mention watching Matt stand on chairs whle GMing). A win-win in my book.

-SJ

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

SmokestackJones wrote:Okay, I need to double-check after hearing what Tree said on another thread. WILL you Troll guys be there? I know Mike will attend, as he's running Victorious but how about a dealer's table? I need to re-up on C&C. My flipbook(s) are getting a lot of wear and I also get to see you guys (not to mention watching Matt stand on chairs whle GMing). A win-win in my book.

-SJ

http://www.trolllord.com/forums/viewtop ... 13&t=15992

Check out Tylers post.

SmokestackJones
Hlobane Orc

Treebore wrote:
SmokestackJones wrote:Okay, I need to double-check after hearing what Tree said on another thread. WILL you Troll guys be there? I know Mike will attend, as he's running Victorious but how about a dealer's table? I need to re-up on C&C. My flipbook(s) are getting a lot of wear and I also get to see you guys (not to mention watching Matt stand on chairs whle GMing). A win-win in my book.

-SJ

http://www.trolllord.com/forums/viewtop ... 13&t=15992

Check out Tylers post.
Roger that. Damn, I was counting on getting more C&C. Now I get to scream Kirk-like.

-SJ

BudaZoa
Hlobane Orc

Post by BudaZoa »

Unfortunately I will not be running a table this year at NTRPG con.

Sadly work will have me missing the entire con.

Lookin forward to next years !
I'd rather be hated for who I am

Than loved for who I am not.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Yeah, I'm not making it either. Three contractors in a row failing to install my new roof has ensured I need to stay home and get it done myself, with as much help as I can get from my kids.

Oh well, at least its saving me about $5,000 in installation costs.

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

Crap! The ghost of my 8 million year old cat will miss you Tree! ;)

Mike
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com