Traveller The Invasion...

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
maximus
Lore Drake

Re: Traveller The Invasion...

Post by maximus »

I'm in!

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Looks like most of the players are in :)

But the DM?...

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Aramis wrote:Looks like most of the players are in :)

But the DM?...

:mrgreen:

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

As long as the three in the battle suits can play, I will run it. Otherwise we should play Rigon's game.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

I am available to play.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:As long as the three in the battle suits can play, I will run it. Otherwise we should play Rigon's game.
As long as it is only '3 in battle suits' we are good. If it was '3 in battle suits that hit their shots more often then not' we'd be screwed ....
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I MIGHT, MAYBE, be late. If I am it should be no more than half an hour.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

As a non-battlesuit person I am not sure what I can contribute. Is this a battlesuit only night?
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Aergraith wrote:As a non-battlesuit person I am not sure what I can contribute. Is this a battlesuit only night?

At the least, I'd say you can do some of those tricks I mentioned above (well on the previous page). those things - and any others you could think of - could be a huge benefit and keep us from coming back to the ship dragging a critically injured team mate after each encounter.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

C&C Society

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Aergraith wrote:As a non-battlesuit person I am not sure what I can contribute. Is this a battlesuit only night?
I think we need everyone

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

It would be best if everyone were involved. The more firepower, the better. Especially if it is effective and hits what is aimed at. :lol:

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Oh, and I am home, so won't be late.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

November 14th, 2016

Sgt. Moore thought that when the "aliens", the Returned, had arrived, that his life would never be boring again. He was wrong. Oh so wrong. Watching long range sensors for the possibility of hostile aliens attacking Earth was mind numbingly boring. The many hours, day after day, just sitting there, watching, waiting for the sensors to show anything, or for the alarms to go off, was so mind numbingly tedious. Of course, the alternative is far worse. The hostile Aliens could actually invade. Which would mean people would die fighting them, Possibly Millions would be lost. Far more than that if we lost. With The Returned being gone, with all but one of their Falcons, as well as their world destroying mother ship, losing was a very real possibility. Even likely. So he could live with boredom. At least until The Returned, return yet again.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

These 12 hour shifts are so mentally tough! You can't play games of any kind, your attention has to be given to the sensor screens. Your not even supposed to let your mind wander. The first couple of hours aren't too bad, but now he was on his 4th hour, and the tedious boredom was really setting in. 8 more hours to go! Could he make it? Despite having done it dozens of times before, he still wondered if this would be the shift where his will broke. Times like this made him wish the aliens would hurry up and attack. Oh well. If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

These shifts are their own kind of torture! Trying to attentively watch sensors that remain unchanging seems like a slow, agonizing, death!

*BLIP*

Wait! What is that?!?

BRARR! BRARR! WARNING! PROXIMITY ALERT! Alien Vessels detected within our Solar System!

"Oh, shit!"

"Where the hell is that Emergency Actions manual!"

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Gill breathed out every ounce of air and nodded to start the armor up process .... pain flashes and waives of pain, but less than the earlier 2 times, the nerve blocker worked - only to a point -
After the waive of pain washed over, and the warning klaxon continued to blare
Treebore wrote:

BRARR! BRARR! WARNING! PROXIMITY ALERT! Alien Vessels detected within our Solar System!
Now numbness ... complete unfeeling numbness .... the psychological process that marks Gill before combat ... However, he knew that nausea would follow after the combat. It happens every time .

Gill closed his eyes and pictured the others faces as they began to recover from armoring up ... one almost giddy before combat, another's left hand twitching , but all preparing for battle in their own way

*** Yes the complete numbness followed by nausea is me, and the giddiness was one of my best friends reaction before each fire fight we knew was coming ***

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I hope everyone is ready to fight the desperate fight to preserve the very existence of the Earth and humanity in general.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

It's on, like Donkey Kong.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Treebore wrote:I hope everyone is ready to fight the desperate fight to preserve the very existence of the Earth and humanity in general.
I picture it going pretty much like this

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Aramis wrote:
Treebore wrote:I hope everyone is ready to fight the desperate fight to preserve the very existence of the Earth and humanity in general.
Umm, no.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Treebore wrote:
Aramis wrote:
Umm, no.
James T put a hurtin' on that Gorn

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

For those of you familiar with DOOM, I hope I am reminding you of that game. Especially if you liked it.

Game notes:

Took 3 tries to board the Planet Buster. The Raven took two hits in the attempts, but nothing serious enough to hurt operational ability.

You need to go 150 Meters to get to the Bridge, and so far it has been a fight after fight after fight to just get 90 meters. 4 fights versus 10 Illandri so far, with 2 more now attacking you.

1 Plasma grenade was used so far, and in game code it hit a 7, Internal.

26 rounds, 2 minutes and 36 seconds to move 90 Meters. What a slog!

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Treebore wrote:For those of you familiar with DOOM, I hope I am reminding you of that game. Especially if you liked it.

Game notes:

Took 3 tries to board the Planet Buster. The Raven took two hits in the attempts, but nothing serious enough to hurt operational ability.

You need to go 150 Meters to get to the Bridge, and so far it has been a fight after fight after fight to just get 90 meters. 4 fights versus 10 Illandri so far, with 2 more now attacking you.

1 Plasma grenade was used so far, and in game code it hit a 7, Internal.

26 rounds, 2 minutes and 36 seconds to move 90 Meters. What a slog!
We had some nice teamwork and participation. The footage taken may be able to give us an edge in tactics once we can take a breather and review it. The addition of a few more battle suits was key.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Awesome wrap up, guys! After finally making it to the bridge, who knew having to blow the bulk head door would pay off so handsomely? Having their "leader" blow his tactics roll (1,1), and having them pile up on the door to tear you limb from limb when you came through was definitely a boon to your use of explosives!

So instead of a big bloody battle, you end up with a lot of bloody lizard meat all over the bridge. What a crazy ending to taking over the Planet Busters Bridge!

Then asking the Navigators if they had the ability to control the little ships was a stroke of inspiration, for sure! It didn't hurt that they succeeded on a Formidable check to do it!

This did result in the Illandri to switch from taking slaves to just killing everything, so more lives were lost over all, but it was still far fewer than what would have been lost if the Illandri had finished carrying out their plans, which was to drive the planet buster into Earth and max speed, once they had all the food stocks and slaves their small ships could hold. Since, as Kieran told you, their Planet Buster was so poorly maintained the primary planet destroying weapon couldn't even be fired. In fact, Kieran estimates it will take 8 months to get the Illandri Planet Buster up to "combat Readiness".

So we left off with the Returned returning with the planned Planet Buster they went to get, and the world moving towards what to do next to ensure the survival of humanity in a suddenly heavily occupied "space", full of creatures that hate humans for what the Returned have done to them on behalf of the "Hidden Ones" for the past 1,000 years.

Will you return to playing your characters to find out how this all plays out? Only the future will tell.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Great game Tree! Would love to return once our trip back in time is through.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I will be running this again on Wednesdays. Let me know if any of you old players want, and are able, to play. I will be running it for 3 new players.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Wish I could but Wednesday night is church night

Thanks for the invite though

C&C Society