Zelkor's Ferry Obituary Notices

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Penny-Whistle
Ulthal

Zelkor's Ferry Obituary Notices

Post by Penny-Whistle »

A space to remember the comrades who have fallen.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Zelkor's Ferry Obituary Notices

Post by alcyone »

Marmaduke of Rampart, Paladin 5 of Mitra, killed in his sleep by Promethean jumping spider in the forest west of Rappan Athuk.
Egar Raith, Cleric 4 of Kel, killed by an invisible dragon east of Rappan Athuk.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Penny-Whistle
Ulthal

Post by Penny-Whistle »

I write of the glory of a warrior named Zerg. Her eyes burned with a fierce green fire. The path she followed was named freedom. Her death was good. She died with her axe in her hand.

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

"Ogre", a 5th level Human Fighter, died in Tegel Manor. He left his semi-lucrative career (CHA 6) as a pole dancer only to die at the haunted mansion itself. A lich cast "Irresistable Dance" on him. Fortunately for him, a pole was nearby. :)

"He died doing what he loved..." :lol:

GM Mike

[EDIT: After posting this I realized the original idea must've been to limit obits to those killed in Rappan Athuk, but I'm keeping the post here anyway for humor's sake. <G>]
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

Penny-Whistle
Ulthal

Post by Penny-Whistle »

DMMike wrote:"Ogre", a 5th level Human Fighter, died in Tegel Manor. He left his semi-lucrative career (CHA 6) as a pole dancer only to die at the haunted mansion itself. A lich cast "Irresistable Dance" on him. Fortunately for him, a pole was nearby. :)

GM Mike

[EDIT: After posting this I realized the original idea must've been to limit obits to those killed in Rappan Athuk, but I'm keeping the post here anyway for humor's sake. <G>]
Next time Amable returns to get provisions he is definitely going to ask Otto if he can earn some extra coin for his dancing. Coincidentally, he also has a CHA of 6 and the Saturday Night Fever.

Zelkor's Ferry: AKA Boogietown.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Penny-Whistle wrote:
DMMike wrote:"Ogre", a 5th level Human Fighter, died in Tegel Manor. He left his semi-lucrative career (CHA 6) as a pole dancer only to die at the haunted mansion itself. A lich cast "Irresistable Dance" on him. Fortunately for him, a pole was nearby. :)

GM Mike

Next time Amable returns to get provisions he is definitely going to ask Otto if he can earn some extra coin for his dancing. Coincidentally, he also has a CHA of 6 and the Saturday Night Fever.

Well with all the money coming in, Otto has been thinking of doing some renovating at the Ferry. :)

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

Kayolan wrote:
Penny-Whistle wrote:

GM Mike

Well with all the money coming in, Otto has been thinking of doing some renovating at the Ferry. :)
Hint: Its hell getting those gold pieces into a thong while dancing. Just sayin' :D

Mike
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

Scitzz
Hlobane Orc

Post by Scitzz »

Remember ye, on this day, the once promising life of Mahrtiir the Firestarter! May all remember his name! For he fought to make this a better place in the world, and his valor was not for naught! Pray, all of you, for his return, and the return of Extinction Unlimited, as no one yet knows their fate. Also for Wilhelmina, faithful friend, and Brown Bear

Further, who shall mourn the passing of the lonely gnome, Franklin Fort? None knew of his background, his sufferings, his longings. A trained killer, he, and none nearby know of any kin or friend.

ssfsx17
Unkbartig

Post by ssfsx17 »

Fray rejoined the crew (technically he joined a totally new crew), and fought valiantly till the end to delay Nadroj the Spectre.

His companion bear, Beowjaeger, nearly single-handedly killed every single evil cleric and their attendant vroc until it succumbed to its wounds. But it was at least able to take down one of the elite priests of Orcus at the same time.
C&C/D&D-related writings, Cortex Classic material, and other scraps: https://sites.google.com/site/x17rpgstuff/home

Class-less D&D: https://github.com/ssfsx17/skill20

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

ssfsx17 wrote:
His companion bear, Beowjaeger, nearly single-handedly killed every single evil cleric and their attendant vroc until it succumbed to its wounds. But it was at least able to take down one of the elite priests of Orcus at the same time.
Sounds absolutely grizzly.

:lol: (sorry. couldn't resist.)
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Penny-Whistle
Ulthal

Post by Penny-Whistle »

That night around the campfire Amable toasted the bravery of Fray.
(to the Hero of Canton tune from Firefly)

He came from the shadows to save all our days
the hero of the dungeon the man they called Fray!

Penny-Whistle
Ulthal

Post by Penny-Whistle »

As for the magnificent cave bear:

The best of blood and bone.
Brother bear.

Penny-Whistle
Ulthal

Post by Penny-Whistle »

Amable watched the others loot Beryn's body. What would I take from this fellow? I will take a mind picture of his battle joy. And try to forget the cloud of foul words that always hung about him. His words flew as furiously as his weapon.

Penny-Whistle
Ulthal

Post by Penny-Whistle »

Who tells the stories of the bards who fall in battle? Fate can be cruel. Amable decides that should he live until the time of the winter feasts he will pass along the memory of Bhapa, first human to wear a village battle tattoo.

ssfsx17
Unkbartig

Post by ssfsx17 »

Tekkou Urist learned the hard way that an iron body can still be scratched.
C&C/D&D-related writings, Cortex Classic material, and other scraps: https://sites.google.com/site/x17rpgstuff/home

Class-less D&D: https://github.com/ssfsx17/skill20