Health update

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Treebore
Mogrl

Health update

Post by Treebore »

Seems like my Anemia has gotten serious again. Well, there is no "seeming" to it. The feeling like I was suffocating, exhaustion, etc... was extremely obvious. Anyways, went to finally see my Doc yesterday and today she called me up to let me know what I already knew. This is NOT good, NOT right, and needs to be investigated. Just like last time. When no answer was found. So we will be going into to the various "experts" available to me and see if they can find an actual reason this time.

I hope they do. I much prefer to be able to point at something and say, "THATS IT!" rather than, "I have no idea, just these best guesses...."
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Health update

Post by Go0gleplex »

That's not good. Though not surprising these days. I mean, it took the docs nearly 40 years to finally tell me what was wrong with my knee cap (overnight bone spur etc.) Hope it is nothing MORE serious than that Tree...and easily correctable.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

When they ask to perform exploratory surgery, you're in trouble. Until then, sue them.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Sorry to hear that Tree. Are these "experts" local, or do you have to travel to see them?

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

maximus wrote:Sorry to hear that Tree. Are these "experts" local, or do you have to travel to see them?
I will likely have to go up to Tucson to see them.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Good luck in getting it figured out.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Penny-Whistle
Ulthal

Post by Penny-Whistle »

That sucks. Best wishes.

trechriron
Mist Elf

Post by trechriron »

Here's good wishes and fortunes to you, may you get better soon!
Trentin C Bergeron
Bard, Dreamer, RPG Enthusiast
My Blog

mgtremaine
Ulthal

Post by mgtremaine »

Did they suggestion a Iron Supplement at least (45-65mg) and to take with some Vitamin C to enable the absorption. My wife has had similar problems with anemia recently, but in her case it's pretty obvious what the cause is. Once she started on the Iron the "suffocating, lethargy improved pretty quickly. Now it just maintenance until that "phase of life is over".

I hope they pin point for you and that you feel better.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

mgtremaine wrote:Did they suggestion a Iron Supplement at least (45-65mg) and to take with some Vitamin C to enable the absorption. My wife has had similar problems with anemia recently, but in her case it's pretty obvious what the cause is. Once she started on the Iron the "suffocating, lethargy improved pretty quickly. Now it just maintenance until that "phase of life is over".

I hope they pin point for you and that you feel better.

Yeah. The real problem is, it is re occurring. I had this happen to me last year too. This time around I am going to stay on the iron, unless they find an actual cause and are able to fix it. I had resumed taking Iron on June 30th, when I realized I was having severe anemia symptoms again. Even so, when they finally saw me and tested my blood Wednesday, my iron level was still an 8.6. So I am guessing, and the Doctor I talked to on the phone about this today agrees, that I was probably right around 7.0 on June 30th. Hopefully I will get it back above 14.0 in a few more weeks, and this time I will stay on Iron to keep it there. Hopefully. Until they figure out a cause, I won't really know.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Hope it all goes well for you, Tree!

:)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I am going in for procedures on Wednesday, then the following Tuesday. We get to stay in Tucson the evening/nights before, thanks to my VA benefits. If they find something, we get to see about fixing it, hopefully during the procedure, if not, back to square one.

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

Best of luck with that, it always sucks when they can't tell you what the problem is. :P

I think staying on the Iron is a good idea.
I'm still taking some supplements that I'm not sure help with my pain, but they're cheap and they aren't bad for me, so I figure why not. They MIGHT be helping, after all. ;)

Mike
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I am finally back home, from my procedure on Tuesday. Hopefully I will feel mostly normal again by my next appointment on Tuesday.

mgtremaine
Ulthal

Post by mgtremaine »

Good news! Here is to feeling better!

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

How are things going Treebore?

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Kayolan wrote:How are things going Treebore?
Improving. Seeing Doctors and getting a few tests done today. Hopefully I will survive all of that and get to go home at some point today.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Positive news. Its looking a lot less like cancer and is something else that is much more easier to treat/fix. CT scan on Thursday will be considered definitive on this issue.

Other issues are resolving. Not only the anemia, but they may have fixed my vomiting issue. Which right now, appear likely to have been related. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but thats what the doctors story now is.

So as things look now, everything should resolve as positively as possible. I just may spend a few more weeks repairing the damage done fixing things.

Harlock
Ungern

Post by Harlock »

Great news, Treebore. Fingers crossed for some good conclusive results from the CT. If you feel like you need more explanation, ask the nurse. They spend m ore time with you anyway. I am a little biased in that regard though. ;)
~~~~~R.I.P~~~~~
Tom Moldvay
Nov. 5, 1948 – March 9, 2007
B/X, B4, X2 - You were D&D to me

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Treebore wrote:Positive news. Its looking a lot less like cancer and is something else that is much more easier to treat/fix. CT scan on Thursday will be considered definitive on this issue.

Other issues are resolving. Not only the anemia, but they may have fixed my vomiting issue. Which right now, appear likely to have been related. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but thats what the doctors story now is.

So as things look now, everything should resolve as positively as possible. I just may spend a few more weeks repairing the damage done fixing things.
That's great news man, take it easy and all that. Hope to game with you again soon!

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Life is not MERP. You don't get bonus XP for being near death. Nor, do you get to spin and collect.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

serleran wrote:Life is not MERP. You don't get bonus XP for being near death. Nor, do you get to spin and collect.

:lol: Oh, believe me, I know. I have now had 6 events where I should have died. 2 with less than a 10% chance of living, and 4 with less than 01%. I get great survival rolls when I need them! Looks like I'm not even going to need to make a roll this time around.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Great news!

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Glad to hear you are doing better.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

maximus wrote:Great news!

+1 to that. You had me (us) worried there
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Got the scan done today. Should know no later than next Thursday if its Cancer, or what the ENT Doc thinks it actually is.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Keep us posted, buddy.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Good luck!
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

We're praying for you...!

Mike & Liz
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Thanks everyone. As long as the tests come back as the Doctors expect, rather than what is feared, I will be fine in a few weeks. The Docs have given me a long list as to why they think everything is easily fixed, rather than the terrifying Cancer, and their reasoning seems rock solid to me. So I expect the tests to come back with positive news.