Gaming Command Center

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
koralas
Ulthal

Gaming Command Center

Post by koralas »

Got through with a session of the online campaign after re-arranging my loft... er Gaming Command Center, thought I would post some pics.
Roll20 on screen, my general workspace for all things computerized... While running online, the screen to the left in portrait mode is where I have my adventure PDF, Word Doc, etc. posted, the main Roll20 screen is on an inexepensive off-brand 43" 4K TV being used as a monitor, while to the right I have the character sheets up, popped out into their own windows. This is all from my main PC. Off to the left, you can't see it is an all-in-one PC that I use as a second instance of Roll20 so I can see exactly what the characters do.

Here is a shot of the new storage cubes I put in for my gaming materials, this represents about 35-40% of my physical RPG materials (I don't want to go into how much I have gotten from RPGNow!), and is stuff I am actively using, or mining for ideas, rules, etc. Though a few items are here for future use as well.
I guess that is what you get from over 30 years of RPG'ing!

What does your command center look like?

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Gaming Command Center

Post by Lurker »

Nice ... especially the computer set up !

Right now my 'command center' is all storage boxes and a few piles of books that my wife lets me clutter the house with. One day, when I build my dream home, it WILL have a command center for all my time money energy wasting hobbies - gaming, miniature war gaming, hunting photography, and all the others ...
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

anvil242
Ungern

Post by anvil242 »

Here's mine. I play face to face so I never really tried any of the online tools. Most I can hope for is Herolabs and Realmworks.
https://goo.gl/photos/MbbNWhCVUtFbw2Di6

koralas
Ulthal

Post by koralas »

Lurker wrote:Nice ... especially the computer set up !

Right now my 'command center' is all storage boxes and a few piles of books that my wife lets me clutter the house with. One day, when I build my dream home, it WILL have a command center for all my time money energy wasting hobbies - gaming, miniature war gaming, hunting photography, and all the others ...
Yeah, same here, well except for the wife bit... Have all my other stuff in crates. I do play at my FLGS as well, not running a game there now, but hope to in the future, at least a short campaign.

koralas
Ulthal

Post by koralas »

anvil242 wrote:Here's mine. I play face to face so I never really tried any of the online tools. Most I can hope for is Herolabs and Realmworks.
https://goo.gl/photos/MbbNWhCVUtFbw2Di6
Nice, I like the table. I am hoping once I get everything out of the basement to finish, or at least partly finish it, build in a bar and a nice big gaming table. With the prices of the big screen 4k TV's getting lower, and my thoughts that getting a refurbished one even lower, I will go that route. I saw an add from MicroCenter for a 55" refurbished, oh crud, it was a second tier brand, but anyhow, it was $399. I salivated over it, but couldn't justify getting it to have it sit.

koralas
Ulthal

Post by koralas »

One of the great things about going through the crates and pulling stuff up to my loft was finding some old gems. The map on the table in my picture above was something I made probably 25 years ago, scientific graph paper, and double sided, this was for some sort of evil Warriors stronghold, and that is all I can really remember. The flip side has a second, underground level, complete it a maze and a huge chamber, for what I don't recall. There is also a natural cave complex that can be reached with an underground river that leads off the map to points unknown.

I also found a 10 page write up for a campaign that is loosely based on the old PC game Road War 2000. If I was to describe Road War I would say it is kind of like the Mad Max movies mashed up with Pandemic, Car Wars, and a quick and dirty mass combat game. The majority was story build-up explaining the state of the world, and the cause of the devastation that started with some mysterious group called Omega giving the world ultimatums to disarm, and when they didn't they released a virus that made people into "homicidal maniacs." The countries of the world tried desperately to stop the spread from the cities, even to the extent of nuking some of their own cities, leading to mutants... I think I was going to use the d20 Modern plus some bits from Gamma World (the Sword and Sorcery version) for this. If I revive it, and I am pretty sure I will, I was always looking for the Autoduel source book for GURPS because of this, I will most likely use StarSIEGE as the base game for it. Though if I make it more pulpy I will will probably mash up Amazing Adventures and Gamma World 1st Ed or Mutant Future.

I can't wait to see what else I find as I dig through them!